Jets \ Colts -- Game Day Thread (Preseason Week One)

Maxman

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So wait, I critique the Jets and that's wrong. I shouldn't do that lol I think Vick is doing well and that's wrong also, and I shouldn't do that ( insert huge belly laugh now ) seriously I'm a fan on a public site ( this isn't a koombaya site right? ) and I'm giving my opinion. Why are you trying to micro critique what I'm thinking? Are you watching the game?

Um... what?  WTF are you talking about?  I'm not even busting your balls, this is a serious question, because none of what you wrote here makes any sense at all.

I freely acknowledged that Vick did better than Geno, but simply pointed out my opinion (OMG, other people have them too!) why an 11-year sh*tty passer outperforming a second-year player the Jets obviously want to start isn't necessarily such a great thing.

Um... what? WTF are you talking about? I'm not even busting your balls, this is a serious question, because none of what you wrote here makes any sense at all.

I freely acknowledged that Vick did better than Geno, but simply pointed out my opinion (OMG, other people have them too!) why an 11-year sh*tty passer outperforming a second-year player the Jets obviously want to start isn't necessarily such a great thing.

Being serious now ( just for a minute ) if Geno was " the guy " from the start they would have never brought in Vick IMO. They would have brought in a different fit as a backup qb. You don't see Vick coming in games and rallying the offense? I do, and that's not good if you're saying it's genos job to lose ( like Rex did)

It puts a lot of pressure on geno and we will see how he handles it. But qb controversy is never good for a second year semi sh*tty qb

I don't know, we'll see about that. I'm not even defending Geno, but I think you're just overrating Vick based on a single preseason drive. The guy's had one good season as a passer in his 11 year career, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that to suddenly change. If Vick continues to be the better passer throughout the preseason than so be it, but I guess I don't see that as anything to be excited about, because it's already been long since established how little that's really worth.

Vick does nothing for the Jets. Nothing. He's not a QB who carries a team and this roster certainly isn't Super Bowl caliber just needing a vet QB like the early Rex days. Even if he stayed healthy, wasnt a turnover machine and the Jets sneak in, it means nothing. Might as well see what the kids got...a couple of drives in the first preseason game doesn't change that. The concept that it should is ridiculous.

The best part of this nonsense is that he played fine. His best throw there was a penalty which pretty much killed the drive. You don't overreact and abort mission. It's the F'ing preseason.

I know it's a cold business but how do the Jets give out #24? Patterson looks nothing like the old #24

Who ******* cares what number they wear? Lame.

It's not like the best CB in the NFL wanted to play here or anything like that. 

Never happened. Never was going to happen. Put a sock in it.

Don't know what the hell Rex is smiling about. If this is the kind of crap effort he finds acceptable it will be a long season for the Jets and may be a short one for him.

Preseason game 1. He, unlike some of the upright queefs in this thread, understands this game is 1.) meaningless and 2.) for working out the kinks.

Vick looks unstoppable. I am impressed. Too bad he will never start

3/6 for 17 yards and 3 rushes for 19? Okay. LOL

Tyrod Taylor is 7/9 for 58 yards and has 3 rushes for 44 yards.

Like its really Ryan's decision who starts...

^^^^^^ Figured you'd be the first to start with the excuse making.

Lol :rl: nothing's Rex's fault /idzik

Bingo.

This ******* thread is shameful. I can't believe life-long football fans, who have probably invested huge amounts of time in their life at the expense of other more important things, are reacting to the first 2 quarters of preseason football like this.

I'm embarrassed for you. Good grief. 

Who ******* cares what number they wear? Lame.

Never happened. Never was going to happen. Put a sock in it.

Preseason game 1. He, unlike some of the upright queefs in this thread, understands this game is 1.) meaningless and 2.) for working out the kinks.

3/6 for 17 yards and 3 rushes for 19? Okay. LOL

Tyrod Taylor is 7/9 for 58 yards and has 3 rushes for 44 yards.

^^^^^^ Figured you'd be the first to start with the excuse making.

Bingo.

It's a couple of drives in the preseason. I'm sorry I'm not throwing up a white (rainbow) flag and giving up on everything.

This ******* thread is shameful. I can't believe life-long football fans, who have probably invested huge amounts of time in their life at the expense of other more important things, are reacting to the first 2 quarters of preseason football like this.

I could probably be spot on thinking this for me and bugg that we could care less what you think. Stop whining

He mad.

Being serious now ( just for a minute ) if Geno was " the guy " from the start they would have never brought in Vick IMO. They would have brought in a different fit as a backup qb. You don't see Vick coming in games and rallying the offense? I do, and that's not good if you're saying it's genos job to lose ( like Rex did)

It puts a lot of pressure on geno and we will see how he handles it. But qb controversy is never good for a second year semi sh*tty qb

Haha, ok then.

I agree Geno has not proven a damn thing and nothing should be assumed about him, and that at least to a certain extent, Vick's presence supports that.  And if this keeps up, I don't disagree that it should be the best man winning the job.  I just think the Jets would be better off if Geno got his sh*t together, stepped up his game, and outperformed Vick (with Geno playing better, not Vick playing worse).  Vick is a known quantity and I've never been impressed with him, so I'd rather he be the Jets second best QB, not their best, especially when you consider his age and health issues.  That of course doesn't mean it will work out that way, but I just think it will be far better for the Jets if it does.

Unfortunately, the odds seem most likely that they're both gonna suck and the team will be starting over at QB in less than a year from now.  After all, this is the Jets we're talking about.

It's a couple of drives in the preseason. I'm sorry I'm not throwing up a white (rainbow) flag and giving up on everything.

I give you credit for that. I still think you are a pussy for implying that Rex isn't determining who starts, that comment has nothing to do with the "giving up on the season" sentiment.

I could probably be spot on thinking this for me and bugg that we could care less what you think. Stop whining

Yeah, I'm whining. LMFAO how old are you, you are like my grandfather's age aren't you? I'm mocking you, you old fart for sounding like a pre-teen girl over 15 minutes of meaningless football. 

He mad.

Not mad, more like appropriately condescending. 

I give you credit for that. I still think you are a pussy for implying that Rex isn't determining who starts, that comment has nothing to do with the "giving up on the season" sentiment.

Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah, I'm whining. LMFAO how old are you, you are like my grandfather's age aren't you? I'm mocking you, you old fart for sounding like a pre-teen girl over 15 minutes of meaningless football.

Not mad, more like appropriately condescending.

Omg you really got me there. First you whine and cry and then you make clueless dimwitted accusations. Lol you mad bro?

He obviously has some say in the matter but when you're a guy with only one year left on your contract, you're pretty much going to do what your boss tells you to do.  Besides, the smart decision is going with Geno...so it doesnt matter either way.  Like I said, a couple of drives in the first preseason game doesnt change that.

Omg you really got me there. First you whine and cry and then you make clueless dimwitted accusations. Lol you mad bro?

Clueless and dimwitted? Struck that nerve.

I don't get mad fella... find a way to get over it.

Archived