Indoor Football League Wants Tim Tebow

slowmoe57

The Jets screw Tim Tebow and folks are happy? I hope anyone who wishes bad on Tebow has it happen to a son,grandson or nephew or better yet themselves.

Tebow was never given a fair chance here. End of story.

****'em he was paid millions to play a game. He just sucked at it and was fired. No different then any of us if we sucked at our jobs and most of us don't make millions.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just dont understand how the Jets screwed Tebow.  Maybe he was given false hope of what his role would be here or was brought in as a dog n pony show so Woody can sell more PSLs....but hey, its the NFL, nothing is promised for anyone. Plus, if he had that much talent as a QB then there would have been teams lined up to take him off waivers which there wasn't.  Teams didn't sign him bc the Jets screwed him... but bc he's not that good of a QB and doesn't really even fit the role of a solid back-up.  He is an all around great athlete, there is no doubting that...but that worked out better for him in college than it did in the NFL.

Sooo even if he was dcked around by the Jets all year in front of a major media venue then so be it.... I'll take that all day for the paycheck he was getting....how bout the guy who gets laid off by his work and was only making 40K a year and has two mouths to feed at home plus a mortgage..I would say that is being screwed by a company you work for....not by being signed by the New York Jets as a back-up QB with limited playing time for a cool couple million... that's a friggen luxury!  

Now dont get me wrong ..I am a big fan of Tebow and the way he represents himself....I even bought my son his jersey and would love to see the guy start for another NFL team as I feel he has great character and he is a tremendous athlete and could help another team to win....but I'm just not so sure that will be at starting QB....I wish him the best and enjoyed seeing him as a Jet and would have loved to seen him out there more at times.... but by all means...he didn't get screwed.  

I would agree with this, but it's just not true.   You have guys like Kevin Kolb who have done what in the NFL? Did anybody actually think the guy could play QB after the Arizona debacle?   And John Skelton?  yeah right. A guy like Chase Daniels gets a nice contract for what?   Hell, Tavarius Jackson is still in the NFL.  So is David Carr.  Jesse Palmer did what exactly years ago besides go on the bachelor?

I don't think Tebow is an NFL QB, but if you look around,  is Curtis Painter?   Is Matt Simms or Greg McElroy?  Hell at this point,  how is Mark Sanchez still in the NFL after the past two years?   Joey Harrington seemed to stick around for a few years before people realized he sucked.  The only reason Ryan Leaf didn't stick around was because the guy was an a-hole.     

And people said Drew Brees was too short to be a QB. Years ago nobody thought Flutie QB.  Not saying Tebow will be anything close to those guys, but if you have played QB and won in high school, college, and the NFL,  why would you think you're not a QB?   It's not like the kid got lucky or had a bunch of picks.  He can't throw that's for sure, but somehow the Broncos won a playoff game.    Yeah people claim it was all the defense, except they suddenly never bring that up in conversations when that same defense gave up 40 some points to the Bills or Patriots.      

Tebow hasn't gotten a fair shake.  He didn't really get it in Denver, but there was no way the Broncos could have gone that season with Orton or Quinn because the fans wouldn't have it.  They finally caved and the Broncos did win a playoff game.    He didn't get a fair shake in NY because really, the Jets fans  never cared for him and the coaching staff didn't care to give him a chance.    And that is life.  Life isn't always fair.    It's business.   It was Rex.  Tony. And so on.    

The reality is as bad as Tebow is,  he couldn't have been any worse than McElroy or Sanchez.  So what if he sucked it up.  They lost anyway with Sanchez who nobody wants anymore. The only difference is if the Jets did win the last two games with Tebow,   Rex would've been fired already.

I would agree with this, but it's just not true.   You have guys like Kevin Kolb who have done what in the NFL? Did anybody actually think the guy could play QB after the Arizona debacle?   And John Skelton?  yeah right. A guy like Chase Daniels gets a nice contract for what?   Hell, Tavarius Jackson is still in the NFL.  So is David Carr.  Jesse Palmer did what exactly years ago besides go on the bachelor?

