Arkham Villains - Game Thread

Leelou

Looking back on it, I think I ape/d onto scum with Tina.  Darthe is her scummate who went over the top to defend her.

Now she does an OMGUS vote on me.

With no kill last night I think it's safe to guess that scum hit the doc or someone with a BPV.  Likely doc since scum have a good idea who that is.  Now, they want to find the cop.  Hence, Tina keeps asking people why they voted for someone.  As a townie, why would she give a sh*t for the reason besides someone's vote?  It's just a vote.  She's trying, subtly to find out if there is a power role behind the vote.

I'm sticking my vote on her.  That will tell us a lot about Darthe and put today's play more in focus.

So we should all just throw out names? I´m very interested in peoples reasons and you should be too.

Fine. I´m the doc.

SMC and Ape seems to work good together.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The math logic was supposed to be meh to get a reaction.  And I think we've got telling ones this day phase.

Yeah, that's what I figured. My only pause is the wifom of scum mates defending each other. 

Thing is, if it was supposed to be "meh" then how is it incriminating of Darthe that he called it out as such?

If Tina flips town, it could be that Darthe is scum and just defended her to look super townie. If Tina flips scum, it could be Darthe was defending her as a mate, or it could be Darthe is unrelated to Tina and was just attacking you for saying something he didn't agree with.

So... yeah.

So we should all just throw out names? I´m very interested in peoples reasons and you should be too.

Fine. I´m the doc.

SMC and Ape seems to work good together.

Don't connect me to him. 

Assuming you are truthful. What motivations would scum have to come into today and target the Doc with a case, after having a shot fail on them last night?

I'm imagining a scenario where SMC is part of the scum team that shot/failed at you.

Don't connect me to him. 

Assuming you are truthful. What motivations would scum have to come into today and target the Doc with a case, after having a shot fail on them last night?

I'm imagining a scenario where SMC is part of the scum team that shot/failed at you.

I don´t know. It seems stupid. Unless they thought they could lynch me before I could claim.

I think I'm gonna go with a vote on SMC.  He "randomly" picked Tina claiming it was this big elaborate static math thing and that he chose to pick among the DM folk to find a scum... he randomly found someone who, when ran up to l-2, claims doc.   Just seems a bit too contrived for me.  He got a little defensive of his NOT A CASE when questioned about it as well.

SMC

Vote Count

Tina (4): SMC, Lily, Ishy, Nol

SMC (3): Darthe, Tina, Nae

Crusher (2): AVM, Hess

Hess (2): JiF, Crusher

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

DEADLINE: 7 pm tonight  

Note Darthe and Tina here voting me.

I think I'm gonna go with a vote on SMC.  He "randomly" picked Tina claiming it was this big elaborate static math thing and that he chose to pick among the DM folk to find a scum... he randomly found someone who, when ran up to l-2, claims doc.   Just seems a bit too contrived for me.  He got a little defensive of his NOT A CASE when questioned about it as well.

SMC

It seems contrived that she would claim doc, no?

It seems contrived that she would claim doc, no?

Until someone claims otherwise, doesn't matter.  You know that.

I like my vote where it is

Going to bed be back in 6-12 hours

Six to TWELVE hours? WT-serious-F?

Think about it:  Tina as scum knows who the real doc is because of the failed attempt last night.  She claims doc to create a wifom with the real doc as to whether reveal.  The doc knows he/she is outed, but because it's early on the doc has to wonder whether it's worth it to counter.

If Tina is to be believed then we have to believe that she was the kill attempt last night. Why?

Yeah, that's why I'm ready to vote Darthe.  Although, a counter wouldn't be bad but that is up to the player since it's clear that the scum knows who he/she is already.

You seem pretty confident that no kill last night means scum found the doc.  It could have been a bpv, the doc, the doc randomly protecting the person the scum decided to hit, or even holstered to make people question... who knows?

You seem pretty confident that no kill last night means scum found the doc.  It could have been a bpv, the doc, the doc randomly protecting the person the scum decided to hit, or even holstered to make people question... who knows?

The doc wouldve had to be a crazy person to protect anybody but themselves N1.

Think about it:  Tina as scum knows who the real doc is because of the failed attempt last night.  She claims doc to create a wifom with the real doc as to whether reveal.  The doc knows he/she is outed, but because it's early on the doc has to wonder whether it's worth it to counter.

If Tina is to be believed then we have to believe that she was the kill attempt last night. Why?

