80s Villains Mafia - Game Over

Leelou

Looking at it, Smash and AVM look the worst from a vote history perspective and it actually makes me feel pretty good about you and Hali.

AVM not getting his hands dirty at all.  And Smash only lynching town and zero scum.

Now I say all this knowing I wasnt on the wbat train but it should be pretty obvious I would have if you guys didnt beat me to it by the time I had checked back in.

Still like to hear from LZ about his vote on AVM.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not specifically. For example; another observation is that Smash wasnt voting either 80 or Wbat but was voting Darthe.

Another was Hallia ending D1 with a vote on Wbat. Scum burying a vote on scum while scum is being lynched would interesting unlikely play if scum.

And another is of all the players alive, you're the only one on every lynch train.

And I was right 2/3 times and the 3rd was a pretty sh*tty move that looked scummy to me. Do you think that me being on every train is scummy?

You're a better player than me. You strike me as town but you're in a great place if you were scum.

Halia strikes me as town.

Avm is my guy today. On the off chance it isn't him it's smash .

Liza macguire is the cop.

And I was right 2/3 times and the 3rd was a pretty sh*tty move that looked scummy to me. Do you think that me being on every train is scummy?

You're a better player than me. You strike me as town but you're in a great place if you were scum.

Halia strikes me as town.

Avm is my guy today. On the off chance it isn't him it's smash .

Liza macguire is the cop.

No.  Like I said above, I feel pretty good about you and Hali right now.

I'm in stand still mode until LK and AVM get back and start answering some questions.

Srsly?

I'm the watcher.  Dumbass visited JiF last night for who knows what reason, and is trying to cover up his dumbassery by blind squirreling me.  I watched JC the night before and Hallia N1, before anyone asks.

I took a bad gamble on who scum would kill -- figured they'd go for a sure kill versus out guessing JC.

Only Lizzie can get a confirmed guilty, ignore voting him for the town doc, then somehow investigate JiF over me, Hallia, Arsis, or Smash.

Boring.  Last night we had like 30 people viewing.  Hali being one of them, didnt say a word. 

LK is now in tard mode and isnt even answering questions to just try to figure this out.

So now what?  Just stare at each other and hope scum tip their hand?

Snooze fest.

Now, given we had a Vig, a cop, and a watcher I'd be willing to bet we're looking at 3+1 symp, with a GF.

vote Nolder

Well, techincally, all we know is we've had is a Vig and a Doc.  You and LK could be full of sh*t.  Tard didnt even verify if you were telling the truth or not, just unvoted.  lmfao

But you think 2 are left out there?...a symp and a GF?  Seems redundant, no?

And instead of going after the 2 that we've got no information on, Smash and Arsis, you prefer to go GF or symp hunting with Nolderp?

Feel like the DMer's typically use a symp over a GF.

Well, techincally, all we know is we've had is a Vig and a Doc.  You and LK could be full of sh*t.  Tard didnt even verify if you were telling the truth or not, just unvoted.  lmfao

And instead of going after the 2 that we've got no information on, Smash and Arsis, you prefer to go GF or symp hunting with Nolderp?

Bold -- A symp would come up as guilty to a cop, have no NK, and know their teammates but their teammates not know, right?  I don't think that's necessarily redundant.

Italics -- Fair point...his disappearance from the spotlight in the game since D1 reeks, though.  Regardless, we should have a 100% shot at the symp for Hallia, Smash, or Arsis (I'd really doubt Arsis, having been on both scum trains thus far this game, but they were both dead to rights when he voted for them, I believe)

In terms of balance, if you choose to believe that Lizzie and I are telling the truth you've got for town a doc (+1), a cop (+1), and a watcher (+1).  We've discussed a Vig before, and it generally falls as a null power (as most often it ends up hurting town)...though I've seen mods count it as a +1 to both scum (because it hurts town more) or town (because a smart player can hold it til end and have their odds go up in a crucial situation).

For scum, if I'm right, that'd be a GF (-1) and a symp (-1).  That's +1 to town, with 4/13 as scum (just over the 25% number you look for...which sounds right)

Smash ISO:

DAY 1 posts:

JIF is way too active

Vote JIF

see you all on day 2

GFY's

Dumps a vote on JiF, disappears.  

