***** Ghostbusters: Game Thread *****

Integrity28

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the game ended under 700 posts!

Great game, Ape, the setup was awesome and it would be really fun to play an expanded game. Thanks for modding!!!

We ran into back luck early.  We actually watched Verbal and found out that AVM was the doc and planned to kill him the follow night phase.  However, Hess can ran up and did the smart scum move in outing the doc.  We were actually hoping AVM wouldn't counter and stay hidden.  But by doing that he was able to create the WIFOM and he guessed right on the next 2 nights of protection.

After that the game was over.  With 3 confirmed townies and 2 of them invincible, the scum were done.

All of the remaining ghosts gathered around Egon, Zuul (Verbal) insisted that they wait and listen to him as he instructed them clearly not to attack Egon, but instead to sit idly by and watch his ectoplasmic tears collect in a puddle.

Finally, Space Ghost (Darthe), Jacob Marley (80), Slimer (Nanootz) lost their patience and did what needed to be done... much to the chagrin of Zuul. He joined them, then puffed out his sizzle chest, while also hedging in case he was wrong... like any bitch would do.

1048793-egon_spengler__2.jpg

Ker-*******-splattattooey!!!! 

The Ghostbusters have all been bathed in ectoplasmic goop, and the city has been lost to the ghosts and ghouls of the spirit world. 

Lily - Dr. Egon Spengler, tracker/watcher has been SLIMED!!!! 

This game was super boring, and all but over, I just wanted to give it a raucous ending today. Thank you all for playing.  :)

Town MVP: AVM his instinct for the protections turned this into a lopsided victory.
Runner up: Verbal, played awesome but faltered in missing obvious details in my scenes about Hess being "non-converted symp" and Smash being the "1 time convert". 
Runner up: Darthe, his kooky statistical theory boiled his list down to the final 2 scum, and the symp, was pretty hilarious to me. He was spot on.

Scum MPV: JIF, the only time scum had a shot in this game was when he was alive (twice). Their biggest mistake was killing him and leaving themselves open to attack from a very capable town.

Hope you guys had fun!!!! 

Congrats again Verbal, big news int he middle of the game of you having a baby. That's awesome!!! 

Not sure I'd call that obvious - "1-time converter" made me paranoid that they took Crusher early on.  He's hard enough to lynch as it is.....making him mod-confirmed town and then recruited would have carried him to endgame easily.  I was eliminating options that would have impeded our victory.

Wow, the game ended under 700 posts!

Great game, Ape, the setup was awesome and it would be really fun to play an expanded game. Thanks for modding!!!

We ran into back luck early.  We actually watched Verbal and found out that AVM was the doc and planned to kill him the follow night phase.  However, Hess can ran up and did the smart scum move in outing the doc.  We were actually hoping AVM wouldn't counter and stay hidden.  But by doing that he was able to create the WIFOM and he guessed right on the next 2 nights of protection.

After that the game was over.  With 3 confirmed townies and 2 of them invincible, the scum were done.

Go figure, I was correct on my guess that scum watched/tracked, but I was wrong on how.  I figured you saw me view Smash and tried to play that off when you actually ID'ed AVM.

Had your RBer lived, this game could have gone very differently.

/Captain Obvious

Were you playing the same game?  He had me and Darthe pegged as the scum and totally ignored Lily.. per usual.

I cased SMC, Hess and Smash as primary suspects. Darthe was always a low-level scum read the whole game, and you didn't give me much to go on. 

Lily played well.  No one was really on to her that I can recall.

For me, this was a good game.

I cased SMC, Hess and Smash as primary suspects. Darthe was always a low-level scum read the whole game, and you didn't give me much to go on. 

She posted 19 times.  Even for her, that is a really low amount.  Hard to case in that instance.  Everybody was below their normal post count, so casing wasn't really happening much outside of some general gut feelings - which influenced all my views.

AVM was the beast who was in the scum's head.  Damn fine game as Doc.  I'm especially happy as he kept me alive the whole game even though we were both outed.

Go figure, I was correct on my guess that scum watched/tracked, but I was wrong on how.  I figured you saw me view Smash and tried to play that off when you actually ID'ed AVM.

