who do you believe will be our starting receivers & qb by preseason

Jetknowledge

After FA & the draft is over assuming no injuries in training camp, who do you believe will be ourstarting 3 wideouts by week 1 of preseason.

I'll go 1st

QB - Geno Smith beats out A J Mccarrons

#1 - 18th overall pick - Marquise Lee

#2 - David Nelson

#3 - 50th overall pick - Odell Beckham JR

I see us being to cheap in FA (That's a good thing) unless it's on defense or the line

And there speed will get them alot of play time but Nelsons size beats out kerley

But what doyou think?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st Choice:

QB: Johnny Manziel

WR: Jeremy Kerley

WR: David Nelson

WR: Kelvin Benjamin

Most likely:

QB: Mike Vick

WR: David Nelson

WR: Mike Evans

Last Option:

QB: Geno Smith

WR: Marquise Lee

WR: Jordan Matthews

I love your last option, I could like your 1st if johnny wasn't your qb

qb mark sanchez

1wr santonio holmes

2wr Stephen hill

3wr Jeremy kerley

4wr david nelson

shoot. forgot. tried that. didnt work

qb geno smith

1wr hakim nicks

2wr david nelson

3wr Jeremy kerley

4wr kelvin Benjamin- with Benjamin easing in till he is ready for the #1 or #2 spot

I love your last option, I could like your 1st if johnny wasn't your qb

The middle one that I listed as most likely IS probably the one most likely, with VICK as our QB.

I do like the idea though that HESS STATION, keeps throwing out there where BRADFORD is our QB. He would fit Marty's system like a glove.

I do like the idea though that HESS STATION, keeps throwing out there where BRADFORD is our QB. He would fit Marty's system like a glove.

Don't listen to Hess.  He's an insane person.  Us getting Sam Bradford is the equivalent of Manti Te'o having a real girlfriend.

Don't listen to Hess.  He's an insane person.  Us getting Sam Bradford is the equivalent of Manti Te'o having a real girlfriend.

I tend to agree, although there are a couple of scenario's out there that actually make some sense, where St. Louis would be trading or releasing Bradford, and picking one of the QB's at #2. Why though? I really don't know, as Bradford in my opinion is and excellent QB who when healthy ( there's that caveat again), is accurate and can make all the throws, and is smart. Maybe they are growing weary of him not playing full seasons, and want to try a different direction. I DONT see it, but I would welcome him to the JETS with open arms, if he ever became available.

It's tough to predict right now but I think our QB'S and WR'S will look something like this:

QB: Starter-Geno  Backup: Vet (Shaub/Vic)k  3rd: Simms

WR: Nelson

WR: Kerley

WR: Hill

WR: Vet (Maclin, Sanders, Cooper, James Jones)

WR: Rookie (Evans, Lee, Cooks, Beckham, Matthews)

They are going to draft a QB at some point. He will be on the roster. Simms will not. He stinks.

NY Jets interested in free agent wide receivers Jeremy Maclin, Emmanuel Sanders

Gang Green not likely to go after Broncos' Eric Decker, may also pursue drafting wideouts if free agent plan falls through, but Maclin and Sanders remain coveted by Gang Green.

BY MANISH MEHTA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2014, 2:00 AM

Two months after the Jets’ celebratory locker room scene in Miami punctuated Rex Ryan's return for at least one more season, the team's brain trust has started targeting free agents to upgrade a lackluster offense.

The Daily News has learned that the Jets covet free agent wide receivers Jeremy Maclin and Emmanuel Sanders with the hope that one or both can help revamp the league's 31st-ranked passing offense from last season.

Jets receivers were among the league's worst in 2013. Geno Smith’s erratic rookie season can be attributed, in part, to the lack of difference makers in the passing game.

Ryan's top four receivers - Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, David Nelson and Stephen Hill - combined for 126 receptions and 1,744 yards. Cleveland’s Josh Gordon racked up 98 fewer yards all by himself. Seventeen receivers and five tight ends had more touchdowns than the combined total of seven by the Jets’ quartet.

The organization is fully aware that a change is in order. Holmes isn’t part of the team's future plans. The Jets have already included the $8.25 million in savings it will get by cutting Holmes in the pool of available money for free agency, according to sources.

General manager John Idzik has about $20.2 million in cap space before Holmes’ official departure (before his $1 million roster bonus is due next month) frees up more.

The free agent wide receiver class isn't particularly strong. Don’t expect the Jets to land Eric Decker, the consensus top available wideout, when free agency begins on March 11.

The Jets may express interest in the Broncos receiver to gauge his value, but it's unlikely Idzik will pay a hefty price for him. Some people in the organization aren’t sold on Decker's ability to be a true No. 1 receiver, either.

Ryan’s future with the Jets beyond this season hinges on the offseason offensive makeover. Maclin is an intriguing and affordable game-changer if he becomes available.

Maclin missed the entire 2013 season with the Eagles after tearing his ACL during a training camp practice in late July. His familiarity with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’s West Coast offense would make it a seamless transition. Maclin showed flashes of brilliance in four years with Mornhinweg in Philadelphia.

