Will Rex get the axe, Idzick get the door, both gtfo or both stay???

CobraVerde

Will Rex get the axe, Idzick get the door, both gtfo or both stay???  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex get the axe, Idzick get the door, both gtfo or both stay???

• Fire Rex
    • Fire Idzick
    • Both fired
    • Both stay

No way they fire the Idzidiot after 2 years but Rectum Rex is gone at the break...

"Build through the draft" being your mantra and a draft with 12 picks and you have 3 playing....   24M in cap room on a team with holes and you do not fill them...  Has to go

One additional item for the Idzik returning without Rex camp:  The D as currently constructed has pieces that would be useful in any system.  Harris contract is coming up and he is a guy that might be more 3-4 scheme specific.  Rex needs man corners.  They don't have any, but could probably hire into some cheaper guys that are less scheme specific.  That may be another reason he was so against adding guys with years on their deals instead of Dmitri Patterson.  The D is borderline set - add a corner or two, the O needs a ton of bodies.  I am not sure why they did not concentrate on adding more offensive pieces, but I guess maybe Idzik believed in Johnson more than the rest of us and thought his sh*tty draft picks might hit.  

One additional item for the Idzik returning without Rex camp:  The D as currently constructed has pieces that would be useful in any system.  Harris contract is coming up and he is a guy that might be more 3-4 scheme specific.  Rex needs man corners.  They don't have any, but could probably hire into some cheaper guys that are less scheme specific.  That may be another reason he was so against adding guys with years on their deals instead of Dmitri Patterson.  The D is borderline set - add a corner or two, the O needs a ton of bodies.  I am not sure why they did not concentrate on adding more offensive pieces, but I guess maybe Idzik believed in Johnson more than the rest of us and thought his sh*tty draft picks might hit.  

I thought we should have came away with at least two backs. We have no one in the barn that's capable of coming on later in the season with fresh leagues that could explode. That's how you groom backs...bringing in Johnson made zero sense and he'd probably be cut already if he was someone else.

As much as I'd generally prefer running a 4-3 scheme, we really don't have the pieces for it. Guys like Ellis and Harrison have no place in a 4-3, D Davis is the only LB on the roster athletic enough to play in a 4-3, and I guess Mo and Sheldon could play DT in a 4-3 (although Mo has more value playing as a 3-4 DE), and we have nobody who can play 4-3 DE besides maybe Coples. So, we'd need (at least) 1 starting DE and 2 starting LBs to switch to a 4-3 scheme (which, again, I prefer to the 3-4).

Archived