I don't think Tebow is an NFL QB, but if you look around,  is Curtis Painter?   Is Matt Simms or Greg McElroy?  Hell at this point,  how is Mark Sanchez still in the NFL after the past two years?   Joey Harrington seemed to stick around for a few years before people realized he sucked.  The only reason Ryan Leaf didn't stick around was because the guy was an a-hole.     

And people said Drew Brees was too short to be a QB. Years ago nobody thought Flutie QB.  Not saying Tebow will be anything close to those guys, but if you have played QB and won in high school, college, and the NFL,  why would you think you're not a QB?   It's not like the kid got lucky or had a bunch of picks.  He can't throw that's for sure, but somehow the Broncos won a playoff game.    Yeah people claim it was all the defense, except they suddenly never bring that up in conversations when that same defense gave up 40 some points to the Bills or Patriots.      

Tebow hasn't gotten a fair shake.  He didn't really get it in Denver, but there was no way the Broncos could have gone that season with Orton or Quinn because the fans wouldn't have it.  They finally caved and the Broncos did win a playoff game.    He didn't get a fair shake in NY because really, the Jets fans  never cared for him and the coaching staff didn't care to give him a chance.    And that is life.  Life isn't always fair.    It's business.   It was Rex.  Tony. And so on.    

The reality is as bad as Tebow is,  he couldn't have been any worse than McElroy or Sanchez.  So what if he sucked it up.  They lost anyway with Sanchez who nobody wants anymore. The only difference is if the Jets did win the last two games with Tebow,   Rex would've been fired already.

Correct...maybe he didn't get a fair shot...but what exactly is a fair shot in the NFL...you either get the opportunity and you shine or you dont get it.  Could you imagine if Bledsoe never got injured? There goes a future HOF (brady) who may have never seen a full season to shine and become the HOF that he is(Damn Mo Lewis just couldn't back off at the sideline).  Tebow did have that opportunity at least and it just wasn't enough to secure him a starting QB role anywhere else after the Broncos.. I wonder how many potentially Bradys were in the NFL at some point and never had that chance to shine.  Is that then considered not getting a fair shot? 

The Jets screw Tim Tebow and folks are happy?  I hope anyone who wishes bad on Tebow has it happen to a son,grandson or nephew or better yet themselves. 

Tebow was never given a fair chance here. End of story.

I would love to have the chance to get screwed over by the Jets and have them pay me a million dollars to do nothing.  Better than the Jets screwing me over when Im giving them money like the did for 20 years

Those Assholes!

Exactly!  I'm just confused as to why we don't see these threads popping up hundreds of times per season, pointing out the injustice of every player throughout the league who rots away on the bench or, dare I even say it, is actually cut.  This cannot be stood for, we're talking about hundreds, if not thousands, of players per season who are treated as if they have some sort of subordinate position in the organization, being told to perform a task by their superiors simply because they are paid to and, worst of all, actually having their position and value evaluated based upon that performance.  I mean, who the hell do these teams think they are anyway?

..  This cannot be stood for, we're talking about hundreds, if not thousands, of players per season who are treated as if they have some sort of subordinate position in the organization, being told to perform a task by their superiors simply because they are paid to and, worst of all, actually having their position and value evaluated based upon that performance.

Tebow was brought to the team as the #2 QB who would run the wildcat. 

The plays he ran didn't work.

Then they complain that the #3 QB gets the ball when Sanchez got too bad.

I don't care about preseason promises, etc. if you don't perform on the plays you see action, they are not going to make you the starter.

How did the jets screw tebow? If he was good, He have won the starting job or at least would have done more with his opportunities. If he was good he wouldn't have cleared waivers.