However, it’s unclear whether he’ll even hit the open market.

The Eagles and Maclin, a 2009 first-round pick, have discussed the possibility of returning, but it’s unclear if he can get a multi-year deal coming off his knee injury. Philadelphia also has unrestricted free agent receiver Riley Cooper, who emerged in Maclin’s absence, prompting G.M. Howie Roseman to recently admit that his team was dealing with a “complicated” situation.

Jeremy Maclin is coming off a torn ACL but has incredible big play ability.

Maclin, who will turn 26 this summer, has made it clear that he’d be amenable to a one-year prove-it deal, which would be music to the Jets’ ears if everything checks out medically. But would Maclin actually choose the Jets over Chip Kelly’s high-octane offense in what would amount to a showcase season for him.

“For a team that wants to give me a one-year deal, that's cool,” Maclin told Comcast Philadelphia last month. “I’ll just go out there and ball out, do the things I think I can do. Hopefully get that type of deal I'm looking for (after 2014). If a team wants to give me a long-term deal, I’ll go out there and still do the same thing.”

The Jets view Maclin (258 career catches for 3,453 yards) as a quality No. 1 receiver when healthy. Although Maclin’s only 6-0, he’s been a consistent red-zone threat in his career. More than half (14) of Maclin’s 26 career touchdowns have come inside the 20.

The Jets may have to fend off their division rivals for Sanders, whose career highs in receptions (67), yards (740) and touchdowns (six) in his first year as a full-time starter with the Steelers last season helped land him on Gang Green’s wish list too.

The Patriots signed Sanders to a 1-year, $2.5 million offer sheet when he was a restricted free agent last offseason, but Pittsburgh matched it rather than let him go and take New England's third-round pick.

At 5-11, 180 pounds, Sanders also isn’t a big-bodied receiver that the Jets need (Hill doesn’t count), but his 4.4 speed and quickness would be a solid fit in Mornhinweg’s scheme.

The Steelers tried to maximize Sanders’ run-after-the-catch ability in his fourth season. A quarter of his receptions in 2013 came on passes caught behind the line of scrimmage. Fifty-one percent came within nine yards of the line of scrimmage. Sanders also has experience as a punt and kick returner, which is an area of need for Ryan’s team.

“He’s an explosive player and he’s fast,” Bill Belichick said in the run-up to the Patriots-Steelers game in Week 9. “He’s dangerous on catch-and-run plays like tear screens, reverses and kick returns. He’s also a good route runner with quickness and obviously speed and big-play ability.”

The Steelers may be inclined to let Sanders, who will turn 27 next month, walk, to pave the way for second-year wideout Markus Wheaton. The Patriots could make another run at Sanders, especially if unrestricted free agent Julian Edelman leaves town.

Ryan admitted last week that the Jets will likely address receiver in the draft in May, but there's no doubt that one of last year’s least productive offenses needs skill-position difference makers in free agency.

Maybe Maclin and/or Sanders can help.

Manti Te'o having a real girlfriend.- Shoot and I bought a wedding gift for them

Tate sounds less likely to give a hometown discount

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2014, 10:59 PM EST

Earlier this week, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate suggested that he’d take less to stay in Seattle.

As he gains more distance from the euphoria of winning a Super Bowl, does Tate still feel the same way?

“To an extent,” Tate said Thursday, via quotes distributed by the team. “I still have to take care of myself and my family. I kind of have a number in mind, I haven’t talked to my agent yet I kind of been trying to enjoy the Super Bowl for now, and then take that next step hopefully within the next week or two once things settle down.”

And that’s when Tate will be able to understand what it specifically will mean to take less. At the Scouting Combine, when tampering season officially begins, Tate’s agent will know how much the Seahawks are willing to pay — and how much someone else is willing to pay. Then, Tate will have a few weeks to decide whether the gap is small enough to justify taking less.

“In my eyes I’d rather stay and play in a great organization, in a great city around great people, around great teammates for a little less than going to a crappy city and win a ball game every now and then and be miserable for six months and have a fan base that doesn’t care about the sport,” Tate said. “You have to give a little or take a little. We’ll see how it works out, hopefully it works out. Like I said I think I’ve done everything in my power to earn the respect and the trust of this organization. They know what they’re going to get from me; they know I’m going to work hard. The last two seasons that I’ve started I think I’ve missed a total of one game so I think I’m reliable. I know the system. I know what Coach Carroll wants so we’ll see. Hopefully things work out.”

With millions already invested in slot receiver Percy Harvin, the Seahawks may not have the money in the budget to keep Tate and Doug Baldwin, a restricted free agent. At some point, the Seahawks have to draw the line — and if that means Tate will leave they need to trust the process of finding a replacement, via free agency or the draft.

If Tate leaves, don’t look for him to rush to another NFC West team.

“I definitely do not want to play against Seattle, I’ll tell you that,” Tate said. “I don’t want to play against Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor for sure, but we’ll see.”

Still, Tate will be even more attractive to teams like the 49ers and Cardinals, who can make themselves stronger and the Seahawks weaker in one fell swoop by offering Tate significantly more than the Seahawks offer.

Archived