Dashon Goldson suspended

Kleckineau

He took a few cheap shots during the Bucs / Jets game. 

He is going to permanently hurt someone with these continued illegal hits.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bucs-goldson-suspended-1-game-221919078--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KLOzGaazhSzzwARktNbK5_

Hard-hitting Tampa Bay safety Dashon Goldson has been suspended for one game for flagrant and repeat violations of NFL safety rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players.

Goldson was penalized for unnecessary roughness in the second quarter of Sunday's game against New Orleans for making direct, helmet-to-helmet contact with a defenseless receiver, Darren Sproles.

Sad players get suspended for playing football the way it's meant to be played.

When you watch college on Saturday you see 100 plays where NFL players would be fined and the college players arent even getting a flag.

o thought that true too until I think it was AM/Alabama...I think. May be messing the game up but if the safety had a PF he was getting kicked out the game. There was a review to overturn the safety getting thrown out but he still got the 15 yard penalty. It wa weird, never seen it before but apparently they changed the college rules now too to reflect the player safety issue. The game has completely changed for players in the secondary. Really don't know what safeties are suppose to do anymore on passes over the middle.

• 1 month later...

Sad players get suspended for playing football the way it's meant to be played.

When you watch college on Saturday you see 100 plays where NFL players would be fined and the college players arent even getting a flag.

sad? hardly. what is it with people getting butthurt over what they perceive as the pussification of professional football. they bitch and complain like pseudo tough guys about how they might as well turn tyhe league to flag football. do you even realize how many retired players deal with serious neurological issues from brain injuries sustained while playing? you wanna be tough go train in mma and fight in tournaments......i for one think the league shoudl be doing EVERYTHING it can to protect the players from having permanent neurological problems stemming from trauma sustained while playing the game.

sad? hardly. what is it with people getting butthurt over what they perceive as the pussification of professional football. they bitch and complain like pseudo tough guys about how they might as well turn tyhe league to flag football. do you even realize how many retired players deal with serious neurological issues from brain injuries sustained while playing? you wanna be tough go train in mma and fight in tournaments......i for one think the league shoudl be doing EVERYTHING it can to protect the players from having permanent neurological problems stemming from trauma sustained while playing the game.

I have trained in mma as well as free style wrestling and rugby. And a lot of people get hurt at work and they don't make millions of dollars. And yes people are allowed to bitch about their favorite sport being ruined.

The players don't have to play pro football they can do something else.

And if you read my post I compared it to NCAA because they still hit and play for the time being.

This country us turning into a bunch of whiny ass pussies.

Nobody is forcing them to play for millions of dollars and nobody is crying for people working dangerous jobs pulling down low 5 figures. Most of the new rules are stupid. Ask Dustin Keller what he thinks of the emphasis on hitting low

Nobody is forcing them to play for millions of dollars and nobody is crying for people working dangerous jobs pulling down low 5 figures. Most of the new rules are stupid. Ask Dustin Keller what he thinks of the emphasis on hitting low

so because they make millions of dollars that means they shouldn't be trying to reduce the prevalence of traumatic brain injuries in the sport? not doing anyting about it is what would be stupid.

I have trained in mma as well as free style wrestling and rugby. And a lot of people get hurt at work and they don't make millions of dollars. And yes people are allowed to bitch about their favorite sport being ruined.

The players don't have to play pro football they can do something else.

And if you read my post I compared it to NCAA because they still hit and play for the time being.

This country us turning into a bunch of whiny ass pussies.

move to a tougher country

so because they make millions of dollars that means they shouldn't be trying to reduce the prevalence of traumatic brain injuries in the sport? not doing anyting about it is what would be stupid.

They should also stop punching each other in the head in boxing/MMA but than the sport might suck. NFL also doesn't give a sh*t about concussions or player health. They care about litigation

"How do they expect me to drive my Bugatti around when I'm dealing with light sensitivity? I'm not an animal!"

i still enjoy it alot. the only thing that really tempers my enjoyment is the jets playing like crap too often

You enjoy all the changes they've made? Cool. I was wondering who was glad kickoffs are gone, QB's can't be touched and the rules have watered down the ability to play defense to the point we can see some totally awesome 100 point games. I liked football the way it was

You enjoy all the changes they've made? Cool. I was wondering who was glad kickoffs are gone, QB's can't be touched and the rules have watered down the ability to play defense so we can see some totally awesome 100 point games. I liked football the way it was

i would like to see them possibly move the kickoff back 2 1/2 yards so we see less touchbacks. the change they made turned out to be too drastic. i didn't say i liked all the rules. but any rules that are made to protect the players from concussions and other serious injuries i think are warranted. the catch-22 about football is that the equipment they wear to protect themselves gives them the ability to lauch themselves and hit that much harder. sometimes i wonder if the number of injuries would go down just by limiting some of the protective equipment that allows the players to hit that much harder.

Archived