Rex vs. Bellichick Record Comparison: 78 Games Each

Lizard King

So, after seeing the way Rex has managed garbage QB's, handed to him by 2 incompetent accountant GM's, you are somehow of the mindset that he would handle a HOF'er the same way?

Based on what? You think Belichick would be chucking it around with the dodo we've had at QB? 0% chance

We don't know what Rex would do with a decent qb, and frankly, I don't want to wait.  

I wouldn't exactly call Rex a hastener of offensive talent, one that develops it. 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shhhh, don't let facts get in the way if the Rex loving agendas around here, they don't like it.

Hey slappy, iit also contradicts your statement that brady would've never become Brady under Rex... Belichick had the reigns on Brady at one point too.. You guys have all lost your damn minds if you think Rex wouldn't coach differently with competency at the poisition

Geno and Mark have probably combined for the worst 5 season string of Qb'ing this league has seen in 20 years, and you think we should be passing more? Laughable

We don't know what Rex would do with a decent qb, and frankly, I don't want to wait.  

I wouldn't exactly call Rex a hastener of offensive talent, one that develops it. 

Marty is supposed to resolve that. Instead, we will hire an Offensive minded HC with a shorter resume then the current OC, swap offensive philosophies and take a down grade at DC. Sounds like a winning plan 

I love the "facts" argument, it's awesome.  First , did the Patriots NOT win the division in 2001? Did Brady not have a 63.9% completion rating on 413 attempts? Did he game manage in 2004 and 2010 when he threw 474 and 492 attempts respectively? (respectively means "separately or individually and in the order already mentioned [used when enumerating two or more items or facts that refer back to a previous statement] - Oxford-- saved you the trouble)

Then, Rex doesn't allow for QB development even though he brought in the guy who developed Montana, Steve Young, and had a hand in developing Nick Foles.  Did you give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no

YOU said Brady became Brady on day 1. ABSOLUTELY FALSE. They relied on Antowain Smith and smart game management by Brady and a strong defense.

In 2001 Brady averaged 190 yards passing per game. In his career, he averages 255. In 2001 Brady averaged 6.4 yards/attempt, while in his career he averages 7.7.

Brady's typical passes were WR screens and dumps in the fla. he did a great job on those, don't get me wrong. But to say that the Brady in 2011 was the Brady he eventually became is flat wrong. You either weren't watching, or are making things up

Marty is supposed to resolve that. Instead, we will hire an Offensive minded HC with a shorter resume then the current OC, swap offensive philosophies and take a down grade at DC. Sounds like a winning plan 

It could be. Current plan isn't working.

Anyway, the decision is cast. Rex is a goner. It is on Idzik now.

YOU said Brady became Brady on day 1. ABSOLUTELY FALSE. They relied on Antowain Smith and smart game management by Brady and a strong defense.

In 2001 Brady averaged 190 yards passing per game. In his career, he averages 255. In 2001 Brady averaged 6.4 yards/attempt, while in his career he averages 7.7.

Brady's typical passes were WR screens and dumps in teh falt. he did a great job on those, don't get me wrong. But to say that the Brady in 2011 was the Brady he eventually became is flat wrong. You either weren't watching, or are making things up

Dude the guy literally flipped a Drew Bledsoe led 5-11 team to 11-5 in one season, took them from no playoffs to 1st in AFCE, and hasn't looked back. If that's not coming out of the gate swinging, I have nothing else to say. I'm sorry he only threw 18 TD's and 420 yards in 14.5 games and didn't drop the bombs we're all used to around here. 

Dude the guy literally flipped a Drew Bledsoe led 5-11 team to 11-5 in one season, took them from no playoffs to 1st in AFCE, and hasn't looked back. If that's not coming out of the gate swinging, I have nothing else to say. I'm sorry he only threw 18 TD's and 420 yards in 14.5 games and didn't drop the bombs we're all used to around here. 

His style of QB play, regardless of record, was not the same day 1, as it is today as you insinuate. He started as a game manager, and then a couple of seasons later they opened it up.

it is the same as most qb's. Very few come out year 1 (Marino was one), and just wing it.

It is why, QB development is a big deal, and why Rex will not be trusted with it

Hey Numb Nuts...5% is considered statistically significant.  Leave the statistical analysis to us actuaries please.

I thought you could set your limits, for example as the instance you are quoting would be at the 95% confidence interval, but lets say you want to use the 99% confidence interval, wouldnt that then be at the 1% level? Am I wrong? Its been a long time since statistics course?

