cro a gonner

eboozer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Cro during his days as a Charger and even moreso when he became a Jet. I think it was his hip issue that caused his dropoff in play this past year and not that his athleticism fell off a cliff, however, I'm certainly not going to fault the FO for not resigning a guy who statistically was a bottom five CB in the league last year. Wish him the best though. 

We're going to sign a corner at some point aren't we? I would have to think..

DRC is the last one that stands out to me. Is there anyone else?

Who was on the roster after the Revis trade last year? Now tell me, did we get better or worse since then? And we still have draft so ask again, are we better or worse?

Who was on the roster after the Revis trade last year? Now tell me, did we get better or worse since then? And we still have draft so ask again, are we better or worse?

I don't know, what I do know is that we have $30M+ left to make a move. Why not lock up a corner that can help you so that it isn't a need in the draft?

I don't know, what I do know is that we have $30M+ left to make a move. Why not lock up a corner that can help you so that it isn't a need in the draft?

Because Idzik may not feel that there is a corner which fits into his long-term plans that is worth throwing money at.  We could have $100 million and it wouldn't change this. Outside of Cromartie, who's play will be the easiest to replace, we haven't lost anyone that our recent signings doesn't make up for or drastically improve.  We signed the best FA available at our most glaring position of need.  The fact that we did that and still have $30 million in cap space, before cutting Mark, should be a good thing.  Maybe Idzik wants to carry some over because he's already planning on resigning Mo Wilk to a deal at the end of the year?  He's got a plan and it doesn't involve spending all the cap just because he has space.

Idzik needs to address the secondary.  Even if we draft a cb it would be rough going with 2 extremely raw cbs.  Milliner missed significant time due to injury

and didn't show promise till late in the year. So basically he's still a rookie. Sticking Wilson at the other corner would be a huge mistake. He has proven he is not

up to the task.  And the safety positions are equally concerning.  Hopefully, we grab a top safety in the first 3 picks.   

Idzik needs to address the secondary. Even if we draft a cb it would be rough going with 2 extremely raw cbs. Milliner missed significant time due to injury

and didn't show promise till late in the year. So basically he's still a rookie. Sticking Wilson at the other corner would be a huge mistake. He has proven he is not

up to the task. And the safety positions are equally concerning. Hopefully, we grab a top safety in the first 3 picks.

Milliner + wilson is a pretty good tandem. Ya'll some haters.

Because Idzik may not feel that there is a corner which fits into his long-term plans that is worth throwing money at.  We could have $100 million and it wouldn't change this. Outside of Cromartie, who's play will be the easiest to replace, we haven't lost anyone that our recent signings doesn't make up for or drastically improve.  We signed the best FA available at our most glaring position of need.  The fact that we did that and still have $30 million in cap space, before cutting Mark, should be a good thing.  Maybe Idzik wants to carry some over because he's already planning on resigning Mo Wilk to a deal at the end of the year?  He's got a plan and it doesn't involve spending all the cap just because he has space.

Isn't "Snacks" due for a contract next year also?

That tandem does not instill confidence in me at all.

I know right!? That Revis-Cro tandem that instilled so much confidence in you won SOO many Super Bowls. And no chance Milliner ever ends up being decent.  Like...ever.

Maybe drafting a CB is what they need? Why not? Why not draft your own two CBs that can be a significant part of this Jets team for a longer and cheaper term? You go in to draft with a mindset to find the next great starter at his respective position, so not draft a corner we can move to the slot? Like with our 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick? If that pick pans out, we don't have to worry about the CB position for the next 3-4 years.

And all that free agent big name spending and trading up in the draft got them to a Super Bowl too, right?

These "Superbowl" arguments are ****ing stupid. It's like when someone said the other day, "remind me who the Giants corners were when they won the Superbowl" as a way to suggest that cornerbacks can't help you win, but conveniently forgot about the Seahawks winning last year---and the secondary was perhaps the biggest strength of that team. Any good players at any position can help improve your team to varying degrees. You can win on defense with a great pass rush, a great secondary or balance between the two. You can win on offense with a great passing attack, a great rushing attack, or somewhere in between. Just get good players, that's all it comes down to.

