Four QBs crapping the bed with the season on the line

deucebag

Define "good Offense"?

If you mean, high pwered up tempo, sling it all over? NEVER

If you mean, QB driven pass first mix in the run? NEVER

If you mean, Ground n pound ball control, take the game to the 4th Quarter and rely on your defense? BINGO

Tell me your thoughts on Darrell Bevell.

I think Rex has been deeply involved in the draft process. And l never conceded the Packers looked awful with Flynn...I thought they've played OK.

Question is- will a Rex Ryan coached Jets team ever have a good offense? That is his responsibility as much as anyone's within the organization.

It's possible that Rex has been quite involved, but if that's his biggest flaw, then Idzik has the full ability to negate that and make sure his positives are accentuated, which in my eyes is coaching whatever team is put on the field. If Idzik can field a better team, he'll get better results, simple as that. If he feels as though even if he takes Rex's draft-input away that his negatives still outweigh the positives, then by all means let him go. I just personally don't feel that any other coach would have gotten more out of this team should they have been in Rex's place this year. 

I'm really gonna miss you guys when he's retained and ya'll commit Seppuku. Just make sure to leave a letter, I hear Woody has em mounted on his fireplace mantle. 

When you say retained, do you mean for 1 more year to fulfill his contract, or he gets a long term extension? This will weigh heavily on my manner in which I commit "Seppuku"

When you say retained, do you mean for 1 more year to fulfill his contract, or he gets a long term extension? This will weigh heavily on my manner in which I commit "Seppuku"

Retained as in he plays out the final year of his contract, regardless of how unprecedented it is. As I said, I will be disappointed if he is fired, but I won't be devastated as I understand how the business works. I just don't expect different results until we field a better offensive unit with more consistent quarterback play. 

Retained as in he plays out the final year of his contract, regardless of how unprecedented it is. As I said, I will be disappointed if he is fired, but I won't be devastated as I understand how the business works. I just don't expect different results until we field a better offensive unit with more consistent quarterback play. 

Actually, even though it is NOT totally unprecedented as someone pointed to Marvin Lewis, BUT with what the Jets did last year in firing a GM, but retaining a coach is also about as unprecedented (Lovie Smith), as the scenario you mention. HOWEVER, not to burts your bubble, BUT Lovie was canned the following year by the new GM, with I believe a better record than the one REX will have, so their is hope on BOTH sides of this debate.

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have been a perfect match. Both came to the Jets as rookies at their jobs and whenever they lost we'd hear the same crap from both of them; "the opposition was great, but it's all on me, I'm to blame-I have to get better". Unfortunately for Jets fans they got worse neither one ever did improve, and we even saw Geno Smith start to make the same mistakes along with reciting the same excuses. Rex never did learn anything about how to be the coach of a whole NFL team. Now if there was any way to keep Rex Ryan as the defensive coordinator I'd say sure, keep him, but that will never happen.

The Rex Ryan philosophy is out of date, the game has moved past him-mentally. Sure there are still games to be won playing ground and pound offense and bend but (try not to) break defense, it's just that the rules favor the offense, the QB, the WR's and even the era of scoring on kick returns is over. It's time for Rex to go, likable as he is and all, he just didn't get the job done and 3 consecutive losing seasons is a one way ticket out of ANY NFL city.

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez have been a perfect match. Both came to the Jets as rookies at their jobs and whenever they lost we'd hear the same crap from both of them; "the opposition was great, but it's all on me, I'm to blame-I have to get better". Unfortunately for Jets fans they got worse neither one ever did improve, and we even saw Geno Smith start to make the same mistakes along with reciting the same excuses. Rex never did learn anything about how to be the coach of a whole NFL team. Now if there was any way to keep Rex Ryan as the defensive coordinator I'd say sure, keep him, but that will never happen.

The Rex Ryan philosophy is out of date, the game has moved past him-mentally. Sure there are still games to be won playing ground and pound offense and bend but (try not to) break defense, it's just that the rules favor the offense, the QB, the WR's and even the era of scoring on kick returns is over. It's time for Rex to go, likable as he is and all, he just didn't get the job done and 3 consecutive losing seasons is a one way ticket out of ANY NFL city.

It does seem somewhat fitting if Rex is in fact shown the door, that the guy he basically tied his career to (Mark sanchez), will also be most assuredly shown the door. If Rex just hadnt been so damn loyal to such a horrible QB, and had the guts to pull him in that 3rd year, and never go along with that cotract extension for an all-time bad QB.

Ironic, that when Rex looks back to the one player that actually had a huge role in getting him to those 2 AFCCG's, also is probably the one player most responsible for getting him whacked, and it aws topped off by Rex getting Sanchez blasted in that pre-season game. What a shame.

Archived