God Loves Drunks & Fools Dep't: Super Bowl Will Be 49°

kelticwizard

The owners lucked into it.

They abandoned the tradition of putting the league's premiere event in a warm weather city in favor of a potentially frozen wasteland, all for greed.  And they won anyway.  It will probably cool off a little by game time, but the game should be played in its entirety in the 40's, or at worst high 30's.  Weather will not be a factor in the outcome.

The owners don't deserve this weather.  They deserve something more typical, like 25° and dropping by game time, 15 mph winds and snow changing to freezing rain.  They're actually going to get away with this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weathermen and draft analyst are all full of sh*t blow hards that believe their own guesses. None of them are right even 25% of the time. Any other job outside of politics they'd be fired and banned from the field.

in defense of weathermen, not many jobs involve predicting the future. People don't blame policemen for not predicting a crime 5 days from now. 

but draft analysts. yeah. F-- those guys in the B hole. 

in defense of weathermen, not many jobs involve predicting the future. People don't blame policemen for not predicting a crime 5 days from now. 

Ben Bernanke was paid to predict the future and as far as weathermen go Al Gore has made (by some estimates) >250 million bucks predicting global warming  climate change.

Draft analysts? Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Cops aren't all over the internet and TV saying that they can though. Weathermen and draft guys are.

The owners lucked into it.

They abandoned the tradition of putting the league's premiere event in a warm weather city in favor of a potentially frozen wasteland, all for greed.  And they won anyway.  It will probably cool off a little by game time, but the game should be played in its entirety in the 40's, or at worst high 30's.  Weather will not be a factor in the outcome.

The owners don't deserve this weather.  They deserve something more typical, like 25° and dropping by game time, 15 mph winds and snow changing to freezing rain.  They're actually going to get away with this.

I can guarantee it will not be 49 deg  for the Superbowl as your title states and I am not a weatherman. It will be 28-32 degrees by kickoff, the wind will make it colder and people will be wondering wtf did I spend 5 grand for this.

I can guarantee it will not be 49 deg for the Superbowl as your title states and I am not a weatherman. It will be 28-32 degrees by kickoff, the wind will make it colder and people will be wondering wtf did I spend 5 grand for this.

You guys act like they're gonna be out there naked. 30 isn't cold put on a damn coat and you're fine.

You guys act like they're gonna be out there naked. 30 isn't cold put on a damn coat and you're fine.

I live in NY. 30 degrees?No problem. I have skiied in 10 deg below and I have been to very many cold weather games in my life so your preaching to the wrong guy. The fans that are going to be there on Sunday arent you or I. I dont think they are gonna like it.

I live in NY. 30 degrees?No problem. I have skiied in 10 deg below and I have been to very many cold weather games in my life so your preaching to the wrong guy. The fans that are going to be there on Sunday arent you or I. I dont think they are gonna like it.

Good point. I'm thinking about construction workers and hunters that spend all day in weather worse then that not a bunch of white collar pussies that live indoors.

Sal Pal was on Mike and Mike this morning saying how awful the cold has been for the fans this week in NY and how it ruined the experience.

It's been 32 or below for the week for about 75% of the country. Where could they have had it where it would have been warmer for the fans? Hawaii?

I'm glad weather won't be a factor. Just two teams, man to man.

I'm on my 10th or so coors light now. Not real sure we I'm drinking it but the bar doesn't have any good beer so I went with it.

Doesn't have any "good beer"? You are drinking the finest the Rockies have to offer. Brewed from sparkling ice cold stream water, the finest mid-west and western hops and barley, and FROST brewed to perfection. Make sure the Mountains are blue and enjoy. I will drink one to you right now. Cheers.

Doesn't have any "good beer"? You are drinking the finest the Rockies have to offer. Brewed from sparkling ice cold stream water, the finest mid-west and western hops and barley, and FROST brewed to perfection. Make sure the Mountains are blue and enjoy. I will drink one to you right now. Cheers.

Cheers

Do you know why Coors wants you to drink their beers as cold as possible?  Because it masks the flavor.

the phrase "frost brewed" is meaningless. all beer is made from liquid that's been boiled with hops

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/01/29/frost_brewed_and_cold_filtered_mean_nothing_whether_it_s_bud_miller_or_coors.html

BudMillerCoors are all about marketing.  Cans that turn blue, wide-mouth cans, clydesdales, talking lizards, Spuds McKenzie......none of it talks about the taste or quality of their product.  

It's all bullsh!t.

My favorite are Bud labels that say their beer is made from the finest barley and hops.  They're so fine that the beer tastes of neither barley, nor hops.  They don't mention the corn and rice that they use to boost the alcohol while remaining flavorless.  At least Coors Light talks about the water it's made from.  You get plenty of water from them.

BudMillerCoors are all about marketing.  Cans that turn blue, wide-mouth cans, clydesdales, talking lizards, Spuds McKenzie......none of it talks about the taste or quality of their product.  

It's all bullsh!t.

My favorite are Bud labels that say their beer is made from the finest barley and hops.  They're so fine that the beer tastes of neither barley, nor hops.  At least Coors Light talks about the water it's made from.  You get plenty of water from them.

How about BUD and its "track your brewmaster" ads? Like I care that some hillbilly spent 30 days tasting the beer before it got sold. Yeah, that will get me to buy it.

How about BUD and its "track your brewmaster" ads? Like I care that some hillbilly spent 30 days tasting the beer before it got sold. Yeah, that will get me to buy it.

Actually that's a testament to their brewers (who by the way, are largely made up of Germans that A-B brings in).  Light lagers are one of the hardest styles to brew well.  The reason being the beer is so low on flavor that any defect or off-flavor stands out like a sore thumb.  They have tasters who try each batch during each step of the process to make sure the flavor is consistent.  If they detect anything wrong, the entire batch gets dumped.  

In a way, it's a shame.  They hire some of the best brewers in the world......to brew the worst beer in the world.

I've drink a bunch of stuff warm (pee once but she was hot) and it's not that bad.

Don't they drink it warm in Europe? Beer not Piss. LOL

Any beer I have drank warm, I didn't like it. Kind of like wine, I like mine chilled. That's why I am a big white wine drinker as that is better chilled but the Reds are usually drank at room temp which I don't care for. Also, in the finger lakes here in NY we get a bunch of Reisling, and Chardonnay. Great white wine.

Any beer I have drank warm, I didn't like it. Kind of like wine, I like mine chilled. That's why I am a big white wine drinker as that is better chilled but the Reds are usually drank at room temp which I don't care for. Also, in the finger lakes here in NY we get a bunch of Reisling, and Chardonnay. Great white wine.

They don't drink it warm.  English cask ales are typically served at cellar temperatures (~50 degrees F).  The warmer temp, combined with the lower carbonation, supposedly makes the malt and hop flavors jump out.

Personally I'm not a fan of cask beers.

Another fallacy is that Guinness is served warm in Ireland. I spent my honeymoon there.  Considering Irish food is terrible, I lived on beer for two weeks, so I drank plenty of Guinness.  They serve it the same way it is served here.

I've met a bunch of people from overseas and none of them drank warm beer.

Archived