Frontpage Mag accuse Oday Aboushi of being a terrosit

LAD_Brooklyn

Here is the original story by Joe Kaufman

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/joe-kaufman/new-york-jets-draft-pick-tweets-against-israel/

Oday Aboushi leads a double life. On the one hand, he is an American football player with professional-level athletic skills. On the other, he is a fundamentalist Muslim with radical associations and a heritage that pushes him towards a destructive world of violence and hate.

When the New York Jets football team chose Oday Aboushi with the eighth pick of the fifth round of the April 2013 NFL Draft (141st pick overall), the organization knew that it was getting an elite player who could wreak havoc on the field – one of the top offensive linemen in the entire draft. At 6-foot-5, 310 pounds, no doubt, Abousi is an imposing figure. What the Jets didn’t know, though, was the type of havoc he could potentially cause off the field.

in another forum there was a thread of hopeful Jets fans saying things like "he went to catholic school, he's not muslim!"

without getting political, it is possible to disagree with the actions of Israel and not be a deadly terrorist. 

New York Jets Offensive Tackle Oday Aboushi Targeted by Frontpage Mag
May 21st, 2013 at 8:45 AM
By Donald Lappe
A recent post by Frontpage Mag has targeted New York Jets offensive tackle and 2013 NFL Draft selection Oday Aboushi. Oday Aboushi is accused of leading a double life and supporting terrorism, while the Jets are urged to cut their losses and rid themselves of the young offensive tackle. Of course, such accusations would surely be supported by some kind of legitimate evidence, not a loosely-held together mish-mash of associations and social media posts, right? Um, no.

'Virginia endzone' photo © 2009, Karen Blaha - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

The character assassination of Oday Aboushi is capped off with a call for the New York Jets to get rid of the rookie offensive tackle. Keep that in mind as we review the "evidence" of his extremist views. It's probably also worth keeping in mind that this is America, where people are allowed to speak their minds and hold their own beliefs, controversial or not. Tim Tebow can speak about his Christianity, players can be open about their sexuality and, yes, Oday Aboushi can retweet a picture.

The real meat of the article's attempt to tie Oday Aboushi to extremism is a Twitter conversation between him and Linda Sarsour, as well as two pictures of the two together. The Twitter conversation consists of Sarsour congratulating Oday Aboushi on being drafted by the Jets and teasing him about needing to change his Twitter bio. The pictures are of Oday Aboushi and Linda Sarsour standing together.

Linda Sarsour has posted some very controversial things on her Twitter account about Zionism and the Underwear Bomber. But is that any different than the clowns who posted about Sandy Hook being a hoax? Stupidity is not a crime. Having a friendly conversation with someone who posts dumb things, or taking a picture with that person, isn't a crime either.

As far as any actual postings by Oday Aboushi that "prove" his association with Muslim extremism? A retweeted picture of a woman which the original posts claims is being evicted from her home in Jerusalem by Israeli authorities. Retweeting a picture of what you perceive to be a social injustice now gets you labeled as a terrorist. Aboushi also wrote a tweet about a "beautiful fundraiser" to benefit children in Palestinian refugee camps.

Of course, there was no mention of actual actions made by Oday Aboushi. That's because his actions tell a different story than the twisted narrative the article hopes to push. Back in December, Oday Aboushi joined David Harris to distribute food to victims of Hurricane Sandy on Staten Island. Back in 2011, Oday Aboushi was honored by the White House along with about a dozen other Muslim athletes.

This is one of the scary things about today's culture. This story has been posted all over social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, and in a time when so many will likely just read the headline, Oday Aboushi is being unfairly attacked. However, it's the site's right to publish the article. Just like people can go on social media sites and post about gun rights, claim crazy things about Barack Obama, or write just about anything they want. And Oday Aboushi can retweet a picture of a Palestinian woman being evicted without losing his job with the Jets.

in another forum there was a thread of hopeful Jets fans saying things like "he went to catholic school, he's not muslim!"

without getting political, it is possible to disagree with the actions of Israel and not be a deadly terrorist. 

Slowly but surely we sail directly towards the abyss.  bwahahahahahah

I think the government in charge of Israel makes them seem like a huge bag of dicks but that doesn't mean I hate Israel itself or Jews and I don't think having an opinion and a non white name makes you a terrorist but I also think the government is allowed to put me on a list for this post so who knows, lol

This Front Page site and author Joe Kaufman, seem to be zionist extremists who've place together a bunch of articles of how people are terrorist along with a bunch of anti-Muslim story. They even blame someone of having terror lawyers (?). Classless to have went after him as they did.