Your entitled, but I don't think you really need much trust in a HC with Manning. He is pretty much his own OC and is so far better than any QB I have ever seen play that he would still be great even with Rex.

If you read my posts, I am as anti-Rex as they come as the HC of the Jets, but I do think we have to be objective here.

Wow, objectivity? How dare you?

His style of QB play, regardless of record, was not the same day 1, as it is today as you insinuate. He started as a game manager, and then a couple of seasons later they opened it up.

it is the same as most qb's. Very few come out year 1 (Marino was one), and just wing it.

It is why, QB development is a big deal, and why Rex will not be trusted with it

So your argument is Belichick did the right thing game managing Brady, Rex did the wrong thing game managing Sanchez/Geno. Want to give you points for consistency but I can't.

Wow, Brady was the ONLY change on the 5-11 to 11-5 team? I did not know that, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I also remember Beldsoe having a pretty damn good game in the playoffs when wonder rookie was hurt, how the hell did that happen with that 5-11 team that Brady single handedly fixed?

So, after seeing the way Rex has managed garbage QB's, handed to him by 2 incompetent accountant GM's, you are somehow of the mindset that he would handle a HOF'er the same way?

Based on what? You think Belichick would be chucking it around with the dodo we've had at QB? 0% chance

Ahhh, but are they garbage (which I actually do believe) or are they actually serviceable QB's who have been handcuffed by Rex and his "offensive systems"? Probably a bit of both, But back to Bellichick. When, he inserted BRADY after Mo blasted Bledsoe, was he a first ballot HOF? Hell, most of the NFL, and fans went WHO? and said, "oh Bledsoe will be back as soon as healthy.

BUT NO, Bellichick DEVELOPED Brady and after a couple years let Brady Sling it all over, and need I remind you that Brady was a 6th round pick, unlike the guy Rex "developed" who we actually traded up in the 1st round to pick.

So lets contrast the two QB Development programs under Rex and Bellichick, for thier past 2 Qbs:

Bellichick: Brady, 6th round pick  becomes 1st ballot HOF, and 3 rings

Ryan: Sanchez, 1st round pick #5 overall, Historically some of the worst numbers ever for that high a pick, and will be cut

Hmmm, who do you want developing your QB?

Ahhh, but are they garbage (which I actually do believe) or are they actually serviceable QB's who have been handcuffed by Rex and his "offensive systems"? Probably a bit of both, But back to Bellichick. When, he inserted BRADY after Mo blasted Bledsoe, was he a first ballot HOF? Hell, most of the NFL, and fans went WHO? and said, "oh Bledsoe will be back as soon as healthy.

BUT NO, Bellichick DEVELOPED Brady and after a couple years let Brady Sling it all over, and need I remind you that Brady was a 6th round pick, unlike the guy Rex "developed" who we actually traded up in the 1st round to pick.

So lets contrast the two QB Development programs under Rex and Bellichick, for thier past 2 Qbs:

Bellichick: Brady, 6th round pick  becomes 1st ballot HOF, and 3 rings

Ryan: Sanchez, 1st round pick #5 overall, Historically some of the worst numbers ever for that high a pick, and will be cut

Hmmm, who do you want developing your QB?

Brady made belichik, not the other way around

Brady made belichik, not the other way around

So Im guessing Brady Coached the Giants defense to a few SB's as well eh. Make no mistake Belichicks DEFENSES won those 3 SB's for the Pats all Tom Brady did was game manage and not make mistakes. In the later years when the Pats lost a ton of defensive talent and Brady was throwing 30 40 and 50 TD's exactly how many SB's did Brady win ?? Thats what I thought

This is not to take anything away from Bradys greatness just pointing out the facts you seem to push aside 

So Im guessing Brady Coached the Giants defense to a few SB's as well eh. Make no mistake Belichicks DEFENSES won those 3 SB's for the Pats all Tom Brady did was game manage and not make mistakes. In the later years when the Pats lost a ton of defensive talent and Brady was throwing 30 40 and 50 TD's exactly how many SB's did Brady win ?? Thats what I thought

This is not to take anything away from Bradys greatness just pointing out the facts you seem to push aside 

Pats win 0 SB"s and Belichick is a DC by 2002/2003 if no Brady.  That's a fact smush

5-11 2000, 0-2 start to 2001... failure in Cleveland... all signs point to fail until he lucks into one of the best QB's of all time.

There's way more to building a successful franchise/culture then just finding a QB. Brady hasn't even played that well this season.

A QB that doesn't make mistakes in big games seems pretty freaking nice. 

Archived