Reminder: Idzik's philosophy

Integrity28

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this idea is invalid.  he has tried to sign players, he can't close

if they hadn't had any contact, I would agree

but as far as we know, he has had a lot of contact, but no fish in the boat

Meh, Belli offers players contracts and doesn't close all the time... next man up... don't abandon how you've evaluated their worth, because fans are clamoring for headlines like a bunch of sissy mary wackjobs.

You think we're signing Decker?

There are other teams who keep in-demand players at the facility all day long.  I saw no big conversion chart that showed all others, other than Decker, were in & out of the facility with (or without) a contract.

If we take all day and get him signed I don't care.  If we take all day and don't get him signed I don't care (unless he signs elsewhere for $6M/yr, in which case I'll care).

Wasn't long ago that people said we were taking too long in getting compensation for Revis.  That we should have taken the (alleged) 2nd rounder when we had the chance.  Then we end up with the #13 pick and it turns into Sheldon Richardson.  Plus another pick this year (#112?) as gravy.

Just saying you should calm down.  A team with a dozen draft picks shouldn't be pigeon-holing themselves in an upcoming draft.

Personally I think they need to add a receiver, whether it's Decker or whoever, because the team needs more than 1 and the odds of picking up two starting WRs - each of whom proves to be starter-worthy as rookies - in the same draft are about zero.  

Beyond that I'd like to see one offensive lineman added for the same reason.  The money for Austin Howard was ridiculous.  He's a below-average RT.  The alleged improvement in pass-blocking from '12 to '13 dismisses that he just changed from blocking for a statue to blocking for a VERY mobile QB.  Really, he's nothing to get upset over.  He took the money from the Raiders because he & his agent knew that's the best offer he'd get from anyone. Because he isn't very good.  He's fine. 

But what I don't need to see is the team blowing half their cap room on 2 players whose contract may be half over (or more) by the time Smith "gets it" or has been replaced.  At that time it would be nice to have the flexibility we've got today without dooming the team 2-4 years later.

But what I don't need to see is the team blowing half their cap room on 2 players whose contract may be half over (or more) by the time Smith "gets it" or has been replaced.  At that time it would be nice to have the flexibility we've got today without dooming the team 2-4 years later.

How do you suppose that Geno is going to learn if he never has any weapons?

Sorry man, I disagree with you. A 7 or 8 million dollar contract for Decker doesn't "doom the team" 2-4 years down the line. Not even close.

How do you suppose that Geno is going to learn if he never has any weapons?

Sorry man, I disagree with you. A 7 or 8 million dollar contract for Decker doesn't "doom the team" 2-4 years down the line. Not even close.

When did I suggest that it would?

People aren't clamoring for the Jets to add one $7-8M WR.  They're clamoring for the Jets to use up all the cap space that it took tanking a whole season to build up.

When did I suggest that it would?

People aren't clamoring for the Jets to add one $7-8M WR.  They're clamoring for the Jets to use up all the cap space that it took tanking a whole season to build up.

That's not me. I'm not saying they have to spend every penny. I'm saying make a move.

So you don't want the Jets to do anything with all of this $$$? Nothing at all? Just, maybe DRC (if he's even available by the time Idzik wakes up?)

I never said that. Stop responding to me, you are being pathetic.

Damn are you guys trying to troll me now? I didn't mean a move for move's sake. We have plenty of needs, there are free agents out there... go make a good move for the sake of making a good move.

this isn't the apple store where you go in and pay the price on the little card. other teams want these same guys.

Damn are you guys trying to troll me now? I didn't mean a move for move's sake. We have plenty of needs, there are free agents out there... go make a good move for the sake of making a good move.

Here:

According to Ian Rapoport the #Jets are trying to sign both Decker and James Jones. Wow.

Now shut up for 5 minutes. Take a breathe and start acting like a grown man.

That's not me. I'm not saying they have to spend every penny. I'm saying make a move.

They need to make the right move(s), not a move.  Sometimes the right move is not making one.  I wish those non-moves at QB were the ones Tannenbaum made in March of 2012.

Every free agent is great the day they're signed.  Remember Faneca? Sure we were desperate for a LG, but $20M guaranteed for a guy who didn't last 3 seasons? He got replaced by freaking 2nd-year Matt Slauson who'd never started before.

It would seem great if we'd done all our spring shopping in the first 12 hours.  So what? I want to see how the team looks in August, not in March.  We have a dozen draft picks coming up in what everyone keeps saying is a stupid-deep draft class.

Really, you should relax. 

Here:

According to Ian Rapoport the #Jets are trying to sign both Decker and James Jones. Wow.

Be nice.  However misguided it may seem to some of us who don't agree, he's upset, nothing more.

But your quote is an eye-catcher.  Going to make some of us go back and bring back a bunch of quotes from today.

That doesn't seem to have stopped about 20 of the nearly 30 teams that have less cap room than us.

we have money but also many holes. it isn't going to be sorted in this off season. i do not think geno is they guy so high priced players on the second half of their careers are not a wise expenditure imho.

They need to make the right move(s), not a move. Sometimes the right move is not making one. I wish those non-moves at QB were the ones Tannenbaum made in March of 2012.

Every free agent is great the day they're signed. Remember Faneca? Sure we were desperate for a LG, but $20M guaranteed for a guy who didn't last 3 seasons? He got replaced by freaking 2nd-year Matt Slauson who'd never started before.

It would seem great if we'd done all our spring shopping in the first 12 hours. So what? I want to see how the team looks in August, not in March. We have a dozen draft picks coming up in what everyone keeps saying is a stupid-deep draft class.

Really, you should relax.

If we can get 5-6 starters better than last years guys between free agency and the draft we are a 10 win team.

Here:

We're supposed to be thrilled that they're allegedly trying to do something after almost every team has already made a signing, and the Giants have made about 4? That was fine last year. This year, we're top 3 in cap space. Unacceptable.

Archived