Walt Michaels > Rex Ryan

Scott Dierking

Let's face it guys, this is the New York Jets, the biggest joke of a franchise in almost ALL sports, they will never again even sniff a super bowl game because they are run by a rich boy idiot who gets no respect from anyone who is a serous football mind-except greedy on the way outers looking to make a last big score. Why is it that the only people who will agree to work for Woody Johnson are guys who are getting their 1st shot at BEING head coaches? I'm pretty sure that will change come next month sometime, it HAS to. I fully expect the guy who took the Cards to the SB to get the job next.

You gotta hope that the moat Idzik is digging between Woody and the football ops convinced any prospective coaches that this isn't a Dan Snyder situation.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it guys, this is the New York Jets, the biggest joke of a franchise in almost ALL sports, they will never again even sniff a super bowl game because they are run by a rich boy idiot who gets no respect from anyone who is a serous football mind-except greedy on the way outers looking to make a last big score. Why is it that the only people who will agree to work for Woody Johnson are guys who are getting their 1st shot at BEING head coaches? I'm pretty sure that will change come next month sometime, it HAS to. I fully expect the guy who took the Cards to the SB to get the job next. 

Would you be dissappointed to get the guy who took the Cards to the SB? I would be (a little) as I believe they could do better but if it was him or retain REX, I would hand him the keys to the car, and then shine the damn car so you could eat off it.

When the Patriots were playing the Packers in the super bowl (leading up to it) a Boston reporter asked him ''You have to answer these questions and rumors about the Jets''. Parcells said ''No I dont''. the press said ""why not''? Parcells ''Because I said so'' :rl: He had the best press conferences no doubt. he wasnt a ******* goofball clown like the douche in my avatar

I cant even listen to this clowns pressers anymore. Its the same crap over and over. Its the same, well, we have to improve this (and he never does), I have to mangage those Time outs and clock better (and he never does), I see improvement each week in this player (PLEASE STOP). Its just painful to listen to. If I didnt drink already, listening to that guy would have surely driven me to it.

Rex collapsed in 2011 just like Mangini did in 2008   Rex<>Mangini real talk

My hero.   Explain that great coaching job in 1997 again?  Losing 3 of 4 down the stretch to miss the playoffs including a home game against the 1-12 Colts, the Todd Collins Bills and the Leon Johnson pass against the Lions.  Infallible!

Is he bringing Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin from 5 years ago with him? That would be cool.  Without Warner his team's crowning achievement was 8-8.  Then he failed to develop John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, and Ryan Lindley. 

What is more amazing about that 1997 coaching job by Parcells, was that he absolutely hated O'donnell, and could not wait to find any competent QB to replace him. Amazingly, he took another cast-off that many said was a turnover machine and transformed Testaverde into a playoff caliber QB.  I'll never forget the first game of 1997 , Parcell's first game as Jet Coach, against Seattle, I believe in Seattle (I think), and I was figuring coming off a 1-15 season that they would probably get beat but with Parcells, at least be competitive, and they blow away Seatlle like 45-15. I said to myself, this guy is a freaking God, He did it with the GIANTS, He did it with NE, He did it with the JETS, he did it with DALLAS, then did it as head of operations for MIAMI, what a freakin coach.

All Parcells did in Dallas and Miami is make them slightly less mediocre. 

All Parcells did in Dallas and Miami is make them slightly less mediocre. 

I thought the year before that the Phins were like 5-11 or 4-12 or something, and then Parcells came in and got Pennington from the Jets and lo and behold, they win the division.

And again, in another thread when we were discussing my opinion of "mediocre" and most were saying no, Rex is way above average (which of course the data showed that wasnt the case), maybe mediocre means something else but taking them from basically non-competitive to winning the division seems to be more than making them "slightly less mediocre", dont you think?

Toe jam > Rex Ryan. There is only ONE coach IMO worse than Rex and that was the clueless Kotite. OK maybe Lou Holtz also, but Rex is near the bottom as far as taking a talented team and simply shredding it in two short seasons. From 11-5 to 8-8 to 6-10 it is not an upward tending team under Rex.

The Jets also drafted very well in Michaels years with the team. I believe Mike Holovak was GM, then he left and Mike Hickey took over. Hickey's drafts were solid until Joe Walton took over and then you start to see some real head scratchers like Roger Vick, Dave Cadigan, Mike Haight, Ron Faurot and Alex Gordon. Yuck.

