Calm down.

Jettington

Bingo.

I can even deal with all the interceptions, since I know it's a rebuilding (read: throwaway) season.  I think what makes it tougher is that piece number 1 of that rebuild looks like every bit of a Gholston-level pick so far.  So not only is he here and not only will he be given 3 years of opportunity even if he shows he's unworthy of a roster spot, but we still need that same hole to fill.  

Our most recent picks inside the top 10:

2013: Milliner

2009: Sanchez

2008: Gholston

2006: Ferguson

2003: Robertson

Yuck.  I mean, how can we be 1 of 5 with top-10 picks.  And for the record, that "1" wasn't even such masterful drafting.  The only way of truly screwing up the pick in 2006 would have been taking Leinart (who, incidentally, the team still tried trading up to get instead of staying pat and taking Mangold, so they clearly had a top 10 grade on him also and if Tennessee had taken Brick instead of Young there's every possibility we would have taken Leinart at #4).

D'Brick hasn't even been that good.  That list is dreadful.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly was promising, doesn't mean that the future success it showed was going to come to fruition.  Patriots may not look very good to some and their wins aren't pretty, but they're still 6-2 with one of those losses coming to us. They're going to walk away with the division and that alone makes them a least a solid team.

They are playing in a division with 2 rookie QBs and 1 second year QB while they have a HoF QB.  IF they dont win the division it will be a  huge upset.

I'm calm. This game looked extra terrible for a number of reasons, including the fact it looked almost like the Jets weren't prepared, but the Bengals are talented - VERY talented and are possibly the best team in the AFC except for (maybe) Denver. Good teams will wreck a lot of the best game plans, and with the Jets lack of talent (particularly on offense but also in the secondary) and a rookie QB taking his lumps, there will be games like this.

This team isn't great. They're not 2-14 terrible, but they aren't serious contenders either. Most of us knew that going in. For some reason, the manic-depressive part of the fan base loses sight of this from week to week. It's tiring.

You had me until "flashes of brilliance".  Take it easy with that.

No?  What about the 300-yard passer, two 100-yard receivers, and a 100-yard rusher day?  What about the beautiful play-action pass to Winslow against the Falcons?  I'm not saying there have been many, but there's definitely been a handful where you were a little proud to root for this team, no?

No?  What about the 300-yard passer, two 100-yard receivers, and a 100-yard rusher day?  What about the beautiful play-action pass to Winslow against the Falcons?  I'm not saying there have been many, but there's definitely been a handful where you were a little proud to root for this team, no?

I think the way we are operationalizing brillance is a little different here.

Calvin Johnson yesterday was brillance.

This team sucks. They are a fraud team they win one week lose the next. This team will probably lose to the Saints most likely. This team is not worthy of being good the secondary is a freakin joke. Rex Ryan is not that good of a defensive coordinator when his defense lets 49 points go. This team aint makin the playoffs that's for sure. Geno Smith has more bad moments then good moments. There is no receivers and no running game. I expected the Jets to lose yesterday and low and behold they did just that by 40 points which is a common occurrence for the jets the past few seasons I remember last season 34-0 loss to the 9ers and that 45-3 loss to New England in Foxborough. Rex Ryan is a fraud coach If he was any good he would of gotten his team to atleast show up yesterday. The Bengals smacked the New York Jets up and down the field. I turned the game off after a few minutes of the 3rd quarter. what an embarrassment what else is new with the jets they are same old.

Well if Megatron is your standard, then nothing that's ever happened in the NFL ever, other than Megatron yesterday, is brilliance.

Not the standard, but a shining example.  300 yard passers aren't that rare anymore.  We've looked good at times, but flashed brilliance is a lot for a team that's squeezed out most of it's wins by a pretty narrow margin.

This team sucks. They are a fraud team they win one week lose the next. This team will probably lose to the Saints most likely. This team is not worthy of being good the secondary is a freakin joke. Rex Ryan is not that good of a defensive coordinator when his defense lets 49 points go. This team aint makin the playoffs that's for sure. Geno Smith has more bad moments then good moments. There is no receivers and no running game. I expected the Jets to lose yesterday and low and behold they did just that by 40 points which is a common occurrence for the jets the past few seasons I remember last season 34-0 loss to the 9ers and that 45-3 loss to New England in Foxborough. Rex Ryan is a fraud coach If he was any good he would of gotten his team to atleast show up yesterday. The Bengals smacked the New York Jets up and down the field. I turned the game off after a few minutes of the 3rd quarter. what an embarrassment what else is new with the jets they are same old.

