What did you expect from yesterday?

Freemanm

So, I totally get that Rex can't win with such a cheapo roster as provided by the nefarious Idzik. What I don't get is why Rex also didn't win for the prior two years with such an expensive roster as provided by the free spending Mike Tannenbaum?

No Peyton, obv

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without naming names then, what position (title) was this person, and what did he say that Rex was doing particularly well with this squad?

And, Terry Bradway does not count as as an objective commenter. 

He is a scout and he said what I said before that everyone knows he's out performing his roster. 

look at last year for example the Jets were miserable in turnover differential and they ended up 8-8, despite having what looked to the computers like a 5 win team. 

He did.  They were 8-5 going into Xmas Eve before Sanchez happened in 2011.  Its been downhill since that Giants game.

I think the QB has something to do with it.  Just a guess.

The schedule had a lot to do with that year as well.  Just as it does this year.  Yes, they were 8-5, but more difficult games were ahead of them.  Just like this year, they're 1-5, if after the Pats, they start winning games, it's likely because the difficult part of the schedule is done.  Now, if you flipped this season, you'd call it a collapse.

Of course the QB has everything to do with it, and give Rex a great QB and he'd be fine.  But, you could also say that about every coach who's ever made it to the NFL level.

The schedule had a lot to do with that year as well.  Just as it does this year.  Yes, they were 8-5, but more difficult games were ahead of them.  Just like this year, they're 1-5, if after the Pats, they start winning games, it's likely because the difficult part of the schedule is done.  Now, if you flipped this season, you'd call it a collapse.

Of course the QB has everything to do with it, and give Rex a great QB and he'd be fine.  But, you could also say that about every coach who's ever made it to the NFL level.

This is true.  But you never know with the whole swap the schedule thingy.  Toward the end of the season, teams could get injured or healthy, you could be playing better ball and just be better prepared for those tough games.  

Its the never ending Jets circle of sh*t.  Blame the Head Coach but it doesnt matter because the franchise cant find a QB.  And that's all the matters, really.  Until that day, the Head Coach wont matter. 

He is a scout and he said what I said before that everyone knows he's out performing his roster. 

look at last year for example the Jets were miserable in turnover differential and they ended up 8-8, despite having what looked to the computers like a 5 win team. 

So, those "computers" that had the Jets at 6-7 wins this year, how are they feeling about the job Rex has done?

This is true.  But you never know with the whole swap the schedule thingy.  Toward the end of the season, teams could get injured or healthy, you could be playing better ball and just be better prepared for those tough games.  

Its the never ending Jets circle of sh*t.  Blame the Head Coach but it doesnt matter because the franchise cant find a QB.  And that's all the matters, really.  Until that day, the Head Coach wont matter. 

There is a saying that I firmly believe in, that applies here....

If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.

Do you think Rex is a part of the solution in "finding" a franchise QB?

he doesn't work for the Jets.

That’s what NFLN "insider" Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. "…There is no litmus test as far as saying Rex needs to make the playoffs and then he’ll be able to keep his job," Rapoport said. He also reported that last season a "fear" existed within the Jets organization that if Woody Johnson fired Ryan, someone else would hire him and that team would start winning. "That fear still exists," Rapoport said.

I believe Bitonti's source, scout whatever he was.  Woody had one respected defensive mind walk away from him and win multiple Super Bowls with another team.  Even though Rex has had his ups and downs, the owner couldn't stand having the same thing happen to him again.  He'd rather have Rex apply the lessons he's learned from his early years to the Jets instead of going to another team and having his good years there.

I believe Bitonti's source, scout whatever he was.  Woody had one respected defensive mind walk away from him and win multiple Super Bowls with another team.  Even though Rex has had his ups and downs, the owner couldn't stand having the same thing happen to him again.  He'd rather have Rex apply the lessons he's learned from his early years to the Jets instead of going to another team and having his good years there.

I believe Bit was the one who said the Jets offered Pettine the HC position but he turned it down because he thought he owed his career to Rex.

Klecko did it all the ******* time throughout his career in every situation..

And, it was undisciplined. In that case, you had a player that had a proclivity of doing it, based on the want to anticipate and explode.

Here, we had Coples, who just appeared to be perplexed that Manning would hard count him into a penalty. That is a product of not being prepared

That’s what NFLN “insider” Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. “…There is no litmus test as far as saying Rex needs to make the playoffs and then he’ll be able to keep his job,”

Rapoport said. He also reported that last season a “fear” existed within the Jets organization that if Woody Johnson fired Ryan, someone else would hire him and that team would start winning.

“That fear still exists,” Rapoport said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/raissman-review-fun-jets-expense-article-1.1972173

I hate Rex. HATE. But I think if Atlanta picks him up, he could do bigthings there. He's turn that defense around and with a franchise QB in place. Big things. Seriously. I think he will land there.

I hate Rex. HATE. But I think if Atlanta picks him up, he could do bigthings there. He's turn that defense around and with a franchise QB in place. Big things. Seriously. I think he will land there.

Nope. Might get the Rams gig, though. A good DL already in place, and he can keep his buddy Brian Schottenheimer around to waste their offensive talent

Archived