Kubiak fired.

Integrity28

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with O'Brien or Shaw. I know either of them is unlikely to come here, but ideally they're who I like.

Aside from them, I wouldn't hate Whisenhunt either.

The only coordinator that I like who has never been a HC (as far as I know) is Mike Zimmer. But another defensive coach won't go over well.

Shaw would be insta-boner, but I don't think he's going anywhere. I'm not sold on O'Brien, but he'd be fine. I'm ok with Whisenhunt as well.

LOL

It cracks me up how quick people are to defend Rex over Kubiak getting fired.

Kubiak was coming off of two winning seasons, had a talented team loaded and ready to go, and they all got hurt... and they fired him. He's vastly out-performed Rex the past 2 seasons. Hard to compare this year given Kubiak's stroke or whatever and all their injuries, and Rex's circumstances aren't totally fair to him.

My point was an is, coaches get fired for way less that the failures Rex has had the past 3 seasons. So, maybe a 4th and 5th year of excuse-making for him is excessive? Perhaps? I dunno... since a franchise that actually has expectations of winning can fire a coach who has been mostly successful in the past 3 years after ONE down year, you'd think our franchise IF it cared about winning would fire a coach who hasn't been successful at all during those same 3 years.

It's just logic. I don't expect most of you to get it.

Kubiak owns the longest losing streak n the worst record in the NFL, so it's not like Kubiak was having a slightly bad year. Injuries to whom? Arian Foster? They haven't missed a beat with Ben Tate. Rex on the other hand? He has street FAs starting at an already thin WR position. Same with the TE spot. This roster was not supposed to be a 5-7 team. They were supposed to be a 2-4 win team so Rex has already surpassed the expectations.

With the competitive disadvantage he's dealt with, 7-5 is impressive.

Suffering through perceived competitive disadvantages resulting in consequence-free lost seasons with subsets of sycophants declaring he's doing a masterful job despite the record?

Oh yeah, it's like he was born to be the Jets coach.

Correction, Rex has coached a team of rookies, and sub-par injured receivers and tight ends to being in the playoff hunt up until a month ago... then his team went on a 3 game skid all but eliminating them from the unlikeliest of playoff runs, being blown out be mediocre and/or inferior teams. 

So the question has to be asked, was Rex's team as good as the record a month ago? No. Look at how we got those wins. 

The question also has to be asked, what has Rex done to try and stop the skid? Nothing. Oh, sorry he swapped Winters for Ducasse, and benched one of the actually healthy receivers. He's done nothing, as usual, to address the fact that a football team needs to score points to win games. 

I don't give a flying **** about the defense, it's not that good. Not good enough to forgo scoring points and winning games.

Get out of my face with this sh*t. :P

Fling it my hairy beast. You know how I like it.

What has Shaw really done besides run Harbaugh's program?

Interesting question. And in reality, is their anything wrong with "running Harbaughs program"? Their are times where I actually give Managers, Coaches, in any sport a better grade for having the GUTS to say, "you know, the last guy ran a pretty good program, and instead of making wholesale changes, I may tweek things a bit, but I'm basically going to run the same program". Shaw has basically done that, even minus LUCK but the Hogan kid is no slouch either.

I can think of a couple of times it worked pretty well: Switzer came in and basically ran Johnsons system with the Cowboys and won a SB, and Siefert basically ran Walsh's system with SF and won a SB.

Now if SHAW came in and ran REX's "system" (which is still a mystery to most of us), I would be looking at yet another increase in my alcoholic intake every Sunday afternoon.

Suffering through perceived competitive disadvantages resulting in consequence-free lost seasons with subsets of sycophants declaring he's doing a masterful job despite the record?

Oh yeah, it's like he was born to be the Jets coach.

You're really a special kind of idiot.

Is there proof that he influenced the Sanchez extension that made him uncuttable while crippling our salary cap? What about overpaying for Holmes in 2011? I don't he influenced trading for him, but I've never read anything about him demanding Tanny keep him at all costs.

If you can prove that Rex forced Tanny's hand on those decisions, the I'm with you. Otherwise you're just making things up to support your stance against Rex.

I said "a lot" ... do you really need me to explain that I don't hold Rex responsible for all bad GM decisions? Rex informed acquiring Sanchez and Holmes, which inevitably led to Tanny giving them bad contracts. Only a naive jagoff would think Tanny was operating in a vacuum with no influence from Rex.

Just an FYI that I should have mentioned before T0m derailed the thread, I'm not against Rex being fired. I just think if he is let go, they should replace him with someone better, not just the hot coordinator du jour.

We've already done that several times, and it's blown up in our faces.

I agree.

Kubiak owns the longest losing streak n the worst record in the NFL, so it's not like Kubiak was having a slightly bad year. Injuries to whom? Arian Foster? They haven't missed a beat with Ben Tate. Rex on the other hand? He has street FAs starting at an already thin WR position. Same with the TE spot. This roster was not supposed to be a 5-7 team. They were supposed to be a 2-4 win team so Rex has already surpassed the expectations.