The Jets will most likely lose to the Saints?  Way to go out on a limb. Exactly how many teams won't "lose to the Saints most likely?"

The team doesnt have an identity. Morniwheg has done a phenomenal job tbh....the run blocking has been dreadful, a rookie QB combined with a bottom tier unit of skill position guys.

The run defense is really good. Well, look around the league Rex...everyone's struggling to run the football. We either keep on trying to build the 85 Bears or we refocus our philosophy. The NFL isnt trending back towards defense. There's no defense for the MIlliner pick. If he hadnt been on Bama he doesnt get selected in the first round.

Technically, it was 35 pts the D gave up...but who's counting?

That said, Fire Rex Ryan.

The jets just really suck.  Held together by a bunch of Jags from 5th to 7th draft picks and undrafted players. crappy QB that probbly needs glasses, lame RBs that look for walls instead of holes (maybe they use to chase cars as kids), and WRs that cant catch a cold.  Corner backs that are either made of glass or are running on treadmills out there.  LBs that never even see what the opposing QBs look like.

man i could go on the Jets just suck

oooh but next year - yeah right...

time to watch the knicks suck or the islanders i guess

but how is it that a tiny state like MA wins superbowls, world series, and stanley cups and we cant even field a team to make it thru 4 quarters of play.

The jets just really suck.  Held together by a bunch of Jags from 5th to 7th draft picks and undrafted players. crappy QB that probbly needs glasses, lame RBs that look for walls instead of holes (maybe they use to chase cars as kids), and WRs that cant catch a cold.  Corner backs that are either made of glass or are running on treadmills out there.  LBs that never even see what the opposing QBs look like.

man i could go on the Jets just suck

oooh but next year - yeah right...

time to watch the knicks suck or the islanders i guess

but how is it that a tiny state like MA wins superbowls, world series, and stanley cups and we cant even field a team to make it thru 4 quarters of play.

Good point. New York teams never win titles. 

I agree about the Bengals.  But, the Jets are still awful.

It's tough to sit through a rebuild, even if it's what you wanted and incredibly necessary.

This whole season is a mindset thing from my perspective as a fan.  I expected terrible and they're not bad.  Not good.  But not bad.  Losing to possibly the best team in the AFC doesnt make you a bad team.  The Jets walked into a buzz saw yesterday.  Bengals were rolling.  They literally found every single weakness on this defense and executed damn near perfectly.  Truthfully, the way they were playing...it would have been difficult for any team in this league to go in their and win.  In sports and in life, sometimes your competition is just better than you.  In this case, the Bengals happen to be significantly better than the Jets.  I dont think anyone in the right mind had the Jets winning that game.  And its got nothing to do with anything other than the Bengals are significantly more talented and experienced than the NY Jets. 

The Jets are far from "awful".  They got whipped by a better team.  It happens.  Especially to a team who's as young as the Jets.

Bingo.

I can even deal with all the interceptions, since I know it's a rebuilding (read: throwaway) season. I think what makes it tougher is that piece number 1 of that rebuild looks like every bit of a Gholston-level pick so far. So not only is he here and not only will he be given 3 years of opportunity even if he shows he's unworthy of a roster spot, but we still need that same hole to fill.

Our most recent picks inside the top 10:

2013: Milliner

2009: Sanchez

2008: Gholston

2006: Ferguson

2003: Robertson

Yuck. I mean, how can we be 1 of 5 with top-10 picks. And for the record, that "1" wasn't even such masterful drafting. The only way of truly screwing up the pick in 2006 would have been taking Leinart (who, incidentally, the team still tried trading up to get instead of staying pat and taking Mangold, so they clearly had a top 10 grade on him also and if Tennessee had taken Brick instead of Young there's every possibility we would have taken Leinart at #4).

