Is Idzig good?

Jetfanincanada

While some could view this as Idzik being patient, the team has a ton of needs (all the top corners are now gone, and they don't want no part of revis). Their safeties are average at best as well. Does Idzik know keeping the most cap space does not = wins for the season? There's a difference between overreacting to FA and making bad decisions versus doing nothing at all.

Canada the country does in fact have a capital "C", your name however doesn't. 

Genius. lol

I do not have the word Canada in my name. My username is Jetfanincanada, that is not a word. Your silliness led to this, I mis-typed from my phone, and rather than worrying about the point of the thread, you decided to go after my spelling, while spelling incorrectly yourself. You really ought to quit, you are sounding worse and worse by the post.

Can you Izdig it......sucka????

Cyrus-The-Warriors-Roger-Hill.jpg

You should be more like Sperm. And I don't mean the little squiggly guys, I mean the poster SpermEdwards. Rather than littering the boards with this nonsense, he wrote out a well thought out, articulate post addressing the issue. You go after spelling and post pictures of the love child of Kermit the Frog and Derek Jeter on steroids. Be more like Sperm.

Mr T was great at big moves. How did that pan out?

Fair point, but I don't think Mr T was as bad on his own as many make him out to be. I think he made a few fatal mistakes, ala Sanchez, but I think he was directed a lot by Woodrow, and the organization was and maybe still is very dysfunctional under Mr T's tenure. Many of his big moves worked out well for a short time at least, but over the long run, the Jets thought they were closer to a SB than they really were, and managed the roster and cap accordingly. When you do that, and Sanchez deal, you lose your job, but I don't think he was as terrible as he is made out to be by many. Harris and Holmes deals were really a result of the Jets thinking they were closer than they really were. Im not defending Mr T, but I just don't think he is terrible.

IdziK might end up being a very good GM, I just don't know what he has done prior to getting here, or even here to really have faith in him yet. Yes, the Revis deal was great considering the circumstances, but it was very fortunate that TB was so dumb, I don't think anyone else was going close to that type of trade no matter what IdziK did.

I'm not ready to announce Idzik as my favorite GM of all time or anything, but I'd say he's done an above average job to date. However this is a new season and he'll be graded on it without the benefit of that curve.

I thought he did a terrific job with the Revis trade, although the impending fourth rounder annoys me. I said at the time that I thought the condition on the pick should've been tied to playing time, not whether he was on the team this year or not. The franchise got burned in a similar way with the Vilma trade, and should've known better. The Richardson pick was obviously great.

Most if the rest didn't particularly impress me. Most of it was expected. All of the patience-type moves set himself up for this year. Last year the team was expected to be worse, this year it's expected to be a lot better with all his cap room and draft picks. Hard for me to give him an above average for a decent execution of the set up. He needs to follow thru.

Not that I needed superstars in green to this point in FA, but that the team has to be significantly improved between now and the end of the draft.

I thought he did a terrific job with the Revis trade, although the impending fourth rounder annoys me. I said at the time that I thought the condition on the pick should've been tied to playing time, not whether he was on the team this year or not. The franchise got burned in a similar way with the Vilma trade, and should've known better. The Richardson pick was obviously great.

Most if the rest didn't particularly impress me. Most of it was expected. All of the patience-type moves set himself up for this year. Last year the team was expected to be worse, this year it's expected to be a lot better with all his cap room and draft picks. Hard for me to give him an above average for a decent execution of the set up. He needs to follow thru.

Not that I needed superstars in green to this point in FA, but that the team has to be significantly improved between now and the end of the draft.

Who have we missed out on so far you think would have offered a significant improvement?

This is kind of how I feel, I honestly think even Mr. T would have handled most of last year the same if he had a longer leash. Now if he had to win in one year, no way, but he even said that there was a very clear plan for how they would have handled last year and this year and that it was pretty much a no brainer.

Who have we missed out on so far you think would have offered a significant improvement?

I never said he missed out on anyone, or has done anything wrong to this point in time this year. In fact, I'm fine with him being patient.

This is kind of how I feel, I honestly think even Mr. T would have handled most of last year the same if he had a longer leash. Now if he had to win in one year, no way, but he even said that there was a very clear plan for how they would have handled last year and this year and that it was pretty much a no brainer.