Jets didn't screw him and they didn't use him wrong. The only way his game works is with broken plays where teams have to respect the pass and he scrambles when the play breaks down. That is not the same thing as a planned run. You can't duplicate spontaneity. They gave him a shot and it didn't work. They tried to trade him and not one team even offered a 7th in 2014, so he was cut. Happens every season to hundreds of players. But because its tebow we screwed him.

This.

The notion that the Jets SCREWED Tebow is simply annoying and untrue.  First of all, the Jets traded for Tebow when it was apparent that few teams had any interest even after a playoff run with a team who was looking for a convenient and PR-friendly way to get rid of him!  Hmmmmmmmm.  Tim chose the Jets, by all accounts.  And he had the opportunity to see playing time with the Jets.  If Tebow impressed the coaches in 2012, he would have played more.  Fact is, when he had the opportunities, he sucked.  Sucked on the field, and sucked in practice.  And now, he has been fired for performing poorly.  Boo freakin hoo.

Tebow was brought to the team as the #2 QB who would run the wildcat. 

The plays he ran didn't work.

Then they complain that the #3 QB gets the ball when Sanchez got too bad.

I don't care about preseason promises, etc. if you don't perform on the plays you see action, they are not going to make you the starter.

What? The plays he got where a run straight up a linemans ass. I'll admit Sanchez did that better, but you can't tell me it was all based off performance cause me blackout drunk should have been put in ahead of Sanchez a few times.

Thats not true. Not in Texas at least. Texas has a max amount of $432 a wk regardless of how many figured check you made prior to that. And it pays UPTO 50% of your previous wages. And I know this through personal experience when Im in between contracts.

wow $432! here in Tennessee the max is $284 I think. then I just had an uncle that moved here from maryland and he was drawing unemployment from there and was getting over 1600 bucks every two weeks from unemployment! guess each state is different. mine really sucks! Don't see how they think anyone can survive on $280 a week. I guess unless it's a single person even then it'd be hard.

You can complain about the plays called if you wish.

Fact is, they weren't successful plays.

When you are #2 and you have a whole season of unsuccessful plays that you ran, you don't get promoted.

I cant believe I'm now defending Tebow but what ******* season where you watching? They had him pack on 20 pounds and run up Nick Mangolds ass everytime he got the ball. I'm not suggesting he's good but even if you're a Sanchez supporter Tony Sparanos calls especially with the wild cat made no sense because it was typically detrimental to both of them.

This.

The notion that the Jets SCREWED Tebow is simply annoying and untrue.  First of all, the Jets traded for Tebow when it was apparent that few teams had any interest even after a playoff run with a team who was looking for a convenient and PR-friendly way to get rid of him!  Hmmmmmmmm.  Tim chose the Jets, by all accounts.  And he had the opportunity to see playing time with the Jets.  If Tebow impressed the coaches in 2012, he would have played more.  Fact is, when he had the opportunities, he sucked.  Sucked on the field, and sucked in practice.  And now, he has been fired for performing poorly.  Boo freakin hoo.

This is the part I dont agree with.   If this was true they would have gave him at least one full game to prove himself the way they did for McElroy.  They brought him in for the attention and figured Sanchez could beat him in camp and regain confidence.  Both his own confidence and fan base confidence.  

Exactly!  I'm just confused as to why we don't see these threads popping up hundreds of times per season, pointing out the injustice of every player throughout the league who rots away on the bench or, dare I even say it, is actually cut.  This cannot be stood for, we're talking about hundreds, if not thousands, of players per season who are treated as if they have some sort of subordinate position in the organization, being told to perform a task by their superiors simply because they are paid to and, worst of all, actually having their position and value evaluated based upon that performance.  I mean, who the hell do these teams think they are anyway?

Dude the kid was coming off a miracle type performance with the Bronco's.  He was hot. Jets used him for publicity.  Yes he is not a good QB.  But Mark didn;t exactly light it up.  What team start the number 3 QB before the number 2 QB when your starter stinks?  Then the number 2 stinks and they go back to the starter to stink some more?  Makes no sense. The only thing I could think is maybe Tebow had some bonus structure if he started games.  Just seems odd.  I understand it happens to other players but nobody holds press conferences for those guys.  You are not being reasonable when you compare Tebow to the average player in terms of name recognition. 

