What did you expect from yesterday?

Freemanm

Everyone is saying how yesterday's loss was this big disgrace. Seriously, wasn't it pretty obvious that the Jets were going to get blown out yesterday, given that they have no secondary. They did put up 17 pts. though, which I didn't expect, and Amaro finally started to have some sort of impact. Geno also had two TD throws, which, I guess, is a positive. Couldn't run the ball because Denver stacked the box and challenged Geno and the scrub receivers to beat them, and obviously, they couldn't.

The loss really was the direct result of Idzik dropping the ball with CBs in the offseason and not getting enough receivers. Kerley, Nelson and Salas should go immediately, I say. They have up on routes yesterday and weren't very good to begin with.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is saying how yesterday's loss was this big disgrace. Seriously, wasn't it pretty obvious that the Jets were going to get blown out yesterday, given that they have no secondary. They did put up 17 pts. though, which I didn't expect, and Amaro finally started to have some sort of impact. Geno also had two TD throws, which, I guess, is a positive. Couldn't run the ball because Denver stacked the box and challenged Geno and the scrub receivers to beat them, and obviously, they couldn't.

The loss really was the direct result of Idzik dropping the ball with CBs in the offseason and not getting enough receivers. Kerley, Nelson and Salas should go immediately, I say. They have up on routes yesterday and weren't very good to begin with.

I expected to get blown out in embarrassing fashion.  I was thinking like 40's+ to something in the teens.  The Jets played their asses off.  There is no quit on this team.  You got to respect that.  It's not easy knowing every single week that you're nowhere near as good as your opponent when you take the field.  The last thing I expected was basically a TD loss with multiple chances to tie the game and the only difference was a muffed punt...especially if you told me the Jets would run for 10 yards and give up 100+.

It was a good effort vs. more than likely the winner of the AFC.  On paper, this is the most lopsided game they will play.  They're infinitely more talented than the Jets at literally every single position on the field.  It's a shame.  Another game they really had a shot at winning vs. a much superior opponent.  

But this is what you get. You're a young team, with very little talent and the worst QB in the league.  They dont know how to win.  And how can you expect them to?  For the 2nd year in a row, you have street FA's who they picked up off waivers a couple of weeks ago or UDFA's playing a huge role week to week.   Its like trotting out the replacements vs. the rest of the league's regular rosters.  Cant win.

There's alot of stuff we can blame on Rex Ryan, Dee Milliner's injury is not really one of them. He's always injured.

rex should not have exposed his top CB to unnecessary risk of injury given his history and jets lack of depth in secondary. extra point. it is even more pointless than putting sanchez into the snoopy bowl.

I expected to get blown out in embarrassing fashion.  I was thinking like 40's+ to something in the teens.  The Jets played their asses off.  There is no quit on this team.  You got to respect that.  It's not easy knowing every single week that you're nowhere near as good as your opponent when you take the field.  The last thing I expected was basically a TD loss with multiple chances to tie the game and the only difference was a muffed punt...especially if you told me the Jets would run for 10 yards and give up 100+.

It was a good effort vs. more than likely the winner of the AFC.  On paper, this is the most lopsided game they will play.  They're infinitely more talented than the Jets at literally every single position on the field.  It's a shame.  Another game they really had a shot at winning vs. a much superior opponent.  

But this is what you get. You're a young team, with very little talent and the worst QB in the league.  They dont know how to win.  And how can you expect them to?  For the 2nd year in a row, you have street FA's who they picked up off waivers a couple of weeks ago or UDFA's playing a huge role week to week.   Its like trotting out the replacements vs. the rest of the league's regular rosters.  Cant win.

Pretty much this.  I expected a total route.  The worst CB's and the worst QB in the league against one of the best teams in the

league, not a good combo.

The D played hard and gave them a chance to tie in the end

Let me guess where this thread is going....all Idziks fault no weapons.....how did tony sparano and Oakland do yesterday against the team that intimidated us off the feild last week? How bout Petine and allllll his weapons putting up 30 every week?....202 yards of offense in 2014 NFL is laughable

I thought Geno played well. He's a different player with Decker.

Imagine if he had a few more weapons, I think he'd be very good.

That I put on Rex, drafting 6 straight defensive first rounders is a joke.

Its a shame.  This was the year to surround the kid with talent and get a true assessment of if he's got the goods.  You cant get an accurate analysis throwing to Greg Salas and TJ Graham.  While Geno looks absolutely terrible...who knows?  Maybe he'd be ok if had guys who could get open and catch the ball.

Pretty much this.  I expected a total route.  The worst CB's and the worst QB in the league against one of the best teams in the

league, not a good combo.

The D played hard and gave them a chance to tie in the end

The front 7 is nasty.  The secondary is the worst in the league.  Could you imagine how different this D would look with at the very least, a mediocre secondary that hold just a second longer in coverage and I dont know, maybe break up a play or 2?

Its a shame.  This was the year to surround the kid with talent and get a true assessment of if he's got the goods.  You cant get an accurate analysis throwing to Greg Salas and TJ Graham.  While Geno looks absolutely terrible...who knows?  Maybe he'd be ok if had guys who could get open and catch the ball.

The front 7 is nasty.  The secondary is the worst in the league.  Could you imagine how different this D would look with at the very least, a mediocre secondary that hold just a second longer in coverage and I dont know, maybe break up a play or 2?

No.

Agreed. Not sure he'd be "very" good, but better than worst in the league is achievable.

I just feel so bad for Rex , I mean how is a coach supposed to compete without 22 hall of famers in their prime starting?...a total injustice

This is reduction to absurdity. He doesn't need 22 HOF'ers. He's coaching the league's cheapest roster. Don't forget that. 