These "Superbowl" arguments are ****ing stupid. It's like when someone said the other day, "remind me who the Giants corners were when they won the Superbowl" as a way to suggest that cornerbacks can't help you win, but conveniently forgot about the Seahawks winning last year---and the secondary was perhaps the biggest strength of that team. Any good players at any position can help improve your team to varying degrees. You can win on defense with a great pass rush, a great secondary or balance between the two. You can win on offense with a great passing attack, a great rushing attack, or somewhere in between. Just get good players, that's all it comes down to.

It's no more stupid than the argument that you NEED elite corners to win the Super Bowl.  Or that you need to spend all your free agent money on D1 to be a contender.

But the Jets could win the next 3 Super Bowls and you'd still whine non-stop, so I give up.  Enjoy misery, lol.

And suddenly, just like that.... Cromartie had nothing to do with Cromartie getting burned weekly last season.

But yeah, WE NEED MOAR SECOMBERRY HALP!!!! 

Clearly the way to fix things is to make sure they never change.

But the Jets could win the next 3 Super Bowls and you'd still whine non-stop, so I give up.  Enjoy misery, lol.

You have been around here just as long as me, haven't you? So haven't you seen me post before? What you suggest is the opposite of the truth, I'm never with the whiners. So I disagree with Idzik's approach during this off-season and all of the sudden I'm a chronic whiner? LOL

And suddenly, just like that.... Cromartie had nothing to do with Cromartie getting burned weekly last season.

Cro single handedly owns Peyton

It took the whole Seahawks D to own Peyton

Therefore...Cro = Seahawks D

SOJ's

As opposed to fixing things through, what... hanging out with Eric Decker all day?

As opposed to fixing things through, what... hanging out with Eric Decker all day?

Through the 12 draft picks that we have for the upcoming NFL draft?  It seems as though, as I said on the first day of FA when you were still bugging out, Idzik will most likely sign Pettigrew, a CB and another WR and head into the draft going BPA with all dozen of our picks.  We've retained all the players we cared about retaining and added the best FA at our biggest position of need. Besides having too much money, what exactly are you upset about?

You have been around here just as long as me, haven't you? So haven't you seen me post before? What you suggest is the opposite of the truth, I'm never with the whiners. So I disagree with Idzik's approach during this off-season and all of the sudden I'm a chronic whiner? LOL

That's precisely what's going on, lol.

Look...I whined when we drafted Richardson last year, because "we don't need DL!!!"  I whined when we picked Holmes over Braylon, because I <3'd Bray-Bray.

There's a difference between whining/not liking the way the GM is doing things and stinking up every thread with the mess.  Everyone whines from time to time about something, but whining every post about how Idzik sucks, the Jets suck, they don't know what they're doing, wah wah wah is just...damn.  

I know you're not usually like this.  I don't post in the main forum like I used to, but I read it basically every day.  I at least got it, to some degree, before the Decker signing.  The Jets sign Decker, a RT that is at worst equal to what Howard would give us (and as others have mentioned doesn't lock us in to Howard going into this draft), and is trying to make moves for others as we speak (Pettigrew, Jones, Sanders, etc).  There are still CB's out there that would give us BETTER production than we got out of Cromartie last year.

Not equal.

Not a slight downgrade.

Better.

Factor in that young secondary is a year more experienced, the young line is a year more experienced (including the DROY), and they can still bring back Pace, a different option at LB, or draft someone (younger, again...key)...the D will be fine.

I just don't get this meltdown when the Jets could sign one of 5 or 6 guys STILL left at corner to maintain or improve, they've purged some dead weight, and actually gotten better on offense for the first time in a long time.  And they still have all that money you're complaining about not using!  There's no need to be a negative nancy right now...there just isn't.

When only one team wins a year there are 31 teams to find support for any argument you want for what doesnt work

Archived