I just watched Midget Manzeil on Gruden Football camp

joewillie78

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching your show now.

He's a baller.

Dude is awesome.

Look, I kid around as much as anyone, but I am dead serious when I say the Jets should trade up for this Kid. Hey, and I may be completely wrong, but everytime I watch him, and hear him talk, and how much he wants to compete and win, I am 100% sold.

Smart, Polite, Dynamic, Wants to win Cant miss franchise guy, who is worth trading up for.

Go watch for yourself.

In all seriousness I think Manziel is one of the freakiest athletes to come out of college at the QB position, has the drive, leadership ON THE FIELD, extreme competitiveness like a Brady, and Manning, and just has that IT factor you look for in a starting QB. The main concerns are his small frame, how long he can last playing the way he plays, injury is all, but inevitable according to most, he has a Joe Namath type appetite for the nightlife, and spotlight which doesn't fly this day, and age both media wise, and coaches wise which leads some to believe he doesn't have the proper leadership abilities OFF THE FIELD.

Time will tell, because unlike Tebow, Manziel has the talent, and skill set to play QB in the NFL, and comparing him skill wise to Tebow is just incompetence IMO, and Manziel will get years under center for whatever franchise drafts him.

Dude is awesome.

Look, I kid around as much as anyone, but I am dead serious when I say the Jets should trade up for this Kid. Hey, and I may be completely wrong, but everytime I watch him, and hear him talk, and how much he wants to compete and win, I am 100% sold.

You should hear me talk some time, I am a baller.  No one wants it more than me.  I just plain suck, though.

In all seriousness I think Manziel is one of the freakiest athletes to come out of college at the QB position,

How can you make that claim when Geno put up better combine numbers in nearly every athletic test?  Manziel is a decent athlete, but Vick, RG III, Kaepernick to just name a few blow him away athletically.

In all seriousness I think Manziel is one of the freakiest athletes to come out of college at the QB position, has the drive, leadership ON THE FIELD, extreme competitiveness like a Brady, and Manning, and just has that IT factor you look for in a starting QB. The main concerns are his small frame, how long he can last playing the way he plays, injury is all, but inevitable according to most, he has a Joe Namath type appetite for the nightlife, and spotlight which doesn't fly this day, and age both media wise, and coaches wise which leads some to believe he doesn't have the proper leadership abilities OFF THE FIELD.

Time will tell, because unlike Tebow, Manziel has the talent, and skill set to play QB in the NFL, and comparing him skill wise to Tebow is just incompetence IMO, and Manziel will get years under center for whatever franchise drafts him.

I don't know. With REX and his love for things like Hard Knocks, sex with feet, tattoo's, and bullfighting, that you might want to remove the "doesn't fly with coaches" part, because REX might love this type of behavior from his #1 QB.

Yes, the TEBOW comparison is ludicrous. That dude was no more an NFL QB than you or I.

He wants to win? That's freaking awesome! None of the other prospects show that they want that -- go get him, Idzik!!

Jamarcus Russell, a #1 pick could care less.

Ryan Leaf, a #2 pick could care less.

Jeff George, a freak for talent could care less

Yes, their are guys out there that want it and want to win way more than others. Manziel is one of those. He willed those Texas A+M teams to victory.

Oh no, INTANGIBLES, there I said it.

The main concerns are his small frame, how long he can last playing the way he plays, injury is all, but inevitable according to most, he has a Joe Namath type appetite for the nightlife, and spotlight which doesn't fly this day, and age both media wise, and coaches wise which leads some to believe he doesn't have the proper leadership abilities OFF THE FIELD.

Is that all?

Jamarcus Russell, a #1 pick could care less.

Ryan Leaf, a #2 pick could care less.

Jeff George, a freak for talent could care less

Yes, their are guys out there that want it and want to win way more than others. Manziel is one of those. He willed those Texas A+M teams to victory.

Oh no, INTANGIBLES, there I said it.

He wants to win more than 3 of the biggest busts of all time?  Well that's certainly reassuring.  He very well may have just moved his stock up to the third round.

You must not have gotten the memo.  You see, athleticism is the #1 most important factor for any QB except for Geno; it doesn't count for him.

Did you see the video in the other thread of him "attempting a tackle" after a pick (which he should get used to)? Dude looked like a girls field hockey player.

He wants to win more than 3 of the biggest busts of all time?  Well that's certainly reassuring.  He very well may have just moved his stock up to the third round.

Uh Yeah, these dudes just couldn't care less, YET were drafted very high and paid a gazillion dollars. Manziel cares and with the Rookie salary cap, you will find out soon enough without breaking the bank.

Uh Yeah, these dudes just couldn't care less, YET were drafted very high and paid a gazillion dollars. Manziel cares and with the Rookie salary cap, you will find out soon enough without breaking the bank.

I don't disagree with your assessment of those players, my point is simply that if your benchmark is three of the NFL's all-time greatest busts, you're really setting it exceptionally low.  There's plenty of unbelievably awful players who wanted to win far more than any of them; desire does not ensure capability.

Archived