We are too close to the fire to see what's actually happening but people inside the league know that Rex is doing a hell of a job with a terrible roster. a game like yesterday, where REx uses smoke and mirrors to get Peyton Manning to go 3 and out many many times in the first half, actually helps his resume. Believe it or not. Rex Ryan's defense is the only above average part of this organization, from top to bottom. 

I thought Geno was okay -- but okay is not going to beat a team like Denver.  There are certain teams (and Denver is one of them) where you need to be able to score 27+ to have a reasonable chance to win.  Defense played pretty well and they still scored 24 (not counting the meaningless pick 6 at the end).  QB play may not have been the reason they lost this game, but sometimes the QB needs to be the reason you win a game and I don't see Geno being able to do that.  I had high hopes for him at the beginning of the season, but now, I think his upside is an average NFL QB and that may be a reach.  10 more games to prove he can be average (or better with some weapons), but I don't think it will happen.

This is reduction to absurdity. He doesn't need 22 HOF'ers. He's coaching the league's cheapest roster. Don't forget that. 

We are too close to the fire to see what's actually happening but people inside the league know that Rex is doing a hell of a job with a terrible roster. a game like yesterday, where REx uses smoke and mirrors to get Peyton Manning to go 3 and out many many times in the first half, actually helps his resume. Believe it or not. Rex Ryan's defense is the only above average part of this organization, from top to bottom. 

Please provide the quotes from the people "inside" the NFL who say that Rex is doing "a hell of a job" this year. Would love to see who these people are.

dallas and Philly to name 2 are playing better defense than us with half the talent...Dallas was predicted to have maybe the worst defense in a decade before the season started

Rex's next interview:

Team: So Rex, I saw that first half of the Broncos game last year. Several 3 and outs you forced there in the first half. Very impressive. Your jib seems to be just the cut that we need on this team. Please name your price.

Rex: Defense, it is what I do. Oh, and in that contract, I will need someone to make my bed.

Team:Wouldn't have it any other way.

Please provide the quotes from the people "inside" the NFL who say that Rex is doing "a hell of a job" this year. Would love to see who these people are.

That’s what NFLN “insider” Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. “…There is no litmus test as far as saying Rex needs to make the playoffs and then he’ll be able to keep his job,”

Rapoport said. He also reported that last season a “fear” existed within the Jets organization that if Woody Johnson fired Ryan, someone else would hire him and that team would start winning.

“That fear still exists,” Rapoport said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/raissman-review-fun-jets-expense-article-1.1972173

dallas and Philly to name 2 are playing better defense than us with half the talent...Dallas was predicted to have maybe the worst defense in a decade before the season started

defense doesn't happen in a vacuum. the Jets offense goes 3 and out all day and eventually the defense breaks down.

THe Broncos didn't panic down 7-3,  why? cause they believe in their QB. 

the Jets don't believe in their ability to win games, cause the QB is awful. 

was closer than i thought it would be. but rex having his CB1 in on an extra point attempt... it's inexcusable.

I'm no MD, but I do believe, unless someone corrects me, that if someone suffers a non-contact injury, that it's highly likely that it was coming either way.  It'd be one thing if he got blown up on the play, but he essentially took a step and fell.

Milliner is glass.  Shame.  But, I think he's done.

That’s what NFLN “insider” Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. “…There is no litmus test as far as saying Rex needs to make the playoffs and then he’ll be able to keep his job,”

Rapoport said. He also reported that last season a “fear” existed within the Jets organization that if Woody Johnson fired Ryan, someone else would hire him and that team would start winning.

“That fear still exists,” Rapoport said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/raissman-review-fun-jets-expense-article-1.1972173

A reporter is your "NFL Insider"? lololololol

And no where in that quote does it state the "job that Rex is doing this" year. Most of the article is mocking the jets and how awful they are.

You are pushing limits here

What did I expect?  Based on what we've seen this season, much worse.

What did I hope for?  Good play out of young players and measurable improvement.  A reason to think that despite playing a much better team, we were poised to make a move in the not too distant future because of our young core of guys.

What did I get?  Reinforcement that this team is still a long way away, with little to be optimistic about.  Little, being some steady improvement from Amaro.

defense doesn't happen in a vacuum. the Jets offense goes 3 and out all day and eventually the defense breaks down.

THe Broncos didn't panic down 7-3,  why? cause they believe in their QB. 

Discipline does not happen in a vacuum either. What idiot does not coach his team, in a clutch situation that Manning will try and pull you off sides with cadence. 

And, this was just after a time out. Of course Rex does not remind his crew, and sure enough, it happens.

A JOKE

How come Rex's defense can't stop a 2 minute drill... Ever?

THe Broncos didn't panic down 7-3, why? cause they believe in their QB.

rex always burdened with the worst QB play in the league.

I'm no MD, but I do believe, unless someone corrects me, that if someone suffers a non-contact injury, that it's highly likely that it was coming either way.  It'd be one thing if he got blown up on the play, but he essentially took a step and fell.

Milliner is glass.  Shame.  But, I think he's done.

It was probably inevitable. But with the total lack of depth, you can't use your cover guys on special teams.

It was probably inevitable. But with the total lack of depth, you can't use your cover guys on special teams.

Probably true.  I just think the blame game has gotten out of hand.  I'm all for firing Rex, and I'd even be fine with a full restart, getting rid of Idzik, but reading things like Pettine is the reason Rex was ever successful on defense, and things have just gotten way too far out of hand.

Archived