Unless Milliner just straight-up hates football now, it's hard to believe that what we're seeing is anything close to the final product. Either he's hurt or he's lost all his confidence or he's suffering the effects of not having a legitimate NFL receiver to go against in practice, or all three. Given that every defensive back on our roster is getting his ass beat up and down the field, I'm thinking there's a common denominator somewhere.

Unless Milliner just straight-up hates football now, it's hard to believe that what we're seeing is anything close to the final product. Either he's hurt or he's lost all his confidence or he's suffering the effects of not having a legitimate NFL receiver to go against in practice, or all three. Given that every defensive back on our roster is getting his ass beat up and down the field, I'm thinking there's a common denominator somewhere.

Dennis Thurman was a better secondary coach than coordinator? 

Just 35 points, haters!!!!

Vaunted!  

hmm couldnt be the fact that Geno Sucks too along withe the WRs or maybe instead of - dare i say it here

I went shopping.  I can tell when they aren't ready to go in 10 plays.  I have been looking at this as a rebuild from day 1, I'm not wringing my hands trying to find that 1 player that will put them over the top to make a playoff run because they have needs at every level except DL

bengals did them a favor today

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

i wish I knew the answer to Milliner's problems but a guy that's 6'1 200 can run a 4.3 and locked down most SEC competition shouldn't be this bad. If he not healthy now then when? Ever? Dudes got a laundry list of nagging health issues he's seemed to have for a long time. Does it take a full offseason? I have a feeling he'll be getting something else operated on. It feels like there's nothing to look forward to with him. And he'll keep getting rolled out on and off the field til his contract expires.

i wish I knew the answer to Milliner's problems but a guy that's 6'1 200 can run a 4.3 and locked down most SEC competition shouldn't be this bad. If he not healthy now then when? Ever? Dudes got a laundry list of nagging health issues he's seemed to have for a long time. Does it take a full offseason? I have a feeling he'll be getting something else operated on. It feels like there's nothing to look forward to with him. And he'll keep getting rolled out on and off the field til his contract expires.

Best case scenario: he's way behind because he missed camp and he doesn't line up against NFL quality receivers until game day.

Worst case scenario: He's an HGH guy who stopped juicing once he got to the NFL and this is all we'll ever get out of him. Freakish size-speed guys who have recurring joint problems are usually HGH guys.

Alternate best case scenario: He's a good player who doesn't have the lateral agility to man up on NFL receivers and moves to safety where his speed and physicality make him a good player for a long time.

Best case scenario: he's way behind because he missed camp and he doesn't line up against NFL quality receivers until game day.

Worst case scenario: He's an HGH guy who stopped juicing once he got to the NFL and this is all we'll ever get out of him. Freakish size-speed guys who have recurring joint problems are usually HGH guys.

Alternate best case scenario: He's a good player who doesn't have the lateral agility to man up on NFL receivers and moves to safety where his speed and physicality make him a good player for a long time.

I repped you. So i agree. *chills down the spine

not only does Milliner have the lateral agility, he's as good an athlete as Cro (or how Cro used to be before this year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ81bZV7TY

it should be noted that Cro's decline is worse for this year's team than Milliner's rough rookie year. Cro is expected to do alot more for this team and he's playing just as bad as Dee. Really they are both pitiful.

As for Milliner he's an interesting case. I hesitate to weigh in on this rookie as anytime I express hope for a Jets busting player he becomes my responsibility. Like I picked Drob and Gholston personally. 

But i will do it anyway. Milliner is having a rough rookie campaign and is playing about as well as the 2nd round QB. He's being asked alot to be on an island in Rex's D. He's had some debacle mistakes, in fact it happens basically every time he plays. He gets targeted. And he does actually do some decent things but he doesn't get any credit for that.

Both Geno and Milliner have to get much better next year for this team to succeed. Btw before people bash me for comparing the two, Geno is the 29th rated QB in the league and 3rd in Interceptions. 2nd in total turnovers to Eli.  Neither guy is setting the league on fire, people are bullish on Geno cause they want to be not cause he's actually playing well. 

Believe it or not I have hope for both players but I don't know how much reps in the near term help their overall skills or their futures. 

Archived