James Jooooooooones!

Greenseed4

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports free agent James Jones is drawing "heavy interest" from the Lions and Jets.

Pauline adds that the Packers "may still be in the mix" for Jones, though it seems like a longshot. Jones recently mentioned the Colts and Chargers as teams that interest him. Playing alongside Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford wouldn't be a bad gig. Due to an abominable quarterback situation, the Jets would likely have to blow Jones away financially to land him.

Seems like everyone thinks the Jets have to overpay for anyone to sign with them. The bright lights in the NJ swamp isn't enough for these bastards?

Every team that signs a play in the next 36 hours is going to overpay somewhat, it happens every year.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports free agent James Jones is drawing "heavy interest" from the Lions and Jets.

Pauline adds that the Packers "may still be in the mix" for Jones, though it seems like a longshot. Jones recently mentioned the Colts and Chargers as teams that interest him. Playing alongside Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford wouldn't be a bad gig. Due to an abominable quarterback situation, the Jets would likely have to blow Jones away financially to land him.

Another reason why you do whatever it takes to take care of qb spot then build around

True but he would of made nearly the same with another team could of had a lot better numbers, made the playoffs and signed a bigger following contract.

The bigger contract after the Jets was from his own doing and had nothing to do with the Jets. He got injured and is a scumbag. That's why he got released. If he was a true team-first player, 100% healthy, and was some or all of the things that he isn't, then the Jets wouldn't have cut him. Particularly when we don't have anyone else and are flush with cap space.

The bigger contract after the Jets was from his own doing and had nothing to do with the Jets. He got injured and is a scumbag. That's why he got released. If he was a true team-first player, 100% healthy, and was some or all of the things that he isn't, then the Jets wouldn't have cut him. Particularly when we don't have anyone else and are flush with cap space.

I hate the QBs and will blame everything on them.

Kind of like Tom with Rex.

I actually have seen James Jones drop as many balls as I have seen him catch.  But I have seen him make some fantastic plays.  So I am torn.

I actually have seen James Jones drop as many balls as I have seen him catch.  But I have seen him make some fantastic plays.  So I am torn.

His struggles with drops have been well documented.  But it is an issue he has remedied.

Dropped passes:

2009 - 10

2010 - 8 

2011 - 6

2012 - 4

2013 - 3

His struggles with drops have been well documented.  But it is an issue he has remedied.

Dropped passes:

2009 - 10

2010 - 8 

2011 - 6

2012 - 4

2013 - 3

right.  I read some things about him and found out he only dropped a few last year.  I was just speaking from personal viewing experience.  I actually have not seen much GB the past few years.

right.  I read some things about him and found out he only dropped a few last year.  I was just speaking from personal viewing experience.  I actually have not seen much GB the past few years.

James Jones was a third round pick who had made a name for himself playing the #3 role in GreenBay. While defenses focused their attention on Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, Jones quietly compiled 14 TDs in 2012 to lead the NFL.

He's not a true #1, but he's a veteran presence with good size, good hands, and can step right in and immediately improve our offense. 

James Jones was a third round pick who had made a name for himself playing the #3 role in GreenBay. While defenses focused their attention on Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, Jones quietly compiled 14 TDs in 2012 to lead the NFL.

He's not a true #1, but he's a veteran presence with good size, good hands, and can step right in and immediately improve our offense. 

I like the TD stat

Archived