Playcalling

jay_psg

so just to summarize, he tried to throw it out of bounds, but didn't make it out of bounds. This is the reason for hope? how hard is it to throw a ball out of bounds. We know he can do it, cause he did it a bunch that game. Excuses, excuses. 

Weren't you the guy that was telling us Sanchez was "coming on" during the middle of last season?

Geno had a bad game and Mornhinweg was protecting him.  The more they try to go downfield the more exposed he will be. 

Disagree the play calling was terrible. There were no quick slants and there was only 1 pass downfield to Hill which almost worked. MM needs to open things up a bit and get first downs to keep the defense fresh and score some damn points.

Disagree the play calling was terrible. There were no quick slants and there was only 1 pass downfield to Hill which almost worked. MM needs to open things up a bit and get first downs to keep the defense fresh and score some damn points.

LOL. I remember after week 2, and everyone was yelling about running the ball more.

so just to summarize, he tried to throw it out of bounds, but didn't make it out of bounds. This is the reason for hope? how hard is it to throw a ball out of bounds. We know he can do it, cause he did it a bunch that game. Excuses, excuses. 

He tried to throw it away, whether or not that meant out of bounds or just to the sidelines where only Reuland could make a play/break it up is determined by Geno, I'm not about to pretend I know what someone's thinking. Actually, the fact that he's shown the ability to throw the ball away and make smart decisions is a reason for hope; however, since I never stated that about that play, you can continue to argue amongst yourself on the positive/negative merits of his turnovers.

Apparently it's quite hard to throw the ball out of bounds, as the kid you defended for four years could never do it (cue, argument that just because he's better than sanchez doesn't mean he's good argument)

The reasons for being positive are obvious; strong arm, has shown the ability to be accurate, has made plays down field as displayed by his top 10 Y/A in the league and the fact that he's put together some fantastic drives with the game on the line is a definite sign for hope (cue cliche saying about crapping in one hand and hoping in another).  Now, you can continue to troll and be negative and only show up when things are going bad or you can go back to just being a reasonably objective fan and stop contributing to the degeneration of this board.

Wow!  The offensive coordinator needs to get first downs?  Earth shattering idea.  Why don't more coordinators do that? 

After watching Steelers game, I believe Marty M and Rex should go to the more aggressive style of play calling. Get rid of the wild cat and read-option plays. They are turning out to be very unproductive unless you run any kind of gimmick play out of those.

Get the ball down the field, some how, some way get a LEAD. Then win the 'Time of Possession' game. Put Brady under pressure. Thats the only way to beat patriots. Remember the 2 times we beat them in Rex's tenure he had a lead early.

We need to win the time of possession game but we need 1st downs for that and a whole bunch of them. Without the passing game i dont see how you can run effectively.

Agreed... But is up with the QB run plays? Garbage plays. Geno is not a running qb. He only runs when nothing is available and doesn't do that bad of a job scrambling.

He needs to call plays to get the first downs.  Why do you feel the need to act like an ass when discussing Jets football?

Because that is one of the siliest comments I have ever seen.  If only our team could score more points than the other team they would win more games!  Geno played pretty poorly.  Even in the Falcons game they were protecting him by running a bunch of wild cat and read option type stuff.  Geno is raw and while it is best that they aren't just having him drop back and let it rip 50 times a game, I am glad they aren't treating him with the same kind of kid's gloves Sanchez got.  

The plays didn't work.  Nobody is disputing that, but calling for more bombs because one *almost worked* isn't exactly a great recipe for moving the chains.

He tried to throw it away, whether or not that meant out of bounds or just to the sidelines where only Reuland could make a play/break it up is determined by Geno, I'm not about to pretend I know what someone's thinking. Actually, the fact that he's shown the ability to throw the ball away and make smart decisions is a reason for hope; however, since I never stated that about that play, you can continue to argue amongst yourself on the positive/negative merits of his turnovers.

Apparently it's quite hard to throw the ball out of bounds, as the kid you defended for four years could never do it (cue, argument that just because he's better than sanchez doesn't mean he's good argument)

The reasons for being positive are obvious; strong arm, has shown the ability to be accurate, has made plays down field as displayed by his top 10 Y/A in the league and the fact that he's put together some fantastic drives with the game on the line is a definite sign for hope (cue cliche saying about crapping in one hand and hoping in another). Now, you can continue to troll and be negative and only show up when things are going bad or you can go back to just being a reasonably objective fan and stop contributing to the degeneration of this board.

I have one simple request that should improve Geno's play dramatically- better pocket presence. Stay light on the feet with little hops constantly shifting, and instead of taking 6 steps back, move 1.5 up and let your line block for you.

Defenders of a struggling Qb tend to blame the OC.  It's not like we have never seen that before.

Btw did you all notice how Bradford threw for 3 TD's against the Texans in a win in Houston?  That was only one less than his incompletion total.

I assume that was despite Schotty being his OC, though.  Of course. 

(and to think of all the Sanchez defenders blaming Schotty for his poor play - I guess it's a habit that's hard to break)

YOU DON'T WANT consistency from your playcalling with a roster like this.  You need to keep the opponent's D off balance.  If they know what's coming, guess what?  They will line up to stop it.

Marty was not brought here to install a predictable offense.

Next!

Archived