2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's possible that this is just what he is, and what he did last year was the outlier. We should have moved him then.

Or you can move him, Calderon and a 2nd rd pick for Goran Dragic. Dragic listed lakers, Knicks and heat as the teams he wants to be traded to. Lakers are in same boat as Knicks they have limited assets and can't trade their first.

Or you can move him, Calderon and a 2nd rd pick for Goran Dragic. Dragic listed lakers, Knicks and heat as the teams he wants to be traded to. Lakers are in same boat as Knicks they have limited assets and can't trade their first.

Dragic would be such a Dolan esque move...

Dragic would be such a Dolan esque move...

This.

Trying to trade for Dragic now would be so stupid.  The NYK can't trade a 1st until 2018.  They don't have a 2nd rounder until 2019.  Stupid trades giving up draft picks have killed the Knicks.

Sign-and-trades are no longer allowed under the CBA so Dragic is guaranteed to be a FA next year.  He can re-sign with whatever team he is traded for, but that will be decided in July.

This isn't a Melo situation because there was an impending lockout and CBA uncertainty.  Dragic is going to be a FA.  There is absolutely no reason for a 10-43 team to trade for him.  In fact, trading for him now will kill the Knicks because (1) it will impact their draft position (the only way to truly get better) and (2) may turn-off Dragic with all the losing.

This.

Trying to trade for Dragic now would be so stupid. The NYK can't trade a 1st until 2018. They don't have a 2nd rounder until 2019. Stupid trades giving up draft picks have killed the Knicks.

Sign-and-trades are no longer allowed under the CBA so Dragic is guaranteed to be a FA next year. He can re-sign with whatever team he is traded for, but that will be decided in July.

This isn't a Melo situation because there was an impending lockout and CBA uncertainty. Dragic is going to be a FA. There is absolutely no reason for a 10-43 team to trade for him. In fact, trading for him now will kill the Knicks because (1) it will impact their draft position (the only way to truly get better) and (2) may turn-off Dragic with all the losing.

Ok, Knicks are still guaranteed to resign Dragic anyway because they can offer the full max other teams can't and they can do that after signing Gasol or Aldridge in the summer. Nobody is saying trade the 1st for him although Gasol or Aldridge are a helluva lot more likely to come here if we have a real point guard.

Dragic would be the best pg the Knicks have had since Mark Jackson.

Ok, Knicks are still guaranteed to resign Dragic anyway because they can offer the full max other teams can't and they can do that after signing Gasol or Aldridge in the summer. Nobody is saying trade the 1st for him although Gasol or Aldridge are a helluva lot more likely to come here if we have a real point guard.

Dragic would be the best pg the Knicks have had since Mark Jackson.

I definitely want Dragic, I just don't see the need for a 10-43 team to trade for him simply so they can entice him to take more money with a full max.

Knicks can sign Dragic without giving up any assets or alienate him while he trudges through the next 3 months on a losing team without Melo.

I definitely want Dragic, I just don't see the need for a 10-43 team to trade for him simply so they can entice him to take more money with a full max.

Knicks can sign Dragic without giving up any assets or alienate him while he trudges through the next 3 months on a losing team without Melo.

The problem with what your saying is the Knicks won't have enough space to sign both dragic and Gasol or Aldridge in the offseason.

Trade for Dragic, start Langston Galloway at the 2 and pair up Okafor or Towns with Melo, Gasol or Aldridge in the front court. Our backcourt can burn anyone and we can still overpower and outmuscle teams in the paint.

YES, Melo is out for the season.  FINALLY!!!

The problem with what your saying is the Knicks won't have enough space to sign both dragic and Gasol or Aldridge in the offseason.

Trade for Dragic, start Langston Galloway at the 2 and pair up Okafor or Towns with Melo, Gasol or Aldridge in the front court. Our backcourt can burn anyone and we can still overpower and outmuscle teams in the paint.

With only $34 million committed next year I believe the NYK can sign both Gasol/Aldridge and Dragic without a trade for him.

If he isn't ready by the start of camp next year Jax has to go. Just some seriously bizarre sh*t. Preach team and winning and ******* whatever the hell else and then this. Jesus.

Agreed.  There was absolutely no reason to let him keep playing if the timetable was 4 to 6 months.  That's insane.

I'm iffy on Dragic, but he's probably the best player to legit hit free agency in the next twelve month period. No way Aldridge leaves what he's built in Portland and Gasol went to freaking HS in Memphis, he's not leaving. If anyone has heard Durant the last handful of months, the only thing he cares about is winning, he's not going anywhere to rebuild. I could see back to DC with wall. Dragic might legit be the best option this summer. Kinda sh*tty. Just have to slam dunk the draft and build from there.

The Knicks shouldnt be looking to spend this offseason on anything other than role guys. Robin Lopez would be a decent move....Dragic would be dumb. No, no, no. Pray to god you land Okafor, swallow next year as another lost season, tank the following year for another pick...and then you get down to business. Free agent splashes when you dont have a franchise piece in place just end up hurting you more than helping.

