2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Knicks fans overrating shumpert. We're lucky we got someone to take jr smith's stupid contract. Shumpert is a free agent after this season if he's so good you can get him back.

Shump was occasionally a good defender and below average offensively. I dunno how Phil was supposed to get goran dragon or Lamarckism Aldridge for him but ok.

The chandler trade was Phil putting up the white flag and zeroing in on a top 3 pick. Calderon is garbage I really hope he's not the starting pg next year

The problem with this take is that the Knicks had a chance to trade Shump to OKC last year for a 1st but Jax turned it down (he was consulted on deal and said he lijed Shump).

Also, Jax made the Chandler deal BEFORE he waived white flag. He called them a playoff team after that deal. The white flag didn't come until much later.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what happens when a retired coach tries to run a franchise from his iPad in Malibu in between bong hits. Every deal Jackson has made so far reeks of absolute laziness and disinterest. Isola summarized it pretty well on ESPN radio the other day when he compared Jackson's returns to what other teams pulled in for Mozgov, etc.

Btw, every time Carmelo says that he's playing in the All Star Game for "duh fanz," I'd like to see him produce a testimonial from one fan that actually wants Melo to play in the ASG. The guy is as delusional as Chris Morris.

Melo's quotes sound like Goodells.

The problem with this take is that the Knicks had a chance to trade Shump to OKC last year for a 1st but Jax turned it down (he was consulted on deal and said he lijed Shump).

Also, Jax made the Chandler deal BEFORE he waived white flag. He called them a playoff team after that deal. The white flag didn't come until much later.

Did the same sh*t with Hardaway too. In hindsight not moving both when they were both worth firsts is looking preeeeeeeetty dumb.

Who cares what he says publicly what's he supposed to do "guys were trying to win 10 games next year so we can have our first #1 pick since the mid-80's."

Getting rid of JR dumb contract > ok city 1st round pick which would end up being somewhere between 17-20

so I had to look at some highlight reels of dunk contest dunks over the years

can't believe I missed howards insane self-oop tap it off the backboard with your left hand and dunk it with your right

just insane

but vince carters reverse 225 is just off the charts athletically.  rotating the opposite way like that, just stupid sick

so I had to look at some highlight reels of dunk contest dunks over the years

can't believe I missed howards insane self-oop tap it off the backboard with your left hand and dunk it with your right

just insane

but vince carters reverse 225 is just off the charts athletically. rotating the opposite way like that, just stupid sick

The greatest dunk ever in the history of basketball was when Carter cleared Frederic Weis's head in the 2000 Olympics.

Yes, the Frederic Weis Checketts drafted over Ron Artest.

Amare was one of the worst signings in team history, done out of desperation when other, better, FAs spurned the Knicks. 

The only thing keeping Melo's extension from being in the same category is the cap explosion coming in 2016 so his contract would not matter.  Amare was an albatross for 4 of 5 years and the Knicks could not amnesty him because they stupidly used it on Billups after they even more stupidly, picked up his $14 million option.  Somehow, Donnie Walsh gets a complete pass for all that.

It was pretty cool watching him and Felton for that first 50 games or so. We all thought the Knicks were back. **** man. This franchise is too depressing.

Exactly, but neither could repeat those first 50 games for the rest of their tenure here.

The treatment of Amare by the fans and media is Penningtonesque.

HOT FIRE

NY NY what a beautiful city

A place where you can hang out with Anna, Jay Z & Diddy

Its a place absent of excuses and patience

If your smart, you can meet leaders of every nation

NY NY big city of dreams

Everything in NY isnt always what it seems

In the land where the jungle is concrete

The money flows Dow Jones and Wall Street

Home of #STATcity and the #Knickstape Orginator,

Shalom to all my fans, Salute to all my haters.

Peace and Love
Amar’e Carsares Stoudemire Sr.

Amare was one of the worst signings in team history, done out of desperation when other, better, FAs spurned the Knicks.

The only thing keeping Melo's extension from being in the same category is the cap explosion coming in 2016 so his contract would not matter. Amare was an albatross for 4 of 5 years and the Knicks could not amnesty him because they stupidly used it on Billups after they even more stupidly, picked up his $14 million option. Somehow, Donnie Walsh gets a complete pass for all that.

Nobody wanted to come here in 2010 and Melo only decided to here after we signed Amare. Say what you want he was insanely overpaid but Amare/Melo/Chandler made the Knicks competitive at least for a couple seasons and more likely now to get a big-time FA to pair with Melo and our top 4 pick

Too bad Melo couldn't get his head out of his as and learn to share the spotlight with Lin.

Btw we have 0 shot at Durant in 2 years. It's either Gasol or Aldridge this summer. To be honest I can't see Melo and Durant coexisting anyway.

Nobody wanted to come here in 2010 and Melo only decided to here after we signed Amare. Say what you want he was insanely overpaid but Amare/Melo/Chandler made the Knicks competitive at least for a couple seasons and more likely now to get a big-time FA to pair with Melo and our top 4 pick

Too bad Melo couldn't get his head out of his as and learn to share the spotlight with Lin.

Btw we have 0 shot at Durant in 2 years. It's either Gasol or Aldridge this summer. To be honest I can't see Melo and Durant coexisting anyway.

I think Durant goes home to DC with Wall.  I also don't think either Gasol or Aldridge come here.

The key is the 2015 1st rounder and if Jax can build a team around him.  That will determine the 2015 and 2016 FA moves.

I think Durant goes home to DC with Wall.  I also don't think either Gasol or Aldridge come here.

Amare writing poems while bathing in wine, Melo dressing like Captain Crunch after games, Bargnani doing whatever it is he does, the second best player on the team is Langston Galloway, free agents gon' be like:

zKBKH.gif

I'm officially team Towns over team Okafor.

I'd be ecstatic if NYK got Towns.

My top 3 are (1) Okafor, (2) Russell, (3) Towns.  Any of those 3 changes the franchise significantly for the better.

I'm scared of Mudiay.  He goes to China because he doesn't have the grades for SMU, which he committed, then stops playing in December with a phantom injury so he doesn't hurt his draft stock.  The guy has not played organized bball in nearly 3 months and by the summer league will be at least 7 months.  This is a franchise changing pick and he's too much of a gamble.

Amare writing poems while bathing in wine, Melo dressing like Captain Crunch after games, Bargnani doing whatever it is he does, the second best player on the team is Langston Galloway, free agents gon' be like:

zKBKH.gif

This.

I'm bothered by the Hardaway's lack of development.  I can give Fisher a pass for the putrid record, but not for failing to develop young talent.

I'd be ecstatic if NYK got Towns.

My top 3 are (1) Okafor, (2) Russell, (3) Towns. Any of those 3 changes the franchise significantly for the better.

I'm scared of Mudiay. He goes to China because he doesn't have the grades for SMU, which he committed, then stops playing in December with a phantom injury so he doesn't hurt his draft stock. The guy has not played organized bball in nearly 3 months and by the summer league will be at least 7 months. This is a franchise changing pick and he's too much of a gamble.

Towns is a better rebounder and defender than Okafor and has much more dynamic offensive game. Jahlil is just a bigger more hyped up version of his brother. Towns has Kevin Garnett potential.

I don't want the Knicks to win another game this season

Towns is a better rebounder and defender than Okafor and has much more dynamic offensive game. Jahlil is just a bigger more hyped up version of his brother. Towns has Kevin Garnett potential.

I don't want the Knicks to win another game this season

Okafor's skill set translates better to the pros. Offensive rebounding and scoring efficiency are basically the most bankable commodities there are. College production doesn't predict pro performance as well with regard to other stuff.

Archived