Kevin Kolb

GangisGreen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not afraid.   

You'd offer him the same amount you offered Antwan Barnes?

you have nothing to fear, just don't get your hopes up the jets will go after dumervil or any other splashy move.  they are cutting contracts to get young and have cap room for when rex's succesor comes on board 

you have nothing to fear, just don't get your hopes up the jets will go after dumervil or any other splashy move.  they are cutting contracts to get young and have cap room for when rex's succesor comes on board 

This is the only hope at this point.   Then again with all these players signed, they could be in for a hurting if half of them wind up on Injured Reserve by Oct. And seeing who they have signed, it's not far fetched.

I would be all in for Kolb only if he accepts a 2 year deal. It's really pointless to go one season. Matt Moore received 2 years, $8 mil. I would be all for signing him in the same neighborhood. If things weren't to work out we can cut him loose after year one. But if he had some success we would have him under contract for another season for protection of not paying him for a fluke season. If he performed a good second year we would be able to franchise him. Worst come to worst he can be a solid number two QB for those two years on contract who know the system pretty well.

Oh, I still hate on Sanchez plenty and my comments were not meant as an endorsement of any kind.  Sanchez is pure, unadulterated garbage.  My question is WTF happened to Kolb?  After all, he was good enough in Philly to get the Cards to bite on his deal.  How and why did the wheels come completely off?

I understand he could not remain upright with his line.  I saw him play once, I think.  And he was really pressured.  But he also seemed to have developed David Carr disease:  the inability not to visualize a sack on every pass play. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb

Beat writer Manish Mehta expects the Jets to pursue Kevin Kolb once the Cardinals release him.

Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg coached Kolb when his

stock rose in Philadelphia. Mehta says that "if the price is right,"

Kolb will land with the Jets and be the Week 1 starter. Although only

Mark Sanchez and David Garrard sit atop the depth chart now, that's a

major leap. During two seasons in Arizona, Kolb has gone 6-8 as a

starter and lost a 2012 training camp battle to John Skelton.

Having seen John Skelton up close the fact that he beat out Kolb is beyond frightening.  But if Marty wants him, he thinks he can start here so it is worth going for it.

It would be nice if Kolb could emerge here with Garrard being the #2 guy the next few seasons.  If that happened, would Mark be inactive on game day this year?  WOW.

I would be all in for Kolb only if he accepts a 2 year deal. It's really pointless to go one season. Matt Moore received 2 years, $8 mil. I would be all for signing him in the same neighborhood. If things weren't to work out we can cut him loose after year one. But if he had some success we would have him under contract for another season for protection of not paying him for a fluke season. If he performed a good second year we would be able to franchise him. Worst come to worst he can be a solid number two QB for those two years on contract who know the system pretty well.

Really good point.

I agree with you but how many QB are the Jets going to bring in , Kolb is not the answer to the problem , playing QB in the NFL is the most pressure job and there are many star college QB that fail every year, Sanchez and the other 10 QB the Jets are going to bring in are going to needs someone to catch the ball , where are all the wide outs   

The wide receiver group isn't as bad with Holmes healthy.  Kerley is solid and I think they have young talent that will get better with experience (Hill, White).

The wide receiver group isn't as bad with Holmes healthy.  Kerley is solid and I think they have young talent that will get better with experience (Hill, White).

I'm pretty sure they will still sign or trade for another WR. I'd love to see Nate Washington here and I like DHB as a flyer too.

Kolb is one of those moves I kind of feel good about no matter what they decide.  If they go after him I assume that Mornhinweg likes him.  If they don't I assume they decided he is too spendy or MM knows he sucks.

I think DHB is a horrible fit for this O.  They already have Hill.  If they are going to throw a ton I think they want guys that catch everything.  Think when the Eagles went after the Giants Steve Smith. I think DHB (who I kind of like) and Hill are better fits for the Sparano/Al Davis/Tebow "run, run, bomb" offense.

Kolb is one of those moves I kind of feel good about no matter what they decide.  If they go after him I assume that Mornhinweg likes him.  If they don't I assume they decided he is too spendy or MM knows he sucks.

