REX needs to have respect for the team.

00tonytone_8809

IF GENO keeps turning the ball over. he needs to make a change. even if its trying out Joe Shmo at QB. Give the rest of the team a chance to win.

That BS that the WR have to do a better job is ridiculous . Geno's passes are gonna get a WR killed. it only got 2 WR hurt this week, but eventually somebody is gonna get killed.

Keep Geno as starter. He's a rookie for goodness sake. Give him time to progress. He's way better then Mark Sanchez. Matt Simms wouldn't be much better.

There has been too many switches at quarterback in the past 11 seasons for the Jets starting with Pennington. Stop the revolving door of QBs. Geno will do well.

Remember he is a rookie

This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB.  This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB.

Geno Smith has turned over the ball multiple times in every game.  They are 2-2 despite this fact not because of Geno's great QB'ing.

It was Geno's great pass to Santonio that WON the Buffalo game. Kid has done some good things, but has to learn to throw the ball away when nothing is there. It was Geno forcing the ball in to Smith that caused him to get rocked by the blocker.

This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB.  This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB. This is a rebuilding year w/a rookie QB.

Jets fans are like all others win a couple of games and we think we can win the Super bowl- this team had and continues to have flaws the rookie QB one of them. Can he learn to get better -that is the question that must be answered. Many skeptics including me for him to show

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

Just in the last two weeks the Jets opponents have started drives at the  Jets 13,18, 21, 26, and of course the "around the Butt fumble" for a TD.

Against the Bills Rex's D stood up and stone walled them.  Not so much yesterday.  Are they getting frustrated?  Could be.  if he throws up another stinker in Atlanta, time for a change.  This wasn't just one bad game it's 4.  He got a pass on the Bills game cause he make some nice throws, and they won.   Still turned the ball over twice.  if the new Schmo still sucks, they can always go back to Smith

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

Just in the last two weeks the Jets opponents have started drives at the  Jets 13,18, 21, 26, and of course the "around the Butt fumble" for a TD.

Against the Bills Rex's D stood up and stone walled them.  Not so much yesterday.  Are they getting frustrated?  Could be.  if he throws up another stinker in Atlanta, time for a change.  This wasn't just one bad game it's 4.  He got a pass on the Bills game cause he make some nice throws, and they won.   Still turned the ball over twice.  if the new Schmo still sucks, they can always go back to Smith

He got a pass in the Bills game because we came down with a couple bombs. Teams taking away the deep pass, he's struggling.

Although Marty is asking Geno to do way too much now. I dont know if he's been given permission to let Geno do everything a veteran QB would do or what, but it'd probably be wise to slow it down a bit if we're concerned about winning games this year(maybe we're not, IDK)

funny, today I was saying he has lost respect from the team

they are acting like 3rd graders with a substitute teacher

1st year GM with lame duck HC

idzik should have cut goodson, and rex needs to bench a QB already. 

geno needs to learn playing sandlot football doesn't cut it in the NFL

yes I'm saying play simms

not to make a permanent change, but to send a clear message to these bozos that they have to focus and produce or playing time gets taken away

If Geno has another 4 turnover game this week on national TV, he wont start Week 6. This is his bounce back opportunity, under the lights. We'll see how he responds.

If its a back peddle, fumble fest- I think you can go get him now.

If Geno has another 4 turnover game this week on national TV, he wont start Week 6. This is his bounce back opportunity, under the lights. We'll see how he responds.

If its a back peddle, fumble fest- I think you can go get him now.

I'd agree with this. If the Atlanta game goes bad (they opened as a ten point dog, and that was before Hill and Holmes get declared out), it will be in everybody's best interest to put Geno on ice for a few weeks. They're going into a brutal stretch anyway, and Geno is showing signs of being figured out. Gregg Williams is a big-time DC, and he took Geno to school. Mike Smith will do the same, and then they get Rob Ryan. The Jets will be underdogs in the next seven games, and they'll be lucky to go 3-4 regardless of who's starting. However, let's not act like Geno is the sole cause of the Jets struggles. The defense, despite the stats, has been so-so, and the OL is a sieve. We all know that the skill positions are manned by detritus, and the team as a whole has been pushed around when it counts. The Titans beat the sh*t out of the Jets physically.

He got a pass in the Bills game because we came down with a couple bombs. Teams taking away the deep pass, he's struggling.

Although Marty is asking Geno to do way too much now. I dont know if he's been given permission to let Geno do everything a veteran QB would do or what, but it'd probably be wise to slow it down a bit if we're concerned about winning games this year(maybe we're not, IDK)

The reality of the situation is, if Idzik starts to feel that Rex isn't going to be his coach next year, he has to start thinking about preserving Geno for the next coach.

