Why all the Sanchez hate

BigOrangeJetFan

Jets would be 0-4 right now if Sanchez started the season.  Maybe even 0-5, heading into the Atlanta game.

I doubt it.  Geno has played like Sanchez for most of this season.  The only difference is he's a rookie, so you hope he gets better. Sanchez just stinks at this point.

But Geno has 11 turnovers in 4 games.   He's had 4 TDs and one was in garbage time.    THey won the Bucs game because the Bucs suck and they got called for a stupid penalty to put them into position to make a long FG.       Like it or not,  the Jets with Sanchez or Geno are not a very good team.  And Geno has proven so far that he's a rookie who isn't better than Sanchez.   It's kind of why he wasn't winning the starting job in the first place.   Will he get better? Who knows.  Sanchez will still suck today or tomorrow or next year.  That's the only difference.   Give it a year and if Geno hasn't improved, then Geno is similar to Sanchez.

I doubt it.  Geno has played like Sanchez for most of this season.  The only difference is he's a rookie, so you hope he gets better. Sanchez just stinks at this point.

But Geno has 11 turnovers in 4 games.   He's had 4 TDs and one was in garbage time.    THey won the Bucs game because the Bucs suck and they got called for a stupid penalty to put them into position to make a long FG.       Like it or not,  the Jets with Sanchez or Geno are not a very good team.  And Geno has proven so far that he's a rookie who isn't better than Sanchez.   It's kind of why he wasn't winning the starting job in the first place.   Will he get better? Who knows.  Sanchez will still suck today or tomorrow or next year.  That's the only difference.   Give it a year and if Geno hasn't improved, then Geno is similar to Sanchez.

You're kidding.

Jets would be 0-4 right now if Sanchez started the season.  Maybe even 0-5, heading into the Atlanta game.

Man, you really love Geno. Sanchez is horrid, but your love for Geno is making it seem like he has not been horrid, which he has. Granted, Geno is a rookie and its excusable and expected.

I don't think there is a bigger Geno lover on this board then you.

Man, you really love Geno. Sanchez is horrid, but your love for Geno is making it seem like he has not been horrid, which he has. Granted, Geno is a rookie and its excusable and expected.

This is the only reasonable conclusion, as far as I can see.

Sperm? Rebuttal?

Seriously?

I neither love nor hate Geno Smith.  I just want to see more than 4 games of him before we cut the cord.  

That, and Sanchez is a far worse QB than people realize.  Everyone assumes that the handful of good plays here & there from Smith would automatically transfer to Sanchez, PLUS even better play at other times.  This is an imaginary dream.  With this line play and these receivers - dropping so many that Smith actually manages to throw on target - Sanchez likely would have a 48% completion percentage overall and at least 3 pick-6's (plus 1 or 2 fumble-6's).

We'd be 0-4, with the league penalizing us an unprecedented extra loss for the team having the temerity to put this sorry, girl-headband-wearing fool back onto the field for a 5th season.

Seriously?

I neither love nor hate Geno Smith.  I just want to see more than 4 games of him before we cut the cord.  

That, and Sanchez is a far worse QB than people realize.  Everyone assumes that the handful of good plays here & there from Smith would automatically transfer to Sanchez, PLUS even better play at other times.  This is an imaginary dream.  With this line play and these receivers - dropping so many that Smith actually manages to throw on target - Sanchez likely would have a 48% completion percentage overall and at least 3 pick-6's (plus 1 or 2 fumble-6's).

We'd be 0-4, with the league penalizing us an unprecedented extra loss for the team having the temerity to put this sorry, girl-headband-wearing fool back onto the field for a 5th season.

Man, you really LOVE him.

I am so happy that Sanchez is no longer our QB, but you are making some huge leaps in Smith's favor from what I have seen (and what the stats say) in the first 4 games, based on your man love for him. Of course we need to see more than 4 games before making any judgement whatsoever, but your leaps are love based, not reality based.

Man, you really LOVE him.

I am so happy that Sanchez is no longer our QB, but you are making some huge leaps in Smith's favor from what I have seen (and what the stats say) in the first 4 games, based on your man love for him. Of course we need to see more than 4 games before making any judgement whatsoever, but your leaps are love based, not reality based.

Thru four weeks of an NFL career, Geno has as many 300 yard games as Sanchez managed in his first two seasons. He has a higher career completion percentage, which also higher than any Sanchez season. He's averaging 8.0 ypa, which dwarfs Sanchez's career 6.5 number. Really, Sanchez hasn't had many games where he averaged over 8 ypa.

I don't love Geno at all, but the early comparisons to Sanchez are practically all in his favor.

Thru four weeks of an NFL career, Geno has as many 300 yard games as Sanchez managed in his first two seasons. He has a higher career completion percentage, which also higher than any Sanchez season. He's averaging 8.0 ypa, which dwarfs Sanchez's career 6.5 number. Really, Sanchez hasn't had many games where he averaged over 8 ypa.

I don't love Geno at all, but the early comparisons to Sanchez are practically all in his favor.

Sanchez never had the OC quality Geno has been blessed with either.

The last thing I want to do is defend a player I cannot stand, particularly against a player I like and want to root for. Not to mention, 4 games is nothing, I think Ryan Leaf looked acceptable during his first 4 weeks. I was responding to a post that said with Sanchez we would be 0-4 vs 2-2. When you look at the fact that Geno has accounted for a Sanchezian like TD/Turnover ratio in those same 4 games, it says that statement is based on that posters man love for Geno, not reality. I personally think Geno is going to be good, and I would much rather see Geno in there than Sanchez, but that does not mean we should throw all logic and reason out the window.  I also am of the opinion that Marty Morningwood is 1000x the OC that Schithead or Spamoron were, and even sh*tchez would have had better numbers than his prior years just do to the scheme alone.

Sanchez never had the OC quality Geno has been blessed with either.

Stupid Schottenheimer.  I'll never forgive him for calling all those plays that told Sanchez to fumble and throw pick-6's and interceptions to defensive linemen (among others) after staring down his receivers to the point he might as well have ordered a neon sign to say where he was throwing it.

Agree with you completely.  It was totally Schottenheimer's fault that we are the only team in history (that I'm aware of) to lose a game with over 320 rushing yards from our RBs (and the defense holding the other team to 13 points no matter how many times Sanchez put them back out there).  If we had a real OC we wouldn't have let Sanchez throw it at all.

Worst QB in NFL history. 10x worse than Ryan Leaf.  Leaf, at least, had the positive trait of fizzling out immediately instead of slow-peeling off the band-aid like Sanchez did. 

Stupid Schottenheimer.  I'll never forgive him for calling all those plays that told Sanchez to fumble and throw pick-6's and interceptions to defensive linemen (among others) after staring down his receivers to the point he might as well have ordered a neon sign to say where he was throwing it.

Agree with you completely.  It was totally Schottenheimer's fault that we are the only team in history (that I'm aware of) to lose a game with over 320 rushing yards from our RBs (and the defense holding the other team to 13 points no matter how many times Sanchez put them back out there).  If we had a real OC we wouldn't have let Sanchez throw it at all.

Worst QB in NFL history. 10x worse than Ryan Leaf.  Leaf, at least, had the positive trait of fizzling out immediately instead of slow-peeling off the band-aid like Sanchez did. 

I was at that friggin' game, and I will never forgive Sanchez for it.

Archived