Didn't you quit a few games ago crying and carrying on ?

Now your calling people dumb idiots ?

really ?

Really ?

Vote Darthe

JC why didn't you counter right away when 80 claimed ? When your the doc that's what you should do. Cop role plays a little different but Doc should counter right away. Please explain

You should be breaded and deep fried ...

This could be the worst mafia play I've seen In a while.

^^^These three on the JC v. Darthe doc battle.  Really easy time to come into play, IMO.

heh best bets before what ? So you had them pegged on day one ? What you doing drawing straws

Goes back to take a shot at JiF.  

N2 posts

read Pac's earlier post you buffoon. Having him around doing stupid things late in a small game is not a good idea. Counter claiming a doc claim as a vanilla townie is as stupid as it gets. JC didn't do a great job here either he should have spoke up as soon as Dumthe counterd./

Defends killing Darthe (when ALMOST everyone -- except basically Nolder and Wom -- was behind it).  No need to defend.

so you 2 are either power roles or scum thanks for that.

This was @Arsis and Pac

Wombat Pac or Arsis are scum that much is clear

Throwing Wom #1 gives me major pause, honestly.

your next scum is Wombat with all his mock outrage bullsh*t. he made it a bit too obvious that he felt Darthe was town to cover his scummy ass.

Adds to that thought

I see your point with JC maybe it was best he waited but there is no excuse for Darthe to do what he did. The game was slowing down he wanted to make a splash/liven things up and he made a poor play. Hes turning into 80 right before our eyes. :)

what the hell is this crap ?

Reaction to his name being #1 on a suspect list from JC.  

Also of note, no D3 posts from Smash...when day broke just 30 minutes after this last post.  That said...I think that's around his usual work time, so I can't really find fault in it.

N3/D4 (I think?)

Arsis or PAC are scum bank on it

JIF keep in mind Ive been calling for Wombats lynch since he started sticking up for Darthe it was the perfect play for him to say he stuck up for a townie his mock outrage was pretty evident as I stated above.

Of PAC and Arsis I have a stronger read on arsis

One of them might also be a power role based on the fact neither one of them knew what VT meant when im pretty sure Leelou had to include it in every Vanilla Townie PM due to the Nature of the game.

Derp

Crap I totally missed the PAC NK so now Im going with Arsis as scum

Derp derp

would you please stop APEing it up and act like you been there before ... Oh wait that's right you've never been there before :)

JiF obsessed

told you I missed the damn NK post I was catching up and posting at the same time and missed it.

Don't try to case me JC

I work Midnights so I sleep most of the day and missed the Wombat lynch but I nailed him early on as evidenced by my posts with him at the top of the list based on his outrage of Darthe being unjustly lynched for being an Idiot.

Normal Smash defensive post...but it's normal for town and scum Smash

based on ??

Response to the vote and jump from Lizzie

Thoughts on Smash:

1 -- Avoided both the scum trains, only on the Darthe train...and popped in at a really good time for someone laying low (yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy in this statement from me).  

2 -- Listed Wom as his favorite for scum the night before Lizzie comes out with the guilty on him (who tries to derp it up, but I digress)...then didn't vote Wom.  That said, it was at a time that I'm accustomed to Smash disappearing, I think.  I think it's usually closer to 10, but not sure I want to go with that as an iron clad reason to prove he's scum given that we know he has work around then.

3 -- The Pac derp was interesting....I think the natural reaction is that he clearly didn't have a QT to read before, but I wouldn't clear him based off that.  Some people read the thread before their QT and others (such as myself) have faked a derp moment like that to try and appear more like stupid townie.

4 -- I haven't done a legit ISO in ages, much less one on Smash.  Is he usually this JiF obsessed?  Could possibly chalk it up to the Ape being gone and him being lonely as well.

I'll do a Hallia ISO a bit later -- only 10 posts, so it won't take much time I've just got to get a few things done before coming back to it.

I love playing mafia by yourself.  Good time.

Miss you Crushlove.

Batman + Joker = win?