I cant believe I'm now defending Tebow but what ******* season where you watching? They had him pack on 20 pounds and run up Nick Mangolds ass everytime he got the ball. I'm not suggesting he's good but even if you're a Sanchez supporter Tony Sparanos calls especially with the wild cat made no sense because it was typically detrimental to both of them.

Even if conceding to all of this, there is still a massive difference between Tebow not being used well, just like every other player on the Jets' offense this season, and claiming they "screwed" Tebow, in an attempt to villlianize the team as though they plotted against him.  In the end, Tebow still got significantly more playing time than 90% of the league's backups, and that other 10% was mostly because of injury.  None of this does anything to explain why, when all reports were that Tebow performed awfully in camp and practice, they should be required to play him anyway.  There was 8 months between the time of the Tebow trade and the Jets' decision to bench Sanchez, and quite clearly they felt in that time McElroy outperformed Tebow.  If anything, starting Tebow over McElroy despite McElroy outperforming him in practice, simply because they traded for Tebow, would have been screwing over McElroy far more than they ever did Tebow.

Dude the kid was coming off a miracle type performance with the Bronco's.  He was hot. Jets used him for publicity.  Yes he is not a good QB.  But Mark didn;t exactly light it up.  What team start the number 3 QB before the number 2 QB when your starter stinks?  Then the number 2 stinks and they go back to the starter to stink some more?  Makes no sense. The only thing I could think is maybe Tebow had some bonus structure if he started games.  Just seems odd.  I understand it happens to other players but nobody holds press conferences for those guys.  You are not being reasonable when you compare Tebow to the average player in terms of name recognition. 

A miracle type performance.  Oh come on, this is just blatantly untrue.  Tebow lost 3 of his last 4 games with the Broncos.  His last start saw him get absolutely embarrassed the league's single worst defense.  His was a mediocre performance that led to an 8-8 record and backing into the playoffs.  I promise you, if any other QB in the league had done that same exact thing, with the kind of passing performances that Tebow put up, nobody would be at all impressed.

A miracle type performance.  Oh come on, this is just blatantly untrue.  Tebow lost 3 of his last 4 games with the Broncos.  His last start saw him get absolutely embarrassed the league's single worst defense.  His was a mediocre performance that led to an 8-8 record and backing into the playoffs.  I promise you, if any other QB in the league had done that same exact thing, with the kind of passing performances that Tebow put up, nobody would be at all impressed.

I'm sorry.  How many games did they win before Tebow took over?  Was he one and done or did they beat a team with an ok defense the first game?  I dont remember.   Keeping up with the Pats scoring is a pretty tall order. 

I'm sorry.  How many games did they win before Tebow took over?  Was he one and done or did they beat a team with an ok defense the first game?  I dont remember.   Keeping up with the Pats scoring is a pretty tall order. 

If this is your means of evaluating a QB, then you'd think Sanchez never should have been benched to begin with.  The Broncos went 8-6 (including playoffs) with Tebow, while not awful, hardly an all world performance either.  And the "keeping up with the Pats scoring" argument doesn't have much merit to it when the Broncos put up a grand total of 10 points in that game, against the league's worst defense no less.  None of this still does anything to explain why Tebow deserved to play over another player who outperformed him in practice, other than the argument that a trade that happened 8 months earlier should overrule everything that happened after that and because he has name recognition.  If anything, doing that would have been screwing over McElroy more than anything they did to Tebow.

