Do The Jets Give Hester A Look?

Il Mostro

Yep.  He's six years younger than Hester, and doubles as a WR threat.  He's averaged 50 rec/year for the last three years. 

Hester is strictly a return guy.  

McCluster is probably looking to get paid.  I'm assuming Hester is going to get a $2M/year or less type deal. For that he might be worth a look.  They obviously liked the idea of Josh Cribbs last year and kept waiting for him to be healthy.  Hester would be a nice replacement for Cribbs.

McCluster is probably looking to get paid.  I'm assuming Hester is going to get a $2M/year or less type deal. For that he might be worth a look.  They obviously liked the idea of Josh Cribbs last year and kept waiting for him to be healthy.  Hester would be a nice replacement for Cribbs.

What kind of money you think McCluster is going to ask for?

What kind of money you think McCluster is going to ask for?

My uneducated guess? I was thinking he'd be asking for something in the $4M/yr range.  Figure he'd try to use Sproles deal as a guide.  The one blurb I saw had him looking at 3 years for $8/9M which is probably pretty manageable, especially when you consider what they gave Goodson.

My uneducated guess? I was thinking he'd be asking for something in the $4M/yr range.  Figure he'd try to use Sproles deal as a guide.  The one blurb I saw had him looking at 3 years for $8/9M which is probably pretty manageable, especially when you consider what they gave Goodson.

That was I was thinking...for a player as versatile as him...I'd do it.

My uneducated guess? I was thinking he'd be asking for something in the $4M range. Figure he'd try to use Sproles deal as a guide. The one blurb I saw had him looking at 3 years for $8/9M which is probably pretty manageable, especially when you consider what they gave Goodson.

Plenty of options in this draft for the smaller/shifter backs. DeAnthony Thomas, Lache Seastrunk, Bishop Sankey, etc,

agree 100% fixes several problems at once. sure he is banged up a lot but as a change of pace player hopefully he can stay upright for 12+ games

He is still young I think 26 years old. He would be my choice as replacement for Goodson. Idzik can make amends for that mistake.

We already had Devin Hester on the Jets last year--his name was Josh Cribbs. I have no problem bringing either of those guys in though, I know Cribbs did nothing on offense but yet he made enough plays on special teams to justify a roster spot. He (and Hester) can take it to the house any time they get the ball in space.

Plenty of options in this draft for the smaller/shifter backs. DeAnthony Thomas, Lache Seastrunk, Bishop Sankey, etc,

I agree.  That would be my preferred route, which is why I'd kick the tires on a possibly cheaper option like Hester than a guy that make cost some coin.  I will be interested to see what they do.  Hester is not a good WR, but they need playmakers and he is probably pretty cheap for a guy that does that.

I agree. That would be my preferred route, which is why I'd kick the tires on a possibly cheaper option like Hester than a guy that make cost some coin. I will be interested to see what they do. Hester is not a good WR, but they need playmakers and he is probably pretty cheap for a guy that does that.

Darren McFadden is also out there. SAYYESTODMC

I agree. That would be my preferred route, which is why I'd kick the tires on a possibly cheaper option like Hester than a guy that make cost some coin. I will be interested to see what they do. Hester is not a good WR, but they need playmakers and he is probably pretty cheap for a guy that does that.

Darren McFadden is also out there. SAYYESTODMC

I doubt the Jets will target a return guy in free agency, especially when they're likely to be looking at WRs, RBs, and CBs in the draft. All positions that could double as returners.

Archived