It's time for everyone to stop kissing Brady's ass

Matt39

Oh really?  So he's worthless 1 week after doing this?  Couldn't it just be that (gasp) Rex's boys on D came to play, just like they did the last time we faced the Pats?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/10/13/saints-patriots-week6/2976247/

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Bill Belichick must be living right.

With just under three minutes on the clock at Gillette Stadium on Sunday, the New England Patriots coach dismissed the odds, cursed the football gods and pretty much took a torch to the conventional coaching manual.

He went for it on fourth-and-6 from his own 24.

Incomplete.

That could have finished the Patriots for the day, and left the three-time Super Bowl-winning coach open for some serious second-guessing about his gambling ways.

Yet after an improbable, last-gasp 30-27 win vs. the previously unbeaten New Orleans Saints, it is apparent that in a time of need, Belichick can still place a bet on Tom Brady — and more often than not reap a winning hand.

"Guys made big-time catches," Brady said. "It was just a great game."

Brady made Belichick look like a genius again with his last-minute magic on the game-winning drive at the finish, won with a 17-yard touchdown strike to rookie Kenbrell Thompkins with five seconds on the clock -- and the stands half-empty.

"That's what he does, that's what he's paid to do," Belichick said afterward.

He could have also added that Brady bailed out his coach, big-time.

That's not to diminish Belichick's sterling plan and adroit adjustments. The Patriots came out of the gate and built a 10-point halftime lead with a no-huddle offense. The defensive scheme took away the biggest weapon, Jimmy Graham, who came into the game as the NFL leader for receiving yards.

It seemed simple enough with cornerback Aqib Talib blanketing Graham. Then Talib left in the third quarter with a hip injury. Plan B: Devin McCourty, next man (-to-man) up.

Graham's final stat line: Zero catches, zero yards.

No, Rob Gronkowski -- yet to return from his offseason back and forearm surgeries -- wasn't the only high-profile tight end missing in action.

It still came down to Brady, a week after the once-vaunted offense produced all of six points at Cincinnati in Brady's worst game in seven years.

This, after Brady's pick on underthrown pass to Julian Edelman -- "Bad read, not a good throw," he said -- seemed to doom the Patriots as the previous fourth-down decision might have,

But he hung tough. He's Brady. He's been there, done that.

He's the glue to the 5-1 record, achieved without Gronkowski or any of the other targets that were there last season, the reason they will still likely have a chance to still be in the hunt in January.

"No matter how you've played to that point, you have a situation," he said. "You're backed up. Regardless of what happens over the course of the game, you have a chance. That's what football is all about. When the game's on the line, you see what games are made of."

The final drive began with no timeouts and 73 seconds. Then suddenly it was fourth down again. This time, there was no decision. Just a play to be made on fourth-and-four. Brady hit recently-signed Austin Collie on a quick out to keep the game alive.

"We all looked at Tom, and he's not shaking," Collie said. "That kind of rolls down to all of us."

Brady was left with 10 seconds left -- time for two throws to the end zone.

It took just one. He threw a laser pass to Thompkins, streaking to the back left corner of the end zone, a hair past Jabari Greer.

Brady said that in that situation, all of his targets basically bolted to the end zone, leaving him to survey the scene and make a quick decision.

"I'm trying to pick a side," he explained.

The throw sizzled through what they call a tight window. One inch to the left, or an an incher, and it's incomplete.

But unlike last week, this one hit the target.

"That was sweet," Brady said.

It was also a reminder that for all of the good coaching, the schemes and the plan, it still takes the clutch players to make it work.

The strategy is only as good as the execution.

Brady sucked against the Saints lol....dude threw a pick to no one to lose the game if it werent for Payton

Everyone's sucked against the Saints.  They were undefeated previously.  Yet he still did what he needed to do to win the game at the end.  He didn't do it today.  Doesn't mean suddenly he's a mediocre QB.

Someone may pull out statistics that make me look stupid on this but he seems totally off on anything downfield these days,.seems like the big difference,..I realize no Moss,..etc etc but no big plays....makes it even more puzzling to let welker go.

Everyone's sucked against the Saints.  They were undefeated previously.  Yet he still did what he needed to do to win the game at the end.  He didn't do it today.  Doesn't mean suddenly he's a mediocre QB.

He's been mediocre this season.

He didn't have a legitimate receiving threat until this week (Gronk).  No, he hasn't looked great most of the season.  But the only reason I can think why you felt this thread was necessary was to downgrade the victory.

to be fair,neither has geno

He didn't have a legitimate receiving threat until this week (Gronk).  No, he hasn't looked great most of the season.  But the only reason I can think why you felt this thread was necessary was to downgrade the victory.

Not at all...its the NFL. A win's a win.

The Pats just get their ass kissed by the national media(especially Brady)....they arent that good. Teams play them scared.

Not at all...its the NFL. A win's a win.

The Pats just get their ass kissed by the national media(especially Brady)....they arent that good. Teams play them scared.

Well hopefully Brady's poor play will continue and the 2nd half of their season will be lousy.  With the remaining schedule we're set to face we could use some help from the rest of the league if we want to be in this division race.

I have been watching brady, like the rest of you, since 2001. yes, I understand he has had to work with a new, inexperienced receiving corps and all that.but his throws are off. way off.no zip. accuracy is $hit. his long ball sucks. either he is injured or his arm is on the way out. I believe the latter. the end is almost here. he wont be the starting qb of the pats in 2015

When Brady finally hangs it up, the Pats will suck some serious ass. I'd love it to see us run the score up on a Bradyless Pats, in a FU classless Pat way.

Think Belichick drafts a QB in the first 2 rounds this year?  I say definitely.  Though of course he might not give a sh**.  When Brady retires he won't be far behind.

It's always been true that Brady becomes a completely different player when hit, but he's increasingly becoming skittish when his guys are covered. Other than the one drive we needed to stop him to win the game (lolrex), he looked like crapola in the 2nd half.

while in some cases this may be true its much less true when talking about Tom Brady/

I seem to remember a super bowl game vs the giants where Brady was getting hammered on just about every play yet still drove his team up the field for the go ahead score with 2+ minutes left .Ive seen him do it numerous times other than that game as well. hes done it aganist us .  

I can understand the hatred cause I hate the bastard as well but lets stop with the bullsh*t

while in some cases this may be true its much less true when talking about Tom Brady/

I seem to remember a super bowl game vs the giants where Brady was getting hammered on just about every play yet still drove his team up the field for the go ahead score with 2+ minutes left .Ive seen him do it numerous times other than that game as well. hes done it aganist us .  

I can understand the hatred cause I hate the bastard as well but lets stop with the bullsh*t

I hear you (for my money, Brady is still the best in the league), but he hasn't been the same since that knee injury.

Brady didn't have receivers even close to what Manning has had for his whole career until 2007. Which is not-so-shockingly when Brady started outperforming Manning.

We can do this stuff all day.  First of all, Manning's weapons were overrated.  He had one truly great, HOF weapon (Harrison), one excelllent one (Wayne), and meanwhile, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James' (both thought to be great) abilities were helped GREATLY by playing with Peyton.

Also, I can argue that Peyton never had a defense like Brady had for those 3 Super Bowls.  Not even close.  The Pats had Harrison, Law, Seymour, Bruschi, McGinnest and Vrabel all stay together for those years.  The Colts had.....Freeney.  As organizations, the Pats were greatly superior.  Yet Peyton won more games overall.  He was the better QB.

Archived