Clyde Gates

bmd71

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Idzik  doesn't cut Gates then we need to start questioning him as a GM.

It is not Idzik's decision to make. That is a COACHES decision. The roster belongs to the HC and NO ONE else. The GM will of course, evaluate Rex's decision of keeping Gates or not, but the roster moves are the province of the head buffoon in this case.

I remember it well.

Here, I found it.  About halfway down the page:

http://www.jetnation.com/2006/06/21/rich-cimini-chat-transcript-062106/

[smizzy] 8:40 pm: Is this the yr J.Cotchery becomes a household name? Or are my expectations to high? 

[RichCimini] 8:41 pm: Household name? Maybe in the Cotchery household. I like JC, think he’s got some talent, but he doesn’t have the separation speed to be a No.1-type guy. The Jets would be very happy if he develops into a solid No. 3.

Cimini said a lot of things like that, that ended up just flat-out wrong.  Predicted the likely ceiling of the '06 team being 6-10 with 8-8 being like some kind of miracle because they didn't have the talent (sounds eerily familiar).  They went on to finish 10-6.  The other strange thing he said that stuck out was his last line.

[RichCimini] 9:03 pm: Gotta run, folks. Great questions, as usual. You fans are great, This is still the best Jets website.

What a dumbass.  Everyone knows Jets fans suck.  Also this is like the 6th or 7th-best Jets website.  Back then it was probably 3rd, but there were only 4 out there at the time.  Other than the team's official website there was only JetNation.com, ************.com and ***********.com. 

This is awesome!

We need to improve this WR corps here and now. Josh Cribbs,Braylon Edwards,Jordan Shipley we cant continue with the current group it wont help Geno Smith develop.

I just don't understand the rationale that guys on the street, who no other team in the league wants, are going to suddenly change our offense around.  Shipley has amassed 250 yards in the last two seasons, Edwards hasn't broken 200 yards in a season since we cut him 3 years ago and Cribbs' knee is garbage.  The guys on our team are more talented, best thing you can do is just hope they can figure it out.

lol Dick Cimini use to post here? Sorry I missed it.

We used to do live Q&A chats with beat reporters now & then.  They were actually a lot of fun.

I think it would be cool to do again.  I'll get right on seeing when Manish Mehta has an hour of free time.  I'm sure I can expect everyone here to treat him with respect.

We used to do live Q&A chats with beat reporters now & then.  They were actually a lot of fun.

I think it would be cool to do again.  I'll get right on seeing when Manish Mehta has an hour of free time.  I'm sure I can expect everyone here to treat him with respect.

Sounds awesome!! I want in!

Oh, absolutely. We will be absolute cordial gentlemen. 

I'm sure Mehta is just dying to hear Jets fans here sound off until the chat's climax when pointman sweeps the leg.

Idzik: Hey Bruce, I have a request from Jetnation for press passes. Whatya think? 

Speight: I know your new here and all John but really? Jetnation? You nuts? The cops will be here every other week you let those guys in.

Archived