Even if conceding to all of this, there is still a massive difference between Tebow not being used well, just like every other player on the Jets' offense this season, and claiming they "screwed" Tebow, in an attempt to villlianize the team as though they plotted against him.  In the end, Tebow still got significantly more playing time than 90% of the league's backups, and that other 10% was mostly because of injury.  None of this does anything to explain why, when all reports were that Tebow performed awfully in camp and practice, they should be required to play him anyway.  There was 8 months between the time of the Tebow trade and the Jets' decision to bench Sanchez, and quite clearly they felt in that time McElroy outperformed Tebow.  If anything, starting Tebow over McElroy despite McElroy outperforming him in practice, simply because they traded for Tebow, would have been screwing over McElroy far more than they ever did Tebow.

+1.  What he said. 

The Jets mishandling of Tebow is completely overblown. The mistake was acquiring him in the first place. Jets owe no player anything if they do not deserve it through MERIT. Tebow was awful in the wildcat. All accounts were he was even worse in practice. If you don't earn it, then you don't play. There was no injustice here. Just a circus, and a bad football player.

I understand it happens to other players but nobody holds press conferences for those guys.  You are not being reasonable when you compare Tebow to the average player in terms of name recognition. 

So are you suggesting that the Jets should've given him more chances because of his name recognition? Or just that it's okay that it's a bigger deal because of his name recognition? Because I'll grant you the second point. Tebow's congregation wants Tebow news 24/7, and the media is happy to comply. But I don't see that same name recognition as a reason to start him at QB if he's performing worse than Greg McElroy in practice. 

The conversation around Tebow now is about whether or not he'll get another shot in the NFL. That's the guy the Jets should've started at the end of the year? I think there are probably enough reasons not to play him without getting into conspiracy theories. 

If this is your means of evaluating a QB, then you'd think Sanchez never should have been benched to begin with.  The Broncos went 8-6 (including playoffs) with Tebow, while not awful, hardly an all world performance either.  And the "keeping up with the Pats scoring" argument doesn't have much merit to it when the Broncos put up a grand total of 10 points in that game, against the league's worst defense no less.  None of this still does anything to explain why Tebow deserved to play over another player who outperformed him in practice, other than the argument that a trade that happened 8 months earlier should overrule everything that happened after that and because he has name recognition.  If anything, doing that would have been screwing over McElroy more than anything they did to Tebow.

Out performed him in practice?  Too bad all this outperforming never translated to game performance. After all they all sucked equally horrible in game play.  After the butt fumble the Jets could have picked a fan from the stadium to QB and they probably could have done at least no worse.  Just think the kid should have gotten at least one start when the season was already lost.  Sorta like Denver did with him. For nothing else but entertainment or increasing his trade value. 

The part that I really can't get is did they really figure out how bad he was AFTER he got here.  Did he actually get worse?  Why bring him at all if it was not to back up sh*tty Sanchez?  Really good questions. 

Out performed him in practice?  Too bad all this outperforming never translated to game performance. After all they all sucked equally horrible in game play.  After the butt fumble the Jets could have picked a fan from the stadium to QB and they probably could have done at least no worse.  Just think the kid should have gotten at least one start when the season was already lost.  Sorta like Denver did with him. For nothing else but entertainment or increasing his trade value. 

The part that I really can't get is did they really figure out how bad he was AFTER he got here.  Did he actually get worse?  Why bring him at all if it was not to back up sh*tty Sanchez?  Really good questions. 

It would seem the evaluations of the GM and coaches did not exactly line up.  Or at the very least, not after the coaches got the opportunity to watch Tebow for 8 months.  Is it your belief that any coaching staff (regardless of what you may think of them), should be forced to make decisions on starters and playing time based solely on past roster moves, even if it contradicts what their own evaluations are of their players?  That would suggest that every coach should be forced into starting every substantial acquisition, be it FA, trade or even draft pick regardless of the circumstances.

I'm curious, do you think the Seahawks screwed over Matt Flynn last year by signing him to be their starter in FA but then opting to go with the rookie who outperformed in training camp?  If not, then I don't see how you can say the Jets in any way screwed Tebow, rather you're simply upset because you wanted to see them start him and the Jets' opted not to.  You don't have to agree with that decision, but that certainly doesn't make it some vile plot against a poor innocent martyr.

