Gabe Jackson of Miss. St. is probably the best OG available this offseason.

SenorGato

I'd be surprised if they do a whole lot at guard. Winters will start at LG, and I'd imagine they'd like to see Campbell or Aboushi step up and win the starting RG spot. Whether or not they actually do is another question, but I'd guess they'll sign Colon or a Colon-level vet for a camp battle at RG and call it a day. Howard I think they should re-sign for continuity purposes but maybe they let him walk if he wants too much.

I would absolutely be willing to spend a 1, 2 or 3 pick on a guard. But for that price, it would have to be someone that I'm confident is going to come in and make an immediate impact, and hopefully play guard for us for the next decade. I'm not interested in any offensive line prospect, we have enough of those on the team already. If he's a guard or a tackle for that matter--he damn well better be good right away. Otherwise, oh well, roll with Winters, re-sign Colon and grab a wide receiver or tight end with that pick.

What does it mean for the Jets? Would you be comfortable with a 1-3 on an OG? is there any OG in FA that might work? Is it crazy to move Austin Howard to G? 

Coming into the year, he and Cyril Richardson were my top two, with the latter being my favorite.  I was expecting Cyril to be this year's Warford, but instead of dominating practice and the game, he did the opposite and tanked his draft spot by a full round.  He absolutely could not handle speed and just looked outmatched. I haven't seen much of Yankey or Su'a-Filo, but from what I was able to see of Zach Martin, if he forgoes playing tackle, he's the best OG in the class.

I would place Jackson as the 1st player on our second round big board of prospects. I begged for us to get Warford in the second round before we opt for Geno. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake as Jackson is a guy who can plug in at RG from day one. It time to finally get Rex type lineman in here. Some big bruisers are needed. Good thing the G, for Baylor, UCLA and Notre Dame declared as he can get lose in the shuffle in landing to us.

Gabe Jackson is a big fat fattie.  He can barely run, and while his pulling technique might be effective at the college level, he's too slow for it to do anything on Sundays.  Helluva pass pro through.  

I'd prefer to have an all-around OG if we're going to take him in the second round. 

I knew those guys existed when I came up with the thread title.

Gabe Jackson is Probably the best OG available this offseason.  That was the thread title.

I think Yankey is better.  

So i posted videos of the OG that I believe is the best available this offseason.

You're just jelly.

My OG is better than your OG.

Plus, My OG can also play tackle.  And his name is part of Long Duk Dong's most famous line in Sixteen Candles: "No more Yankey my wankey!  The Donger need food!"

Extra points for me.  

Gabe Jackson is a big fat fattie.  He can barely run, and while his pulling technique might be effective at the college level, he's too slow for it to do anything on Sundays.  Helluva pass pro through.  

I'd prefer to have an all-around OG if we're going to take him in the second round. 

It didn't hit you then that you're talking about a top OG prospect with elite size? He's the Warford of this draft. 

Mods change title of thread to: Grady Jackson is the 2014 Draft's Larry Warford 

People said the same thing about Warford and the dude mauled this year. I tithink nk Jackson will be just fine. It's Richardson who's feet were terrible at the Senior Bowl. Very disappointing. 

It didn't hit you then that you're talking about a top OG prospect with elite size? He's the Warford of this draft. 

Mods change title of thread to: Grady Jackson is the 2014 Draft's Larry Warford 

People said the same thing about Warford and the dude mauled this year. I tithink nk Jackson will be just fine. It's Richardson who's feet were terrible at the Senior Bowl. Very disappointing. 

That's fine.  He's an All-American so he's not going to be a slouch, but he looks super slow in his run-blocks. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-nDbk3k3c

Archived