Tennessee didn't exactly scheme to take away the deep pass, they knocked out stephen hill on the second play of the game.  People might not want to see it, but the two games where one of Hill, Holmes or Kerley goes out, our offense has struggled.  Yes, obviously Geno struggled with ball security, but not having those guys to throw to hurts.  If he bounces back in prime-time against the Falcons, in Atlanta, that should buy him some well deserved breathing room.

Tennessee didn't exactly scheme to take away the deep pass, they knocked out stephen hill on the second play of the game.  People might not want to see it, but the two games where one of Hill, Holmes or Kerley goes out, our offense has struggled.  Yes, obviously Geno struggled with ball security, but not having those guys to throw to hurts.  If he bounces back in prime-time against the Falcons, in Atlanta, that should buy him some well deserved breathing room.

If Hill and Holmes are both out, there is zero chance Geno has a bounce back game. Starting someone else(even Quinn) would probably serve us best, because he's comfortable under center, as sad as that sounds. We're not beating Atlanta with Geno in the gun throwing to Gates and Kerley. That will be a gif filled nightmare on national television. We've had enough of those. You do your best to make it an ugly game, run the ball and force a couple of turnovers.

The reality of the situation is, if Idzik starts to feel that Rex isn't going to be his coach next year, he has to start thinking about preserving Geno for the next coach.

rex gets fired

new HC

new HC drafts his QB in 14 with idzy

QB competition part deux

I think we'll all be changing our minds on this on a weekly basis. Im sure Idzik is too.

If Hill and Holmes are both out, there is zero chance Geno has a bounce back game. Starting someone else(even Quinn) would probably serve us best, because he's comfortable under center, as sad as that sounds. We're not beating Atlanta with Geno in the gun throwing to Gates and Kerley. That will be a gif filled nightmare on national television. We've had enough of those. You do your best to make it an ugly game, run the ball and force a couple of turnovers.

I have no delusions of grandeur of a win, I'm saying it'd be nice to see him bounce back and play well.  That's still a possibility for us: Geno plays well, shows some improvement and yet we lose.  I'd rather have that happen then trott out captain met-rx and have him lose us a game by three or seven points. 

If they are not concerned about winning games this year they should be refunding the money they have collected

I think we'll all be changing our minds on this on a weekly basis. Im sure Idzik is too.

Idzik doesn't strike me as much of a vacillator. Whatever percent chance Idzik initially may have given Rex of coming back that number is lower today after the first quarter of the season.

he should've thought about that when he neglected to bring in a legitimate vet... idzik screwed up big

If they are not concerned about winning games this year they should be refunding the money they have collected

I dont know if theyre more concerned about letting Geno take his lumps throwing every down or doing what's best to try and win(winning ugly and running the ball)

he should've thought about that when he neglected to bring in a legitimate vet... idzik screwed up big

He had Garrard and he had Sanchez. Garrard walked away and Sanchez got blown up by a Giant in the fourth quarter of a preseason game. I don't see how this falls on Idzik.

I dont know if theyre more concerned about letting Geno take his lumps throwing every down or doing what's best to try and win(winning ugly and running the ball)

I don't see why they can't do both and it seemed like they were trying to do that, but Geno put us in an early hole and any run game we had kind of went out the window after that.

Something that I was completely unaware of: Bilal is tied for the AFC lead at 292 yards (4.4 a clip + 110 yards on 11 receptions), while looking pretty darn good.  He's always falling forward, makes the first guy miss, is great in run-support and can catch out of the backfield.  He's showed me a lot more this year than I thought he was capable of. 

I'm not sure I understand where this "their throwing every down" thing is coming from.   Last week I think they ran the ball 41 times and threw it 29.

This week they threw it 34 and ran it 23 I think.  The reason for the imbalance this week is that they were down by 18 points at the half.  traditionally most teams throw the ball a lot once they get 14+ points down,

I'm not sure I understand where this "their throwing every down" thing is coming from.   Last week I think they ran the ball 41 times and threw it 29.

This week they threw it 34 and ran it 23 I think.  The reason for the imbalance this week is that they were down by 18 points at the half.  traditionally most teams throw the ball a lot once they get 14+ points down,

Geno threw a pick on his first pass of the game. Down two scores, still run the ball with this QB. The strength of the team is the defense. Powell is playing well, feed him. Geno should be throwing the ball 25 times a game max. If were down by 3+ scores, the game is over anyways.

Brady Quinn had 2 TD and 8 INT last year with just 5 YPP and he had Dexter Mcluster and Dwayne Bowe at WR plus Jamal Charles out of the backfield. If Geno has those weapon we would had been 4-0.  

Archived