Had your RBer lived, this game could have gone very differently.

/Captain Obvious

No, we watched you also when you viewed Smash.  Your instincts were correct.  We kept watching you to see if there were any other protective roles out there.

When we saw that you viewed Smash, Lily made the smart play to case Smash.

You did well in investigating me which led to the death of the RB.  I was playing it "out in the open," hoping the cop would investigage some of the quiet ones.  I was wrong, LOL.

She posted 19 times.  Even for her, that is a really low amount.  Hard to case in that instance.  Everybody was below their normal post count, so casing wasn't really happening much outside of some general gut feelings - which influenced all my views.

AVM was the beast who was in the scum's head.  Damn fine game as Doc.  I'm especially happy as he kept me alive the whole game even though we were both outed.

That was just bad luck on our part.  You and AVM were dying back-to-back days but then Hess got run up and our play was jeapordized.  Again, he did the right thing in outing the doc, but it worked against us.

If we had found him earlier as symp that wouldve made it easier to coordinate and he wouldn't have claimed doc.  If AVM didn't have to counter he wouldve surely died.

You played well.  You don't have to suck your own dick over it, although that does fit into celibacy standards..

Oh well. Good instincts across the board from town.

I was hoping Verb investigated me when I claimed doc, with the RB dead, it would have been best shot to get rid of Doc/AVM....as it would have came back me as Town on Verbs inv.

Good job town.

Exactly.  That was a good play on your part.  We totally saw what you were doing, but by happenstance it worked against us.

That was the first time Lily ever legitimately pinged me, too.  The vote on me wasn't bad in and of itself (Pac did the same thing) but the competing trains part of the post stuck out.

They were up against the wall though.  Awful luck with Hess.  They played it right, Hess played it right.  I just played off what I'd assume everyone would think was my predictable play (as doc I've always protected others, taken few risks).  They couldn't just leave us both alive so shooting someone else to avoid the wifom wasn't an option.

No, we watched you also when you viewed Smash.  Your instincts were correct.  We kept watching you to see if there were any other protective roles out there.

When we saw that you viewed Smash, Lily made the smart play to case Smash.

You did well in investigating me which led to the death of the RB.  I was playing it "out in the open," hoping the cop would investigage some of the quiet ones.  I was wrong, LOL.

Go figure, hehe.  I noticed Lily do that, and made a post FOSing her for it - 80 as well, though - those 2 stuck out early for immediately casing the scum I had found.  That is what made me think my view was watched/tracked.

That was the first time Lily ever legitimately pinged me, too.  The vote on me wasn't bad in and of itself (Pac did the same thing) but the competing trains part of the post stuck out.

That surprises me. I'm known for liking competing trains. 

Explanation for viewing Crusher:

I forgot about the "non-converted" part of Hess' coroner report - so SMC was correct in the scum QT about it being a brain fart on my part.  I only saw the "1-time converter" on Smash's coroner, and thought we had a conversion game on our hands (at least once).  I wanted to check Crusher as he would be a prime candidate for that early on before anybody knew.

Obviously, had I noticed the note in Hess' scene, I wouldn't have done that....Lily would have been correct, I would have viewed her next because of my FOS on her for the Smash bus vote right out the gates that day.

Oh well, moot point.  I had a brain fart and partially skimmed Hess' scene.

You are - I'm surprised anybody else but me was suspicious of you.  I was because you shot out the gates with a case on Smash right after I viewed him.....it seemed like something scum with a watcher would do, lol.  I even posted about it, but never ended up following up.

@Ape:  I told people not to vote Lily this last day because I wanted everybody to have a chance to post and confirm non-Slimer.  I know how blind lynches feel, and I didn't want one today.  But they were all impatient, and I gave in.  Sorry Lily!

No, I know you are.  It just struck me immediately as "well that just seems odd"

I've been very vocal about my inability to ever read you so I didn't trust it very much but you were one of the ones I was referring to the day we lynched Smash.  Add into that the fact that finding you suspicious seemed rather omgus-y and I refrained from saying much about it

Archived