Mike Goodson’s lawyer says driver claimed ownership of gun

SayNoToDMC

Mike Goodson’s lawyer says driver claimed ownership of gun

Posted by Josh Alper on June 7, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT

300x-81.jpg?w=250AP

Among the five charges Jets running back Mike Goodson
faces as a result of his May arrest in New Jersey are three charges
having to do with unlawful possession of a gun and ammunition.

Shortly after Goodson’s arrest, his lawyer Anthony Fusco said that the gun
found in a car that Goodson was a passenger in when police found it
stopped on an interstate belonged to the driver and not Goodson.
According to Fusco, the driver agrees with that.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports that Fusco said Friday
that reports he’s received as part of the discovery process ahead of any
court proceedings indicate that Garant Evans claimed ownership of the firearm when he spoke to police immediately after the arrest. Evans’ attorney could not be reached for comment.

If the gun charges against Goodson are dropped, he might still face
league discipline for two drug charges but it would likely lessen the
chances that he’d be dropped by the Jets as a result of the arrest. He
has been participating in the team’s voluntary workouts, although he
missed Wednesday’s session, which was open to the media, with what the
team called an illness.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/mike-goodsons-lawyer-says-driver-claimed-ownership-of-gun/

Good news! Mikes going to have to work real hard to make the roster. He probably owes this guy some hush money, don't want to come up short paying a dude with unlicensed firearms and hollow points

Well, it was Goodson's lawyer who said this, so you have to take that into consideration before believing it.

However, it could well be true.  Garant Evans was the one who was just out of jail a few months.  Goodson has a clean criminal record.  If I had to guess, I would think that there was a much better chance that the gun did belong to Evans, not Goodson.

Ok looking a lot better for Goodson, think he may miss a few games.

Is there a standard operating procedure for substance abuse?  First vs Second time offenders, type of drug, etc?  Because thats all they'd have right?  Dudes get arrested all the time and dont miss games.  Like Braylon.

and I'm sure the paper trail will back this up with his legal purchase and registration

or

goodson paid him 5 grand

we all know the truth

Evans is going to do some serious time...legal fees and a bit more than 5 grand Im guessing...

But I hope he gets up front cash money, Goodson doesnt have the best track record moneywise, lol

It good news for the Jets and the GM, at least Goodson was smart not to be driving drunk , I have say one good thing he has done

How many points do you get on an IQ test for being throw up on yourself drunk, in the passenger seat of a car stopped in the left lane, 2 feet away from an unlicensed gun with hollow point bullets about a week after signing a multimillion dollar contract? I hope it's a lot, we could use some more smarts on a team where Cro is the fiscally responsible one

:lololol:

Love the way this thread is going-like it's understood that Goodson paid Evans off.

Goodson has a clean criminal record.  Garant Evans was in the state pen just a few months ago.  When the two were arrested, Goodson's bond was  ⅓ Evans'.

Why was that?

According to court records, Evans is not permitted to have a weapon
because he previously was convicted in Union County for possession of
drugs with intent to distribute.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/05/22/mike-goodson-pleads-not-guilty/2350745/

Goodson was in a drug dealer's car to get a little pot, (actually a marijuana cigar, which the drug dealer kept in a Dutch Masters box), and got caught.

Who is more likely to have the gun with the dum dum bullet in the glove compartment?

Love the way this thread is going-like it's understood that Goodson paid Evans off.

Goodson has a clean criminal record.  Garant Evans was in the state pen just a few months ago.  When the two were arrested, Goodson's bond was  ⅓ Evans'.

Why was that?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/05/22/mike-goodson-pleads-not-guilty/2350745/

Goodson was in a drug dealer's car to get a little pot, (actually a marijuana cigar, which the drug dealer kept in a Dutch Masters box), and got caught.

Who is more likely to have the gun with the dum dum bullet in the glove compartment?

I've got drugs before, I might even consider myself a connoisseur. This wasn't a meth a deal gone bad. Getting a marijuana cigar usually doesn't require you to get drunk to the point you've vomited on yourself in the passenger side of a car stopped in the left lane of a highway.

I wasn't there, I don't know who had the gun

but no matter what, he is a moron.

letting this scrub get away with it showed weakness in idzik.  yeah I know parcells said players are not equal when LT was a coke fiend, but this is a total bottom floor rebuild of a team fighting a circus image problem and what the hell has goodson ever done to deserve special treatment ?

every day he is on this team is a black eye for idzy

hard to believe, the whole east coast is communist. a felony charge for hollow point ammunition. if it hits flesh, some serious damage can occur. the nj state govt needs 2 realize that criminals are actually doing the police a favor by loading hp's into their magazines as hp bullets do not fare well against barriers i.e. bullet resistant vests, vehicle bodies/glass.

Why was that?

a marijuana cigar? lol. i wouldn't be bit surprised to learn they all habitually smoke marijuana cigars.,....reefers!!

they are called blunts. i dont think i've ever heard someone call them marijuana cigars.......this post is so square it should be removed :biggrin:

although i do agree with the premise that its completely believable that goodson's only crime was being drunk and really stupid for trying to get some weed

I've got drugs before, I might even consider myself a connoisseur. This wasn't a meth a deal gone bad. Getting a marijuana cigar usually doesn't require you to get drunk to the point you've vomited on yourself in the passenger side of a car stopped in the left lane of a highway.

true but getting throw up all yourself drunk could definitely be a precursor to doing something so monumentally stupid

Well this has been educational.  My weed days ended before people started talking about blunts.  From the context I just figured they were either just large joints or something like Bob Marley style: small, (sharp) on one end, large, (blunt) on the other.

post-8744-0-48986200-1370890613_thumb.jp

Archived