2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would spending another $12M on that be a surprise?  He spent $12M to fire the woman who accused Thomas.   I didn't realize it was back in the news, but Isiah's quote is pretty awesome:

It is.  The only person that sexually harassed ABS was Isiah and the jury found that she had been sexually harassed, but somehow to Isiah, that means that the jury did not find that he sexually harassed her.

It is.  The only person that sexually harassed ABS was Isiah and the jury found that she had been sexually harassed, but somehow to Isiah, that means that the jury did not find that he sexually harassed her.

I don't think that was the case.  I am pretty sure that the case was that she was fired for making the allegation.  She won on the retaliation claim.   I was pretty close to it at the time, but I moved to Italy before the actual trial.  The actual chain went something like this:  1. She claimed Thomas sexually harassed her.  2. Thomas created a hostile work environment because she made the claims and Dolan/MSG allowed it (That was the whole players freezing her out thing.  If you recall she ended up having to do some commercials using cardboard cutouts of the players in a playground.  That came from their refusal to work with her).  3.  Dolan/MSG fired her in retaliation of the claims. She won on the hostile work environment and retaliation, but I am pretty sure there was a mistrial on the actual harassment.

***EDIT: Looking back at some of the articles, I think she initially made claims of unwanted sexual advances and the like (which she never fully won on) but later won on sexual harassment based on the fact that they treated her differently/improperly because she was a woman and in retaliation of her claims. We always found the sexual advance charges strange because they both seem gay (I know he is married with kids, but so was Michael Jackson)

the most telling thing I got from Isaiahs interview with boomer and carton was this;

they asked him how he got the liberty job.....

he said dolan would call him and ask his opinion on things involving the liberty, and over time they decided to "make it official"

called him to ask his opinion

crap

Its crazy how out of touch Jax is with modern NBA game. He critizes the 3pt shooting teams, but the last 4 teams in playoffs are in top 7 in 3pt attempts.

He really is such a jackass, and that one was legitimately embarrassing for Knicks fans. I'm not big on twitter, I mean I enjoy The Iron Sheik's tweets, but that Jax tweet really was the biggest bummer ever. We are so ****ed.

At this point I'm actually hoping Isiah is secretly already in charge so we at least don't bone the draft pick before we steamroll back into cap hell.

And it is a sad state of affairs that you are not alone in this thinking.

He really is such a jackass, and that one was legitimately embarrassing for Knicks fans. I'm not big on twitter, I mean I enjoy The Iron Sheik's tweets, but that Jax tweet really was the biggest bummer ever. We are so ****ed.

the one where he says the NYK will not be competitive next year ?  or is there another one ?

I am torn about the Knicks. When the Knicks were relevant, they had a strong point guard . Hell, for a short time, Jeremy Lin made the Knicks interesting with a bunch of disposable scrubs.

Knicks need a rim protecting big man in the worst way

Knicks also need  a Floor General who can control the game and get the ball to the scorers inside and on the outside.

Take the best of the 2 positions ala money bags macaggs  and find a pure shooter and move forward.

I am torn about the Knicks. When the Knicks were relevant, they had a strong point guard . Hell, for a short time, Jeremy Lin made the Knicks interesting with a bunch of disposable scrubs.

Knicks need a rim protecting big man in the worst way

Knicks also need a Floor General who can control the game and get the ball to the scorers inside and on the outside.

Take the best of the 2 positions ala money bags macaggs and find a pure shooter and move forward.

Rajon Rondo and Roy Hibbert are targets. We'll see what happens if Hibbert opts out Bird says he's not but Hibbert hasn't said anything yet.

Please just get me a top 3 pick.

Anything else the nba can f-ck itself.

This.  

Top 3 gives NYK a lot of options.  It guarantees them walking away with either Towns, Okafor or Russell

This.

Top 3 gives NYK a lot of options. It guarantees them walking away with either Towns, Okafor or Russell

I'm done with basketball if we don't get a top 3 pick. Alien Silver and his crooked referees and inept league model can f-ck itself I'm done going to games or watching any nba on tv.

I'm done with basketball if we don't get a top 3 pick. Alien Silver and his crooked referees and inept league model can f-ck itself I'm done going to games or watching any nba on tv.

The Knicks have a 56% change at a top 3 pick so the odds are in their favor.  

I'm blocking everything out about the draft until tomorrow's lottery. I'm not visiting draft sites, reading articles, etc. until we know where the Knicks are picking.  

100% chance those last wins cost us the #1. You know it. I know it. Vegetable Lasagna knows it.

Hope is on life support, wearing an adult diaper and hopped up on morphine, but she ain't dead yet!

So we need to stop writing her obituary ... at least until after 8:30 pm tonight.

What are you guys gonna do at #4? Draft Cauley-Stein? He looks like a slimmed-down Tyson Chandler.

LOL.

Knicks have scouted Mudiay and Russell, so they are going that route at 4.  At 5 is a crap shoot.

Archived