Would you bring Winslow back?

AFJF

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't you be starting unnecessary, illogical, and terrible threads?

Winslow is highly replaceable. I'd rather have Cumberland and Sudfeld.

You FAIL to answer the question STOP responding terribly in football minded threads that involve personnel decisions as you don't have a clue

If he comes in a package deal with Brees, sure.  I'm not sure that he'll be the same player here but it certainly won't make things worse.  And yes, pipe dream that NO lets him go given how cheap TEs are under the Franchise Tag.

Graham is trying to make a case that he should get WR money with the franchise tag, which would bump him up from around $6M to $10M.  And he has a point.

About him not being happy-against the Panther, he caught one pass, and was immediately taken out of the game. Whereupon he looked over to the sidline and made a "WTF?" hand gesture like he was pissed. This offense is never going to be conducive of any receiver getting big stats. On a decent contract he can be a contributor.But I'd expect he wants more than veteran minimum or a little above.

Graham is trying to make a case that he should get WR money with the franchise tag, which would bump him up from around $6M to $10M. And he has a point.

Graham is the one guy I'd throw big money at in free agency. You get him, then go for mid-tier guys to fill some other needs.

Then draft a receiver early.

Graham is the one guy I'd throw big money at in free agency. You get him, then go for mid-tier guys to fill some other needs.

Then draft a receiver early.

Problem for any Wrecks offense is they will never throw enough for a big time receiver. Graham might be inclined to take the money, but the awfulness of their passing attack is going to give him pause.

Problem for any Wrecks offense is they will never throw enough for a big time receiver. Graham might be inclined to take the money, but the awfulness of their passing attack is going to give him pause.

I think its hard to imagine Graham leaving Brees for us (or anyone, really), but if we got him, we're using him heavily.  A great TE is a QB's best friend, whoever our QB will be.  And Graham might not have a choice in the matter.  We have tons of cap space and picks as ammo.

We ran the ball a lot this year out of necessity. Outside of running back, our skill position personnel is awful.

Give Marty some weapons to play with, and he will want to throw plenty. Bring in Graham, along with a guy like Maclin or Nicks, add a high draft pick, and the look of this offense changes dramatically.

We ran the ball a lot this year out of necessity. Outside of running back, our skill position personnel is awful.

Give Marty some weapons to play with, and he will want to throw plenty. Bring in Graham, along with a guy like Maclin or Nicks, add a high draft pick, and the look of this offense changes dramatically.

Exactly.  We've essentially had 5 years of raw rookie QB play.  Mark Sanchez played like a raw rookie for 4 years and Geno was more of the same (though he could get better).  Hopefully that changes dramatically with major changes in personnel.

31 catches in 12 games is about 2.5 catches per game.

388 yards in 12 games is about 32 yards a game.

There were 31 players who had more catches than he did.

He's 30 and has bad knees and his next suspension will be a lengthier one.

They should bring in someone like Quarless from GB, Harbor from Jax, Fred Davis from Washington, Garrett Graham fro Texas. All much better options than Kellen Winslow.

31 catches in 12 games is about 2.5 catches per game.

388 yards in 12 games is about 32 yards a game.

There were 31 players who had more catches than he did.

He's 30 and has bad knees and his next suspension will be a lengthier one.

They should bring in someone like Quarless from GB, Harbor from Jax, Fred Davis from Washington, Garrett Graham fro Texas. All much better options than Kellen Winslow.

How many times did Geno Smith throw to him?  Your right lets waste a 1st round draft pick on a TE.

How many times did Geno Smith throw to him?  Your right lets waste a 1st round draft pick on a TE.

He was targeted 47 times, good for 6th on the team.

I didn't say draft a TE in the first round and if we did, it wouldn't be a waste. Bengals did pretty well with Eifert. The tight end position in the NFL is evolving and you need a solid one to have a well rounded offense.

Also, it's you're and not your.

He was targeted 47 times, good for 6th on the team.

I didn't say draft a TE in the first round and if we did, it wouldn't be a waste. Bengals did pretty well with Eifert. The tight end position in the NFL is evolving and you need a solid one to have a well rounded offense.

Also, it's you're and not your.

31-47 that's not bad considering a lot of Geno's passes weren't right on target.

Greg Olsen is a free agent he would probably be a lot better than Winslow even though I thought he was decent.

Kellen Winslow had a great year and came to play he caught everything thrown his way not saying hes an elite TE but hes decent we need WRs

I am dumbfounded that Jimmy Graham is even a slight possibility and you want to keep Winslow. You've changed? I agree Winslow had a decent year. But I think it might be asking a lot to expect more of the same on those knees and his age. Cumberland and Sudfeld are both nice potential guys but Cumberland might just be what he is at this stage, a solid #2. Definitely think #1 WR is the priority. Possibly even a #1 and #2. But one could argue a #1 TE is a bigger deal than a #1 WR. I think they need weapon throughout, regardless. Cumberland (for all his workout #s) and Winslow (with age and injuries) don't seem to strike any real fear into any secondary stretching the middle of the field. Def a tip of the hat to Winslow for a solid year though. They could use more from the position than what they got though. It's probably a position that didn't kill them this year but could definitely use an upgrade. 

I am dumbfounded that Jimmy Graham is even a slight possibility and you want to keep Winslow. You've changed? I agree Winslow had a decent year. But I think it might be asking a lot to expect more of the same on those knees and his age. Cumberland and Sudfeld are both nice potential guys but Cumberland might just be what he is at this stage, a solid #2. Definitely think #1 WR is the priority. Possibly even a #1 and #2. But one could argue a #1 TE is a bigger deal than a #1 WR. I think they need weapon throughout, regardless. Cumberland (for all his workout #s) and Winslow (with age and injuries) don't seem to strike any real fear into any secondary stretching the middle of the field. Def a tip of the hat to Winslow for a solid year though. They could use more from the position than what they got though. It's probably a position that didn't kill them this year but could definitely use an upgrade. 

Realistically speaking we aren't going to get Jimmy Graham unless of course you want Idzik to throw crazy money at him. Id like to have Jimmy Graham just like  you would but we need WRs.  Winslow was decent is all I said never said he was great.

Realistically speaking we aren't going to get Jimmy Graham unless of course you want Idzik to throw crazy money at him. Id like to have Jimmy Graham just like you would but we need WRs. Winslow was decent is all I said never said he was great.

Wait, you're the one that started the Kuechly thread, right?

Archived