You could just as easily be scum, have shot/failed at Tina last night, targeted her for lynch with "meh" math today, and now you basically got the doc to reveal and are tailoring a narrative about how "it may not be worth it for the real doc" to counter. Knowing she IS the doc, and telling your scum mates not to say a peep as you pied piper the town into lynching their doc.

It would be absolutely ballsy, but it would be the type of thing I could see you trying just to spice up an otherwise dull game. I know you well enough to know you are arrogant enough to think you can backpedal your way out of accountability too... thus making it a worthwhile risk in your mind.

This is where SMC loses credibility.

Tina gets run up, by his choice after a night without killing, then she claims doc, then he starts undermining the "convenience" of her claim, while also saying it's not worth while for the real doc to counter. Creating a paradigm where he's basically telling us she's lying, and scum knows who the real doc is, but its not worth it for the real doc to reveal to the town to ensure a scum lynch.

This isn't logical.

Unvote

This is where SMC loses credibility.

Tina gets run up, by his choice after a night without killing, then she claims doc, then he starts undermining the "convenience" of her claim, while also saying it's not worth while for the real doc to counter. Creating a paradigm where he's basically telling us she's lying, and scum knows who the real doc is, but its not worth it for the real doc to reveal to the town to ensure a scum lynch.

This isn't logical.

Unvote

That's not what I was saying.  I was interpreting her play and the reasoning to false claim doc.

I'm willing to go back to Darthe.

As I mentioned, I voted for Tina for the odds. It couldve been anyone, but her play thereafter is interesting. I was the single vote on her and she asked why I was voting for her. Was she trying to bring out power role? You know, squeeze a claim out of me just in case I was a power role that investigated her at night and, thus, out me. I'm not saying I am, but it is an interesting play by her.

Then we have Darthe's Knight in Shiny Armor routine, running to her defense. His play is the most suspect. That's the thing. He proclaims himself Mr. Statistician and critizes my vote based on the odds. When I show him that the math works and supports it, he NOW argues that my vote somehow distracts from scum hunting. I am scum hunting and this whole interplay may have caught scum--him.

The easiest way for Darthe to prove my math is wrong is to vote Tina, but he doesn't.

This post makes people dumber every time they read it. Beyond the role fishing and obstinate willingness to kill have the game to no statistical advantage (apparently you don't understand the concepts of impartiality or objectivity, as your math still doesn't work because its from a subjective pov) why would I vote for someone that I consider town? I'm not petty enough to kill someone to prove a point I'm already aware is false.

Looking back on it, I think I ape/d onto scum with Tina. Darthe is her scummate who went over the top to defend her.

Now she does an OMGUS vote on me.

With no kill last night I think it's safe to guess that scum hit the doc or someone with a BPV. Likely doc since scum have a good idea who that is. Now, they want to find the cop. Hence, Tina keeps asking people why they voted for someone. As a townie, why would she give a sh*t for the reason besides someone's vote? It's just a vote. She's trying, subtly to find out if there is a power role behind the vote.

I'm sticking my vote on her. That will tell us a lot about Darthe and put today's play more in focus.

Do you know what OMGUS means? Cause I assure you, that wasn't it.

That's not what I was saying. I was interpreting her play and the reasoning to false claim doc.

But it's what you said. You're playing both sides intending to lose the argument in a sea of external discussion. Not gonna happen.

This post makes people dumber every time they read it. Beyond the role fishing and obstinate willingness to kill have the game to no statistical advantage (apparently you don't understand the concepts of impartiality or objectivity, as your math still doesn't work because its from a subjective pov) why would I vote for someone that I consider town? I'm not petty enough to kill someone to prove a point I'm already aware is false.

Do you know what OMGUS means? Cause I assure you, that wasn't it.

No sh*t, we each know our alignment and you cased us on domething you yourself consider invalid. Can we lynch this mafioso now folks?

But it's what you said. You're playing both sides intending to lose the argument in a sea of external discussion. Not gonna happen.

LOL, you are really playing this hard.  You are going out of your way to protect a scummate.

Again, let everyone chime in who hasn't to see if there is a counter.  If not, we can move to someone else.

That said, you want to vote for me it won't be a loss since I'm a roless townie.  But with my death the crosshairs will go squarely to you and your scummate Tina.

Oh?  I never knew that protecting those I think town and attempting to kill those I think scum was counter to what I was supposed to do.  

Wait, I get what you're saying, it is counter to what you want me to do.

Right, because you're mafia.

Crusher blatantly side-stepped me there. "Glad I'm back into it" in other words "I do not want to engage in a confrontation with Ape".

Unvote

Vote AVM

100% correct.  I have a neutral vibe from you.  Not going to turn this into a pissing match and muddle up the game.

Archived