I'm iffy on Dragic, but he's probably the best player to legit hit free agency in the next twelve month period. No way Aldridge leaves what he's built in Portland and Gasol went to freaking HS in Memphis, he's not leaving. If anyone has heard Durant the last handful of months, the only thing he cares about is winning, he's not going anywhere to rebuild. I could see back to DC with wall. Dragic might legit be the best option this summer. Kinda sh*tty. Just have to slam dunk the draft and build from there.

That's it. Really. Just. Rebuild. What the **** is the problem? What is so hard about accomplishing this? Acquire assets. Don't hand out max deals. And protect picks.

It's like the NBA version of: Maintain eye contact. Establish dominance.

YES, Melo is out for the season. FINALLY!!!

With only $34 million committed next year I believe the NYK can sign both Gasol/Aldridge and Dragic without a trade for him.

No.

You have to add the league minimum salary for every slot in a 12-man roster not currently filled by a player under contract. The current cba has the league minimum at $507,000. There are currently 7 players under contract for next year leaving 5 spots open so multiply 500,000 by 5 and add that to the original cap number which is $36,682,342 not $34,000,000.

Then there is the actual cap which is currently at $63 million. If it's increased to liberally say by 7.5% to 67 million next year the Knicks wind up with around $27,000,000 in cap space. Salary Max is $16 million for an nba player with 7 or more years in the league which Aldridge already has and Gasol will have by the summer. So the numbers don't work

1,000% chance he throws in 2018.

That's just a given. What I'm looking forward to is when Phoenix demands we re-acquire Shumpert to include in the deal just to watch Phil chase his tail. We have to get rid of him. We just have to. It's bad enough he doesn't have a ******* clue what he's doing. It's worse that everybody he spent twenty years sh*tting on while winning championships for somebody else knows he doesn't know what he's doing and is looking for payback.

Broussard reporting we're offering Hardaway and Calderon for Dragic. Which means bye bye Okafor and we're tying up the cap with Melo and Dragic as our two max players. Winning basketball, here we come. ****in sh*t man. Jesus.

How ******* idiotic

OK, OK, there's 1 hr and 6 minutes for this not to happen.  I'm trying to be calm here.  I'm just mesmerized that Jax could be this stupid.  Trading for Dragic now makes no sense.

It's a ******* 10 win team!!!!

Just get the most ping pongs and move on.  WTF?

Oh, and Calderon and Hardaway are practicing. Dragic is not.

I don't think it matters at this point. The fact that this is confirmed as even an effort says enough. He's trying to move the last two assets left on the roster for a guy WHO HE CAN SIGN WHEN THE ******* SEASON IS OVER WHAT THE **** I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS

I don't think it matters at this point. The fact that this is confirmed as even an effort says enough. He's trying to move the last two assets left on the roster for a guy WHO HE CAN SIGN WHEN THE ******* SEASON IS OVER WHAT THE **** I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.  Assuming Broussard is right but the trade doesn't happen, NYK got lucky.  Jax has been lucky his whole life.

This trade effort is asinine. 

It's just astonishing that he's managed to blow this. It really is. Even with a roster totally devoid of assets, 2015 space is solid gold with the cap ballooning in 2016. You can actually get good players to sign one-year deals because they want in on the TV money, and since there's no escalation on the cap hold you can spend more next summer and then go over the top resigning the 2015 free agents. And we're screwing this up somehow. It can't be real. It's not even possible for Phil to be this big a dummy. He has to be a beard. Dolan is spending twelve million dollars a year purely to avoid getting called an idiot by everybody in the whole world for bringing Isiah back. That has to be what's happening here.

It's just astonishing that he's managed to blow this. It really is. Even with a roster totally devoid of assets, 2015 space is solid gold with the cap ballooning in 2016. You can actually get good players to sign one-year deals because they want in on the TV money, and since there's no escalation on the cap hold you can spend more next summer and then go over the top resigning the 2015 free agents. And we're screwing this up somehow. It can't be real. It's not even possible for Phil to be this big a dummy. He has to be a beard. Dolan is spending twelve million dollars a year purely to avoid getting called an idiot by everybody in the whole world for bringing Isiah back. That has to be what's happening here.

We have 43 minutes to be saved from this insanity.  I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that (1) Jax isn't this stupid, or (2) the basketball gods are going to save him from his stupidity and the trade doesn't happen.

On a side note, Melo had his surgery today.  They weren't playing in getting it done.  He's gone for the next 6 months and the lottery pick can be the face of the franchise.

Impossible. Dragic is white. Gotta be someone more sinister. Alex Delarge or something.

We have 43 minutes to be saved from this insanity.  I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that (1) Jax isn't this stupid, or (2) the basketball gods are going to save him from his stupidity and the trade doesn't happen.

I think the sliver of hope is that Sarver is even more of an egotistical megalomaniac than Phil is.

Archived