I think the government in charge of Israel makes them seem like a huge bag of dicks but that doesn't mean I hate Israel itself or Jews and I don't think having an opinion and a non white name makes you a terrorist but I also think the government is allowed to put me on a list for this post so who knows, lol

So like me you hate their regime but not their people? As I hate the Israeli, N. Korean, US, Iraq, Cuba, Russian regime as well. Powerful Gov't can't be trusted and the citizens of their country get the backlash for these things as I can assure you that those places in the Middle East in which the US used military forces against hate our guts. But what can me and you do as it was solely the work of our regime up top. 

This Front Page site and author Joe Kaufman, seem to be zionist extremists who've place together a bunch of articles of how people are terrorist along with a bunch of anti-Muslim story. They even blame someone of having terror lawyers (?). Classless to have went after him as they did.

I like a good circus thread as much as the next guy, but I think the mods would be well advised to close this one

What's so bad about Linda Sarsour? 

This will be my last post in this  thread, but half her family is in prison for being involved with Hamas.  Her husband is being deported for terrorist ties.  She runs a front organization.  Not a good person, for a guy who plays for a NY team to be associated with unless he wants to make a statement.

Play football

Rotfl...

Although Aboushi was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, he proudly refers to himself as a “Palestinian-American.”

Oh no!

Oh I love sh*t like this...I'm not even sure what I think about it beyond some lawlz. 

New York Jets Offensive Tackle Oday Aboushi Targeted by Frontpage Mag

May 21st, 2013 at 8:45 AM

By Donald Lappe

A recent post by Frontpage Mag has targeted New York Jets offensive tackle and 2013 NFL Draft selection Oday Aboushi. Oday Aboushi is accused of leading a double life and supporting terrorism, while the Jets are urged to cut their losses and rid themselves of the young offensive tackle. Of course, such accusations would surely be supported by some kind of legitimate evidence, not a loosely-held together mish-mash of associations and social media posts, right? Um, no.

'Virginia endzone' photo © 2009, Karen Blaha - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

The character assassination of Oday Aboushi is capped off with a call for the New York Jets to get rid of the rookie offensive tackle. Keep that in mind as we review the "evidence" of his extremist views. It's probably also worth keeping in mind that this is America, where people are allowed to speak their minds and hold their own beliefs, controversial or not. Tim Tebow can speak about his Christianity, players can be open about their sexuality and, yes, Oday Aboushi can retweet a picture.

The real meat of the article's attempt to tie Oday Aboushi to extremism is a Twitter conversation between him and Linda Sarsour, as well as two pictures of the two together. The Twitter conversation consists of Sarsour congratulating Oday Aboushi on being drafted by the Jets and teasing him about needing to change his Twitter bio. The pictures are of Oday Aboushi and Linda Sarsour standing together.

Linda Sarsour has posted some very controversial things on her Twitter account about Zionism and the Underwear Bomber. But is that any different than the clowns who posted about Sandy Hook being a hoax? Stupidity is not a crime. Having a friendly conversation with someone who posts dumb things, or taking a picture with that person, isn't a crime either.

As far as any actual postings by Oday Aboushi that "prove" his association with Muslim extremism? A retweeted picture of a woman which the original posts claims is being evicted from her home in Jerusalem by Israeli authorities. Retweeting a picture of what you perceive to be a social injustice now gets you labeled as a terrorist. Aboushi also wrote a tweet about a "beautiful fundraiser" to benefit children in Palestinian refugee camps.

Of course, there was no mention of actual actions made by Oday Aboushi. That's because his actions tell a different story than the twisted narrative the article hopes to push. Back in December, Oday Aboushi joined David Harris to distribute food to victims of Hurricane Sandy on Staten Island. Back in 2011, Oday Aboushi was honored by the White House along with about a dozen other Muslim athletes.

This is one of the scary things about today's culture. This story has been posted all over social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, and in a time when so many will likely just read the headline, Oday Aboushi is being unfairly attacked. However, it's the site's right to publish the article. Just like people can go on social media sites and post about gun rights, claim crazy things about Barack Obama, or write just about anything they want. And Oday Aboushi can retweet a picture of a Palestinian woman being evicted without losing his job with the Jets.

Great article.  It's disgusting that we really have to deal with garbage like the original article this is all based on, which is nothing more than discriminatory conspiracy-theory bullsh*t.

This will be my last post in this  thread, but half her family is in prison for being involved with Hamas.  Her husband is being deported for terrorist ties.  She runs a front organization.  Not a good person, for a guy who plays for a NY team to be associated with unless he wants to make a statement.

Play football

Booooooooooooo. 

Archived