"I don't need you.  You suck.  I'm batman"

/JiF'd

Bold -- A symp would come up as guilty to a cop, have no NK, and know their teammates but their teammates not know, right?  I don't think that's necessarily redundant.

Italics -- Fair point...his disappearance from the spotlight in the game since D1 reeks, though.  Regardless, we should have a 100% shot at the symp for Hallia, Smash, or Arsis (I'd really doubt Arsis, having been on both scum trains thus far this game, but they were both dead to rights when he voted for them, I believe)

In terms of balance, if you choose to believe that Lizzie and I are telling the truth you've got for town a doc (+1), a cop (+1), and a watcher (+1).  We've discussed a Vig before, and it generally falls as a null power (as most often it ends up hurting town)...though I've seen mods count it as a +1 to both scum (because it hurts town more) or town (because a smart player can hold it til end and have their odds go up in a crucial situation).

For scum, if I'm right, that'd be a GF (-1) and a symp (-1).  That's +1 to town, with 4/13 as scum (just over the 25% number you look for...which sounds right)

Honestly, I get confused with the Symp role.  I feel like there are different variations to the role or maybe I'm getting 2 roles confused with one.  But, what role is it where the scum team is looking to find you, so you're trying to signal to them to join their team?  Is that not a symp?  And a symp is what you described?

Forgot about Hali having no info on too.  At this point, I'm more concerned with Smash, Arsis and Hali than chasing a supposed confirmed townie.

That said, Smash is probably my best bet right now.  Like I said, he's been buddying up to me all game, hasnt been on a single scum lynch and I know he's not a fan of bussing.  I just dont see Hali burying a vote on a teammate day 1.  Why not just bus 80?  And I agree with your on Arsis, he appears town right now.

Smash is probably my favorite...but I'd like for LK to confirm what you've claimed.

Thoughts on Smash:

1 -- Avoided both the scum trains, only on the Darthe train...and popped in at a really good time for someone laying low (yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy in this statement from me).  

2 -- Listed Wom as his favorite for scum the night before Lizzie comes out with the guilty on him (who tries to derp it up, but I digress)...then didn't vote Wom.  That said, it was at a time that I'm accustomed to Smash disappearing, I think.  I think it's usually closer to 10, but not sure I want to go with that as an iron clad reason to prove he's scum given that we know he has work around then.

3 -- The Pac derp was interesting....I think the natural reaction is that he clearly didn't have a QT to read before, but I wouldn't clear him based off that.  Some people read the thread before their QT and others (such as myself) have faked a derp moment like that to try and appear more like stupid townie.

4 -- I haven't done a legit ISO in ages, much less one on Smash.  Is he usually this JiF obsessed?  Could possibly chalk it up to the Ape being gone and him being lonely as well.

Seriously, the biggest thing holding me back on voting Smash is that move placing Pac on his scum list after he was NK'ed.  A calculated head fake?  Man, that would be a sweet move.  For realz.

I'm scum remember

GFY I'm not the Ape.

I know when to admit I was wrong.

Srsly?

I'm the watcher.  Dumbass visited JiF last night for who knows what reason, and is trying to cover up his dumbassery by blind squirreling me.  I watched JC the night before and Hallia N1, before anyone asks.

I took a bad gamble on who scum would kill -- figured they'd go for a sure kill versus out guessing JC.

Only Lizzie can get a confirmed guilty, ignore voting him for the town doc, then somehow investigate JiF over me, Hallia, Arsis, or Smash.

Wombat and LK could have crafted the cop story, although that's a big gambit.

On the other hand AVM has to be legit unless he's working with LK which would mean a scum team of 4 which seems a lot to me.

I guess he could be a scum watcher but that feels very unlikely.

Bold -- A symp would come up as guilty to a cop, have no NK, and know their teammates but their teammates not know, right? 

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/86125-defining-a-role-traitor-and-symp/

^My thoughts on that

Honestly, I get confused with the Symp role.  I feel like there are different variations to the role or maybe I'm getting 2 roles confused with one.  But, what role is it where the scum team is looking to find you, so you're trying to signal to them to join their team?  Is that not a symp?  And a symp is what you described?

Forgot about Hali having no info on too.  At this point, I'm more concerned with Smash, Arsis and Hali than chasing a supposed confirmed townie.

