Calvin Pryor to wear #25 its official

joewilly12

FLORHAM PARK -- Another plot twist in the saga of Calvin Pryor's jersey number. But this one looks like it's permanent.

Pryor, a safety and the Jets' first-round draft pick, initially wanted to wear No. 25—the number he wore in college at Louisville—but then he learned he couldn't.

Yet now he can! Big news!

At day two of the Jets' rookie minicamp on Saturday, Pryor hit the practice field wearing the No. 25. He had worn the No. 35 on Friday because No. 25 still belonged to running back Alex Green. But the Jets on Friday claimed running back Daryl Richardson off waivers from the Rams, and Richardson is officially going to wear No. 35, per the team's website.

Alex Green is left to wonder if the roster move had anything to do with appeasing an unsigned draft pick. I would have given up 25 faster than the French army. You come off looking like a good teammate which is sometimes the difference in making the 53rd spot. It probably wouldn't have helped, but it couldn't have hurt.

Alex Green is left to wonder if the roster move had anything to do with appeasing an unsigned draft pick. I would have given up 25 faster than the French army. You come off looking like a good teammate which is sometimes the difference in making the 53rd spot. It probably wouldn't have helped, but it couldn't have hurt.

all NFL teams leave that up to the players to work out

the guy they signed yesteday sealed his fate

Probably the fact that Richardson is way better than Green is the reason he was cut. Quite the conspiracy theory though.

Green apparently was NOt cut.  

Running back Alex Green remains on the roster. On Friday night, he sent out a tweet that suggested he had been released. He apparently thought he was toasted after the Jets acquired Daryl Richardson on waivers. Ryan said Green made an incorrect assumption. ... Ryan felt they were "loaded at running back" before picking up Richardson, but he believes that Richardson upgrades the position. They have five veterans at running back

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/39152/jets-report-plenty-of-drops-not-rain?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I know, I know. But I have nostalgia for my old Al Toon jersey. Plus, the idea of Amaro energizing the offense gives me a Woody Johnson.

Sorry brother, those days are over. Skill positions, we are lucky if they are around three seasons. 

Archived