Plaxico Burress on Patriots' Darrelle Revis: 'The ultimate slap in the face'

F.Chowds

We already know some Jets fans aren't happy to see Darrelle Revis in a Patriots uniform. Former Jets and Giants receiver -- and sock entrepreneur -- Plaxico Burress sympathizes with them.

While speaking to WFAN's "Boomer & Carton," he was asked what he thought about Revis heading to New England. His reply?

"The ultimate slap in the face."

This was coming from a player who went from the Giants to the Jets, a move some might argue has some similarities. But to play for one AFC East team and sign with the rival? Burress didn't get it.

"I've practiced against him and I know what he's all about. For Tampa Bay to let him go really doesn't make a lot of sense. You would think that he would come back to the Jets. But it's kid of a slap in the face to go to New England. ... That's like me signing up to go play for Dallas or the Baltimore Ravens," he said, referring to a Giants and Steelers rival respectively.

We already know some Jets fans aren't happy to see Darrelle Revis in a Patriots uniform. Former Jets and Giants receiver -- and sock entrepreneur -- Plaxico Burress sympathizes with them.

While speaking to WFAN's "Boomer & Carton," he was asked what he thought about Revis heading to New England. His reply?

This was coming from a player who went from the Giants to the Jets, a move some might argue has some similarities. But to play for one AFC East team and sign with the rival? Burress didn't get it.

"I've practiced against him and I know what he's all about. For Tampa Bay to let him go really doesn't make a lot of sense. You would think that he would come back to the Jets. But it's kid of a slap in the face to go to New England. ... That's like me signing up to go play for Dallas or the Baltimore Ravens," he said, referring to a Giants and Steelers rival respectively.

Even though I'm a Jet fan, I strongly disagree w/ this.  Revis should be free to pursue the best situation for himself regardless of team.  Why does he owe the Jets and their fans anything?  Football is how he makes his living and, whether or not we like it, he's absolutely free to sign w/ our rival.  I'm not saying Jets fans don't have the right to boo him (we absolutely do!)  Just that he has every right to sign w/ the Pats.  Personally, during an intro, I would cheer him (as a thank you for being a great Jet) and then boo him the remainder of the time (since he's now the enemy).

Even though I'm a Jet fan, I strongly disagree w/ this.  Revis should be free to pursue the best situation for himself regardless of team.  Why does he owe the Jets and their fans anything?  Football is how he makes his living and, whether or not we like it, he's absolutely free to sign w/ our rival.  I'm not saying Jets fans don't have the right to boo him (we absolutely do!)  Just that he has every right to sign w/ the Pats.  Personally, during an intro, I would cheer him (as a thank you for being a great Jet) and then boo him the remainder of the time (since he's now the enemy).

He called BB a jerk, on national televsion.

Plaxico is the last person in the world who should be talking. WTF what a cuckoo.

Entitled Revis found out that calling the Boss (Idzik) a Liar on his way out door last year has reprucussions, aka, Piss off, we dont want you and your Agent team

Meh. That sh*t doesn't matter. 

NO pragmatic GM is voluntarily going to allow a situation where he has to re-negotiate the same player's contract EVERY season, and yes, that is pretty much were Revis is at these days. Season by season.

Meh. That sh*t doesn't matter. 

NO pragmatic GM is voluntarily going to allow a situation where he has to re-negotiate the same player's contract EVERY season, and yes, that is pretty much were Revis is at these days. Season by season.

if you stay healthy in the prime of your career, it probably maximizes your pay. but now he will have no insurance for injury or a golden parachute out of town when his skills diminish.

I feel like the ultimate slap in the face would be an actual slap in the face, but that's just me.

this is actually just the jab to set up the ultimate slap in the face: when he gets inducted into HOF in a pats jersey after playing there for one year and getting a ring

The thing that's really going to suck is when Revis re-signs there for a discount next off-season because the Pats are such a great organization that is way better than the Jets.

maybe if his uncle has a heart attack this season

The thing that's really going to suck is when Revis re-signs there for a discount next off-season because the Pats are such a great organization that is way better than the Jets.

That must be why he put a poison pill in his contract to prevent New England from franchise tagging him.

Archived