Ben Tate is playing with broken ribs and hasn't even played up to his own potential let alone the skillset of Foster, apart from one game. 

Regardless the premise of the thread was Kubiak gets fired for one bad season, while Rex is excused for 3 consecutive bad seasons.

Ben Tate is playing with broken ribs and hasn't even played up to his own potential let alone the skillset of Foster, apart from one game.

Regardless the premise of the thread was Kubiak gets fired for one bad season, while Rex is excused for 3 consecutive bad seasons.

Your argument has no legs. Rex has never lost 10 (or 11?) in a row and has never ever looked as bad as Texans this year with as much talent.

Your argument has no legs. Rex has never lost 10 (or 11?) in a row and has never ever looked as bad as Texans this year with as much talent.

Oh, so a coach can run off 3 straight seasons of 5-6 wins, but it takes losing 10 in a row to get fired. Got it.

Yeah, my argument has no legs. LMFAO

Oh, so a coach can run off 3 straight seasons of 5-6 wins, but it takes losing 10 in a row to get fired. Got it.

Rex has 3 straight seasons of 5-6 wins? Being that there are still games left, we haven't yet finished with 6 this season.  And when did "5" wins even enter Rex's equation even with a sorry roster like this one?

I don't think Rex is any type of great HC, but he's simply not as bad as you make out.  And has never been nearly as bad as Kubiak was this season.  We've had a bunch of injuries - key injuries - before as well and never lost 10 in a row in a season even with Herm or Kotite.

Rex has 3 straight seasons of 5-6 wins? Being that there are still games left, we haven't yet finished with 6 this season.  And when did "5" wins even enter Rex's equation even with a sorry roster like this one?

I don't think Rex is any type of great HC, but he's simply not as bad as you make out.  And has never been nearly as bad as Kubiak was this season.  We've had a bunch of injuries - key injuries - before as well and never lost 10 in a row in a season even with Herm or Kotite.

Prepare for some verbose pile of sh-t post where he cites "luck wins" and losing the pulse of the team. 

He'll probably throw the word quit in there once or twice and finish by questioning your knowledge for not being able to understand he didn't literally mean 5 wins.

Imagine Rex taking low-round and UDFA'S like Foster, Tate and Daniels and turning them into high-end players.

Kinda like Bart Scott, Damon Harrison, and Demario Davis? Davis, was a 3rd rounder, and Tate was a 2nd rounder, so then let's throw in Jeremey Kerley, a guy with more production this season then Tate, Bilal Powell.

I'm so sick of this anti Rex agenda on here, you guys are making this board unreadable, and the only reason there is guys on here looking like Rex apologists is because guys like you make it so impossible not to jump in, and call you out on your blatant over the top agenda that makes Rex Ryan the 2nd coming of Rich Kotite, enough already!

Kinda like Bart Scott, Damon Harrison, and Demario Davis? Davis, was a 3rd rounder, and Tate was a 2nd rounder, so then let's throw in Jeremey Kerley, a guy with more production this season then Tate, Bilal Powell.

I'm so sick of this anti Rex agenda on here, you guys are making this board unreadable, and the only reason there is guys on here looking like Rex apologists is because guys like you make it so impossible not to jump in, and call you out on your blatant over the top agenda that makes Rex Ryan the 2nd coming of Rich Kotite, enough already!

They don't believe half of what they type.  Just a few man babies thinking their team should be the bestest evar.

Prepare for some verbose pile of sh-t post where he cites "luck wins" and losing the pulse of the team. 

He'll probably throw the word quit in there once or twice and finish by questioning your knowledge for not being able to understand he didn't literally mean 5 wins.

Not luck. But Wrecks like Herman Edwards recognized that for self preservation the easiest way to sniff a plyaoff berth or close to it is to play bend don;t break  defense and try to run the ball while limiting your opponent's possessions with long drives. Porblem is there is a celing on how far you can go doing that. At some point you will lose to superior QBs and offenses because you cannot outscore them. And as the rules tilt more to scroing every year this strategy is getting less and less successful.

Objectively the Jets beat a bad West Coast team playing a 1PM game in EDT.Not sure what more you can really draw from yesterday excpet Kerley and Winslow are actually servicable pros if your QB can throw the ball to them rather than over their heads or  5 yards away.

They don't believe half of what they type.  Just a few man babies thinking their team should be the bestest evar.

I don't expect us to win any more games tbh. If we got to play the Raiders on the East Coast at 1pm every week it might be a different story.

Let the pettiness flow through you... 

They don't believe half of what they type. Just a few man babies thinking their team should be the bestest evar.

You're right. We have a complete disconnect with reality. By the way, where do you think Sanchez will be starting next year? Do the Cardinals have enough cap space for a megadeal??

Rex never had a season with only 5 wins, and only 1 season with 6 wins after 16 games to date, so as of now it's 8, 6, and 6, and counting so where is this 5-6 wins in 3 straight years I keep hearing about? Are we talking about Bill Belicheck in Cleveland? Did I miss the conversation make a turn west on I80 somewhere?

Archived