Carson Palmer officially a Cardinal

itsJETStime

for who?!?!?

Not sure to be perfectly honest.  Would have to see who is declaring.  Just not sure any QB is worth the 9th overall and that this regime wants to hang it's hat on picking a QB this year.  We still have the last regimes fatal flaw on the roster.  I have no issue picking up someone later this draftr or maybe moving back for someone that drops.  Just not feeling anybody is worth it at nine.

Not sure to be perfectly honest.  Would have to see who is declaring.  Just not sure any QB is worth the 9th overall and that this regime wants to hang it's hat on picking a QB this year.  We still have the last regimes fatal flaw on the roster.  I have no issue picking up someone later this draftr or maybe moving back for someone that drops.  Just not feeling anybody is worth it at nine.

yea i feel yea but i think nine isnt so bad for geno. Id never take him 1 or even top 5 but looking at his stats he seems kinda good so id take a risk at 9 for a potentially game changing move for the franchise.  42 touchdowns to 6 interceptions i dont follow college football that much but it seems amazing

i think because everyone is dissapointed there are no lucks or rg3s in this draft it could work out well by geno falling to us. We need to get lucky cause if there is a super amazing qb everyone knows about i doubt the jets have the top pick to get him.

I think it was Palmer and a seventh for the sixth. I'd still probably take it. 

We couldn't trade Sanchez for a conditional 7th rounder in 2018 that upgrades to a 7th rounder in 2017 if he makes the pro bowl once between now and then.  He literally has no trade value.  

Our 6th and Sanchez for their 7th?

More like our 3rd and Sanchez for their 7th in 2018.  Even then you'd have to sell someone on buying a 3rd round pick for $8.5M (the money that Sanchez is guaranteed this year).  I'm not even sure we could get someone to bite on that absurd offer.

More like our 3rd and Sanchez for their 7th in 2018. Even then you'd have to sell someone on buying a 3rd round pick for $8.5M (the money that Sanchez is guaranteed this year). I'm not even sure we could get someone to bite on that absurd offer.

Not really worth it to part with him at this point either, theoretically. Jets need all the picks they can get and hope the talent evaluators are better at their jobs.

Not really worth it to part with him at this point either, theoretically. Jets need all the picks they can get and hope the talent evaluators are better at their jobs.

I wasn't suggesting we do that.  I'm merely pointing out how he has less than zero trade value.  To the point where I'm surmising that we'd probably have to give up a mid-round pick just to get him off the payroll.  

In other words, he's going nowhere because no one wants him even for free.

I wasn't suggesting we do that. I'm merely pointing out how he has less than zero trade value. To the point where I'm surmising that we'd probably have to give up a mid-round pick just to get him off the payroll.

In other words, he's going nowhere because no one wants him even for free.

That's fair. I can think of a few posters that would be willing to do that based on Sanchez hate.

No thanks.  Let's wait till next year.

But next year is a complete crapshoot.  That concerns me.  These guys might not come out.  I don't think we will be bad enough to get them.  And the others Geno is probably better than.  Do we then move on to 2015?

not sure there will be a regime if they do not find a serviceable long term QB.

We couldn't trade Sanchez for a conditional 7th rounder in 2018 that upgrades to a 7th rounder in 2017 if he makes the pro bowl once between now and then.  He literally has no trade value.  

Even if he gets his diploma from the Jeff Garcia Academy?

Archived