Premature offense/QB complaints by the usual subjects (merged)

Matt39

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is he is not throwing "on time".

He waits until receivers are open before he throws the ball instead of recognizing open windows and throwing to a spot in the window that his receivers will get to.

He holds the ball waaaay too long.

Sometimes that comes with reps, sometimes it doesn't.

Anytime you say Geno or Idzik sucks around here you get attacked. It wears on your nerves a little. Especially when both arguments are legit.

Because saying Geno sucks after being 1-1 and losing his 2nd game ever to the PATS 13-10 is stupid man. It doesnt make any sense. 

Geno's arm, like we saw in the preseason..its not good. There's absolutely nothing on his deep throws. No juice, nothing...they die.

The WR's are atrocious. Weapinz dont matter derp derp derp....but, shit man...turn on a Packers, Bears, Niners game...and those dudes zip it. Geno's arm looked CHad like on anything over 20 yards.

Terrible post Matt.  There are plenty of things you can knock Geno for.  Arm strength is not one of him.

Have you ever seen him practice?  He has a very strong arm.  You are totally incorrect here.

He threw late and missed receivers in the BUCS game.  He is Geno tap, tap, Smith.  Doesn't mean his future is doomed.  Just means this offense is in a world of sh*t for the next ten to fifteen games.  And then, maybe, the future is doomed.  I know football.  I do.  And I know mechanics.  I've studied and coached every damned position (except WR) and could have told you the kid was no where near a starting caliber QB from day one.  But I got cornholed when I mentioned it.  And now, here he is, screwing the pooch exactly how I described.  This can only mean I am super-awesome.  And super idiotic for the money I've spent on PSLs and season tix.  What evs.  My wife's boobs are big and I make a decent salary.  Who am I to complain?

Anytime you say Geno or Idzik sucks around here you get attacked. It wears on your nerves a little. Especially when both arguments are legit.

I think it's a little early to come to that conclusion on either guy, and that's coming from someone who's been critical of both.

Terrible post Matt.  There are plenty of things you can knock Geno for.  Arm strength is not one of him.

Have you ever seen him practice?  He has a very strong arm.  You are totally incorrect here.

I've seen him practice. Seen him live against the Giants and tv tonight. His arm leaves a lot to be desired on passes over 20 yards. They all die in the air and leave an open WR coming back on the ball.

Let's keep the personal attacks to zero. I'm tired in general, more tired of removing posts in this thread.

Slats -- thank you!

If people can't get along and we need to get more aggressive with the bannings, you have my support.

The problem is he is not throwing "on time".

He waits until receivers are open before he throws the ball instead of recognizing open windows and throwing to a spot in the window that his receivers will get to.

He holds the ball waaaay too long.

Sometimes that comes with reps, sometimes it doesn't.

^ this...

Yep, that I can agree on. Which is pretty normal for a rookie in week 2 on a short week in the rain at Foxboro, in Primetime, with the worst group of Receivers in the NFL. 

He also had some major money throws. 

Excuses are like assh0les.....

None of those reasons are acceptable.  He should demand more of himself.  Hopefully he gets better.

Sanchez sucks. Its not about Geno vs Sanchez

Right but what I'm saying is what Sanchez didn't have, it looks like Geno's got it, as far as the right character/make up to play QB. It will remain to be seen at this point. We don't know. We'll have to wait and see. Like maybe a season. Maybe you could stop burying him with nonsense.

I think it's a little early to come to that conclusion on either guy, and that's coming from someone who's been critical of both.

Not to mention, the individuals in question started their respective ramblings long before there was even a single shred of evidence to support their positions.  Even if both turn out to be awful, it won't change the fact that the prior conclusions were baseless and thus, absolutely no credit of any kind is deserved nor will be given.  Being so excited to celebrate the failures of the Jets shows why they are everything a fan shouldn't be.  So yeah, go figure that they're going to catch a lot of grief for it.

Not to mention, the individuals in question started their respective ramblings long before there was even a single shred of evidence to support their positions.  Even if both turn out to be awful, it won't change the fact that the prior conclusions were baseless and thus, absolutely no credit of any kind is deserved nor will be given.  Being so excited to celebrate the failures of the Jets shows why they are everything a fan shouldn't be.  So yeah, go figure that they're going to catch a lot of grief for it.

This post can have been made with one sentence. You do a fantastic job of writing blocks of sh*t without saying anything. 

Idk, I'm starting to slide Colon, Spadola and Gates over to the "what are these guy doing on my roster?" side of the board. That list is getting pretty big.

When he threw a bullet to Hill who fumbles the first drive. Or the bullet in Gates stomach for a TD? Or the seam route that went through his hands?

lol the people who want to blame Geno are going to do so regardless. There seems to be no arguing with them. They're waiting for the Jets to get the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning and theyre gonna be waiting a LOOOOOOOOOONG TIIIIIIIIME. 

Receivers have to catch balls that hit their hands, arms, or chest. 

Archived