No, Tannenbaum would've screwed things up further. He was constantly overpaying - particularly with guaranteed money. He would've tried to find cap room by extending already bad deals, like he'd done previously with Sanchez. Idzik has demonstrated fiscal responsibility so far, and that's a nice change. But again, it's one thing to demonstrate an ability to save, it's another to demonstrate an ability to spend wisely.

I never said he missed out on anyone, or has done anything wrong to this point in time this year. In fact, I'm fine with him being patient.

No, Tannenbaum would've screwed things up further. He was constantly overpaying - particularly with guaranteed money. He would've tried to find cap room by extending already bad deals, like he'd done previously with Sanchez. Idzik has demonstrated fiscal responsibility so far, and that's a nice change. But again, it's one thing to demonstrate an ability to save, it's another to demonstrate an ability to spend wisely.

Early in Mr T's stint as GM with the Jets, the exact same things could be said for Mr T. Those bad contracts IMO were the result of the Jets thinking they were closer than they really were and mortgaging a few years of the cap to try to win within a window in 2011 and 2012 which really did not exist. Now, he should have recognized that and didn't, and made enough mistakes that I think he deserved to be fired. I think any GM who believed they had one year to win, would do exactly what you say, which is why generally you don't keep a lame duck GM or HC around if you don't think they have a shot to win, because they will likely screw up the future.

My point has not been that Mr T was good, and that Idzik has missed out on guys he should have necessarily signed, but the general opinion of the Jet fan is that Idzik is some proven genius, and I just don't think he is anywhere near proven that. He may, and I hope like hell he does, but the jury has to be out on him at this point, I think he is being given too much blind faith by Jet fans.

Idzik let a player with tremendous upside go in OT Austin Howard, Terrible move. I felt that he was one of the FEW Jets free agents we HAD to re sign. Bad move Idzik. Now with Colon leaving, the Jets have to replace the entire right side of the OL. I don't know WTF Idzik (Idiot?) is doing.

I mean what has he done really that gives us such faith in him?

I would feel better if Rex had total control over the franchise.

Rex????????? Total Control, LOL

Every Vet who ever played for him would get a 'retirement city' contract and we would be out of money in 3 nanoseconds

The 4th rounder doesn't bother me because it was an add-on to a 1st rounder that I'm still surprised we were able to get.

Other thing is at the time the expectation was that Tampa's 3rd rounder would be in the #85 overall range because of their winning offseason.  This pick will be like a dozen picks after that and everyone says this draft is so awesome and deep (like your rectum) that plenty of good players will still be available around pick #100.

Sure, a 3rd rounder would be better than a 4th rounder.  Duh.  But as far as I'm concerned, since we got Richardson with Tampa's first round pick anything after that is found money.

Above average? He's brought ONE impact player to this roster. ONE. And we all know Rex is the reason Richardson is here. The rest of his first draft was AT BEST mediocre, his first FA was terrible, today was terrible. MARK SANCHEZ IS STILL ON THE ROSTER!!!!! How is that above average?

Yawn.

Mark Sanchez is on the roster because there is no reason to cut him yet, you checkers player.

I do not have the word Canada in my name. My username is Jetfanincanada, that is not a word. Your silliness led to this, I mis-typed from my phone, and rather than worrying about the point of the thread, you decided to go after my spelling, while spelling incorrectly yourself. You really ought to quit, you are sounding worse and worse by the post.

You do not have Canada in your name, you have canada. Jetfanincanada is not a word, but a lot of words lol. No need to get pissed by my silliness. I'm breaking your balls as a way of inviting you to the family. My name is villain, I'm the a$$hole here, but I'm pretty cool in person if you ever meet me at a tailgate. If you can't take my silliness jetsinsider.com may just be the place for you. this website is the cool one. There I go being an ass again. 

P.S. don't ever a let me to get under your skin that easily. I will take full advantage. 

You should be more like Sperm. And I don't mean the little squiggly guys, I mean the poster SpermEdwards. Rather than littering the boards with this nonsense, he wrote out a well thought out, articulate post addressing the issue. You go after spelling and post pictures of the love child of Kermit the Frog and Derek Jeter on steroids. Be more like Sperm.

Sperm is doing a fabulous job at being Sperm. Someone needs to be the spell check around here lol.

Archived