I think DHB is a horrible fit for this O.  They already have Hill.  If they are going to throw a ton I think they want guys that catch everything.  Think when the Eagles went after the Giants Steve Smith. I think DHB (who I kind of like) and Hill are better fits for the Sparano/Al Davis/Tebow "run, run, bomb" offense.

Yeah but this offense is going to be gone after the season anyway and DHB is a guy who has significant upside and could contribute when the Jets are ready to compete next. 

MM likes to throw the ball up field 3 or 4 times a game.  Hill will be perfect for that.  I still think Hill is going to be a good WR

There is one problem , Hill can not catch , I think is going to be a bust , White did not play much last season and he was so good he would have played more as for Holmes , you never know what the Jets are going to get from him , he is not a team player and the Jets have no tight end , the Jets needs to draft a tight end , wide out and the Jets wonder how the QB fails with no good players and 1 head case to pass the ball too , the best guy is Kerley but he is the 3 wide out

There is one problem , Hill can not catch , I think is going to be a bust , White did not play much last season and he was so good he would have played more as for Holmes , you never know what the Jets are going to get from him , he is not a team player and the Jets have no tight end , the Jets needs to draft a tight end , wide out and the Jets wonder how the QB fails with no good players and 1 head case to pass the ball too , the best guy is Kerley but he is the 3 wide out

I think what they did with Hill last year is a very good supporting case for how Tanny got himself fired.  Take a WR with awesome size and speed and pencil him in to start as a rookie; after he spent his college career blocking in the triple option.  Huge mistake.  But I think Hill can become a good WR in this leage, his hands have to improve though.  That drop against the Pats cost that game and changed the season.

As for Holmes he is like playing with fire.  But he will have a real offensive coordinator for the 1st time in his career.  He was off to a very good start this year; if they can get the passing game on track, I think he will stay quiet this time.

Kerley is a really good # 3.  Hill at this point is a 4.  I would like White to be the # 5 \ returner.  So that does leave a hole at # 2.  All I was saying is I think the position isn't as bleak as others made it out to be.

You could also make the case that Holmes is a # 2, so what they really need is a # 1.  But that isn't going to happen...Holmes will be the top guy and you fill someone into that # 2 spot.  Brayon?

@Maxman

I would give Kerley more credit than just labeling him our WR3.  When Holmes went down, Kerley became the go-to receiver and he delivered.   Sure he isn't a towering WR, but he could easily fill the #2 role.  Something to consider: the size disparity between Holmes & Kerely, versus,  Maclin & DeSean Jackson, is negligible. Morhingweg doesn't rely on towering possession receivers..he likes his guys smallish and lightning quick. 

We've been linked to drafted a WR with an early pick (Patterson, at one point in time), and depending on what picks we go into the draft with, I could see drafting an early WR being a very realistic option.  However, instead of Patterson, imagine an offense with Tavon Austin picked #13 on it.  We would have the equivalent of three, mini-sized, shifty slot receivers running 3-yd slants and go routes.  That would be a potent offense fitting the "attacking" motif we are adopting. 

@Maxman

I would give Kerley more credit than just labeling him our WR3.  When Holmes went down, Kerley became the go-to receiver and he delivered.   Sure he isn't a towering WR, but he could easily fill the #2 role.  Something to consider: the size disparity between Holmes & Kerely, versus,  Maclin & DeSean Jackson, is negligible. Morhingweg doesn't rely on towering possession receivers..he likes his guys smallish and lightning quick. 

We've been linked to drafted a WR with an early pick (Patterson, at one point in time), and depending on what picks we go into the draft with, I could see drafting an early WR being a very realistic option.  However, instead of Patterson, imagine an offense with Tavon Austin picked #13 on it.  We would have the equivalent of three, mini-sized, shifty slot receivers running 3-yd slants and go routes.  That would be a potent offense fitting the "attacking" motif we are adopting. 

At best, Kerley is a slot WR, aka WR3.

Archived