Toe jam > Rex Ryan. There is only ONE coach IMO worse than Rex and that was the clueless Kotite. OK maybe Lou Holtz also, but Rex is near the bottom as far as taking a talented team and simply shredding it in two short seasons. From 11-5 to 8-8 to 6-10 it is not an upward tending team under Rex.

Thats unfair, Toe Jam has always had an elite QB.

My hero.   Explain that great coaching job in 1997 again?  Losing 3 of 4 down the stretch to miss the playoffs including a home game against the 1-12 Colts, the Todd Collins Bills and the Leon Johnson pass against the Lions.  Infallible!

THAT is better than 1-15, right? but you were expecting super bowl? wait, oh there it is :rl:

He said after that home game loss to the Colts and I quote ''Give me a break, 187 total yards of offense? this is the NFL''. Not, Oh gee golly willickers we didnt play good and we gotta do better. oh gee well obviously we didnt play good. Neil O'donell and Glenn foley! Adrian Mureil! world beaters he had!

Really? I like your posts, always insightful etc. But really, this is the best you got to bring down a HOF coach. First this team was 1-15 the year before and even with the "collapse" went 9-7, and most years (like this year) in the pitiful AFC, that easily gets you into the playoffs, and tough for Parcells not having Curtis Painter around to gift wrap the biggest christmas present in NFL history that year.

No coach is infallible, and all make mistakes, but the ones that make mistakes so rarely, that you have to rack your brain to remember, Like Parcells, and ones who make the same mistakes over and over, and then give the excuse that we are "learning and getting better, and need to improve etc", is what seperates a HOF from an average to mediocre dime a dozen coaches in the NFL.

Sorry, but that 9-7 season after the Kotite disaster, was one of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen, that and taking a team led by Jeff Hostetler and Otis Anderson to the World Championship.

Really? I like your posts, always insightful etc. But really, this is the best you got to bring down a HOF coach. First this team was 1-15 the year before and even with the "collapse" went 9-7, and most years (like this year) in the pitiful AFC, that easily gets you into the playoffs, and tough for Parcells not having Curtis Painter around to gift wrap the biggest christmas present in NFL history that year.

No coach is infallible, and all make mistakes, but the ones that make mistakes so rarely, that you have to rack your brain to remember, Like Parcells, and ones who make the same mistakes over and over, and then give the excuse that we are "learning and getting better, and need to improve etc", is what seperates a HOF from an average to mediocre dime a dozen coaches in the NFL.

Sorry, but that 9-7 season after the Kotite disaster, was one of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen, that and taking a team led by Jeff Hostetler and Otis Anderson to the World Championship.

Dom is still someone like I was immediately after Parcells left-feeling jilted. He exit left a sour taste in your mouth, particularly when he came back to coach again.

I was able to get over that, and realize what a great job he did he, and even more so, how he set this franchise up with credibility that it still has today (although I believe Rex is tearing at the fabric of some of that). The jets were credible again, after being punching bags. For that Parcells dserves our thanks.

Dom is just a bitter man ;)

Dom is still someone like I was immediately after Parcells left-feeling jilted. He exit left a sour taste in your mouth, particularly when he came back to coach again.

I was able to get over that, and realize what a great job he did he, and even more so, how he set this franchise up with credibility that it still has today (although I believe Rex is tearing at the fabric of some of that). The jets were credible again, after being punching bags. For that Parcells dserves our thanks.

Dom is just a bitter man ;)

What Parcells did leaving I agree is reprehensible but I expect it from most coaches. They all say"this is my dream job" until the next dream comes along. or "I have never spoken to such and such team", and then sign with them 2 days later, or "Im staying for as long as they will have me" or until a better offer comes along.

I am even advocating for one of those Coaches that did that: Nick Saban. Is it right? Hell no, but I really dont care, as I'm only looking for a better coach than the one we have. period.

Is he bringing Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin from 5 years ago with him? That would be cool.  Without Warner his team's crowning achievement was 8-8.  Then he failed to develop John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, and Ryan Lindley. 

Of course not SE, but he IS bringing in Namath, Maynard, Sauer, and Pete Lammons

Archived