.. Just think the kid should have gotten at least one start when the season was already lost.

So that's it?  All this betrayal hoopla is over getting one start at the end of the season when the team is in a tailspin?

I don't understand why people admit on one hand that Tebow is not a good QB, but then get worked up how he got screwed.  If he's not a good QB to begin with it's not that much of an injustice  he couldn't replace the struggling Sanchez, and even if Tebow won the job he would have to be replaced anyway because he is not a good QB.

Betrayal, betrayal, all over a guy you admit isn't the answer anyway.

Tebow won games for his team as Sanchez ran into the ass of his guard.  Tebow came in and replace the starting QB and went to the playoffs.  Silly of you to even try and insinuate that.

So are you suggesting that the Jets should've given him more chances because of his name recognition? Or just that it's okay that it's a bigger deal because of his name recognition? Because I'll grant you the second point. Tebow's congregation wants Tebow news 24/7, and the media is happy to comply. But I don't see that same name recognition as a reason to start him at QB if he's performing worse than Greg McElroy in practice. 

The conversation around Tebow now is about whether or not he'll get another shot in the NFL. That's the guy the Jets should've started at the end of the year? I think there are probably enough reasons not to play him without getting into conspiracy theories. 

I have no problem with McElroy outperforming Tebow in practice and getting his chance first.  But when he proved to not be good why go back to Sanchez?  Why not let Tebow who quite honestly waited pretty patiently doing whatever odd jobs he was asked to as well as he could eventually get a shot at a start?  Thats what they said he was there for.  Ok fine he sucked more than they thought.  That's fair. But damn dude how do you go back to Mark after McElroy before giving the guy you brought here as a backup a shot?  The season was over.  Let the kid start a damn game like you announced when gave away a 4th and brought him here. 

It would seem the evaluations of the GM and coaches did not exactly line up.  Or at the very least, not after the coaches got the opportunity to watch Tebow for 8 months.  Is it your belief that any coaching staff (regardless of what you may think of them), should be forced to make decisions on starters and playing time based solely on past roster moves, even if it contradicts what their own evaluations are of their players?  That would suggest that every coach should be forced into starting every substantial acquisition, be it FA, trade or even draft pick regardless of the circumstances.

I'm curious, do you think the Seahawks screwed over Matt Flynn last year by signing him to be their starter in FA but then opting to go with the rookie who outperformed in training camp?  If not, then I don't see how you can say the Jets in any way screwed Tebow, rather you're simply upset because you wanted to see them start him and the Jets' opted not to.  You don't have to agree with that decision, but that certainly doesn't make it some vile plot against a poor innocent martyr.

Outperformed?  Sanchez was the worst in the league dude. McElroy was not any better.  Worse Tebow could have done is be just as bad.  The Seahawks example is stupid.  Nobody outperformed crap.  If we had a QB take us to the playoffs I would not be having this conversation.  Everyone of our QB's sucked. Why not give him a shot?

Yeah our staff could really evaluate talent in practice enough to make a good choice who would do best in the game.  Sanchez was practically begging to be pulled by the end of the season. 

So that's it?  All this betrayal hoopla is over getting one start at the end of the season when the team is in a tailspin?

I don't understand why people admit on one hand that Tebow is not a good QB, but then get worked up how he got screwed.  If he's not a good QB to begin with it's not that much of an injustice  he couldn't replace the struggling Sanchez, and even if Tebow won the job he would have to be replaced anyway because he is not a good QB.

Betrayal, betrayal, all over a guy you admit isn't the answer anyway.

Yes it is.  If the team played well and Tebow was here he should never even come in for a play.  Backups only play when the starter sh*ts the bed or gets hurt.  Whats the tuff part to understand? Mark sucked. Give the guy you brought in as the number two a shot.  Hell try the number three then a receiver at QB if you like first.  Eventually if you bring the kid in to play and the thing has blown up give him a shot. 

Archived