I hope you all don't go to a single Jets game this year.

TheShow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik has really bumbled this off-season so far. The Decker signing was great but too many good players have gone off the board while he was wining and dining him all day.

don't worry there was some peon drinking a diet coke in the bar of the resturant sitting by the phone

You people are both impatient and confused about tenses.

why am i now "you people"? and why am i "impatient and confused about tenses'? i asked you a question about which 3-4 positions we upgraded? since we only signed 2 guys that weren't here last year. i also asked what makes this offseason "spectacular"? the jets filled 1 hole so far. please do not place me in the sky is falling crowd.i truly understand the offseason is still young. acquiring a good #2 wide receiver for a fair price, with plenty of holes to still fill is not what i would consider "spectacular'. step in the right direction? definetely

why am i now "you people"? and why am i "impatient and confused about tenses'? i asked you a question about which 3-4 positions we upgraded? since we only signed 2 guys that weren't here last year. i also asked what makes this offseason "spectacular"? the jets filled 1 hole so far. please do not place me in the sky is falling crowd.i truly understand the offseason is still young. acquiring a good #2 wide receiver for a fair price, with plenty of holes to still fill is not what i would consider "spectacular'. step in the right direction? definetely

You're confused about past and future tense." The jets upgraded three positions" is past tense. "the Jets will be going imto the draft having improved 3-4 positions" is future tense.

You underestimate the value of the Jets not making the historically impulsive and ill-informed roster moves of the past. Slow-playing FA while still addressing the needs and NOT throwing around horrible contracts is a breath of fresh air.

Everything is relative. Remember what got us to this point.

my point was just because the jets didn't foolishly spend money, doesn't make this offseason spectacular. if this gm is true, i don't underestimate it, i expect it

my point was just because the jets didn't foolishly spend money, doesn't make this offseason spectacular. if this gm is true, i don't underestimate it, i expect it

It is all about profit sharing.

I think most of the original opinions about Decker were about Decker at $10M/year or more, as was being suggested just a few days ago. Decker at $7.25M/year is a lot different. The Jets had serious needs at WR, and signed the consensus top WR in free agency. Hard to complain (for most). Plus, they're supposedly still in the WR market.

I didn't even expect them to contact Decker, let alone sign him. This was a very good signing.

I thought it was in the $10-11M range, as in at least $10M/year. That made it stupid.

I'm still concerned about his hands, but this isn't "the offense must run through Eric Decker" money.

Very solid.

I will attend the game in San Diego and I can't wait, love seeing the Jets play on

grass at Shea type stadium, vintage, as far as our GM, he can't always get the guys

he wants because not every guy wants to be a Jet, but he is a brain trust and spends

wisely, judge his moves on the field next season, and keep in mind he expects to get

3 or 4 starters in the draft, and 3 or 4 more free agents, judge the total haul, in the

end I think we have a much improved team, and we finished with 8 wins, so expect 9 or

10 wins with a much tougher schedule, Rex's ass is on the line again this year, I'm more

concerned about coaching than our GM.

Archived