That said, Smash is probably my best bet right now.  Like I said, he's been buddying up to me all game, hasnt been on a single scum lynch and I know he's not a fan of bussing.  I just dont see Hali burying a vote on a teammate day 1.  Why not just bus 80?  And I agree with your on Arsis, he appears town right now.

Smash is probably my favorite...but I'd like for LK to confirm what you've claimed.

I think I've seen it both ways, no?  I remember games where scum didn't even realize they had a symp as well as games where a player was added (and games where the player was a hybrid -- like my Luke role in the first Star Wars game).

Seriously, the biggest thing holding me back on voting Smash is that move placing Pac on his scum list after he was NK'ed.  A calculated head fake?  Man, that would be a sweet move.  For realz.

You can tell as I was going through his posts I thought he reeked with the exception of a couple things giving me pause.  I know I've done it before, Vic did it once or twice, and I feel like someone else has to.  He and I used to use it as a strategy if things were looking bleak.  "Better to look like derp town than smart scum"

GFY I'm not the Ape.

I know when to admit I was wrong.

Wombat and LK could have crafted the cop story, although that's a big gambit.

On the other hand AVM has to be legit unless he's working with LK which would mean a scum team of 4 which seems a lot to me.

I guess he could be a scum watcher but that feels very unlikely.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/86125-defining-a-role-traitor-and-symp/

^My thoughts on that

I considered that, especially with 80 on his team.  But are we then in another game without a cop?  That would be crazy convenient for the 2nd time.

Hallia ISO:

League of Legends is better, it is known.

IT'S WEDNESDAY!

Vote Nolder

Is it wrong that all I can hear is the Jaws theme song when I look at this picture?

Defense of Arsis is noticed.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN.

Between the Wombat/Nolder exchange, I feel Nol came out looking better.

Unvote

Vote Wombat

^^First thing of note, as has been mentioned by others.  Also worth noting is that before this, Wom was throwing suspicion her way.

Exactly, and it reads to me like you're trying to make yourself look good while still getting his lynch off.  It's like padding both sides. 

So post flip, you could make the argument that you were, by the odds, likely town.

<3 Pac will always be #1 in my book

Scary

D2 posts:

Minecraaafffftttt.

Nol can be town.

I think I've seen it both ways, no?  I remember games where scum didn't even realize they had a symp as well as games where a player was added (and games where the player was a hybrid -- like my Luke role in the first Star Wars game).

You can tell as I was going through his posts I thought he reeked with the exception of a couple things giving me pause.  I know I've done it before, Vic did it once or twice, and I feel like someone else has to.  He and I used to use it as a strategy if things were looking bleak.  "Better to look like derp town than smart scum"

This is true.  Very true.

I tend to get hung up on little things that clear people in my mind.  Like Halia's buried vote on Wbat Day 1.  And Smash's Pac move (which is serioulsy the only thing holding me back). 

I'm not very busy today at work.  I'm going to give this game another reread since its only like 20 something pages.  See if anything stands out.

N2 (after Darthe's death)

You can argue that was Darthe did was smart, dumb, but at the end of the day it bagged a scum.  I'm willing to bet that scum was on his lynch before he was killed due to JC's claim.

Disgusting

I disagree.  If he had spoken up then, it could've gone differently with us possibly lynching the actual doc, or Darthe, leaving the chance that the real doc could've been nightkilled.  I think what Darthe did worked out mainly because he didn't automatically cc. (Or would that be ccc? :lol: )

2 days later and I still can't believe anyone defended Darthe's play

D3 posts

Vote Wombat

Finally shows up after a cop guilty

I do tend to ask lots of questions normally, but that is often in more advanced games, like with cults. With this being a fairly basic game I'm much more comfortable, so I move away from questions and make more statements

ORLY?

unvote vote Hallia

Hali isnt a heavy poster in any game, so no offense, I really cant remember her style...but isnt she the question asking player?  Nolderp, can you help with some meta on her?

She's fairly new to the game, I think? -- but by her own admission yes...she's the question asking player usually.  I'd be interested to hear if Nol has anything to add from her DM gameplay.

Archived