2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Average life expectancy for a hobbit is 100 years.

I can't believe I know this.

I'd mock, but I also know that the average life expectancy of a Dunedain is three times that of the average man. Sooo anyway, if I'm reading you correctly, you're saying we aren't going to outlive him. Gotcha. Plan B it is. 

oh-a-piece-of-candy-o.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Good news! On the Monday before the most important Knicks draft in 30 years. Guess what our head exec was doing?

Taking phone calls? Nope.

Scouring game tape? Nope.

Reading every single last report over and over until his eyes bleed? Nope.

Ready?

He was at Radio City. Attending a Lady Gaga concert.

LOL, Rutgers.  I was just about to post this.

Heck, that's what you do when you "preside" and don't talk to other teams, agents or players.

The easiest $12 million ever made.

LOL, Rutgers. I was just about to post this.

Heck, that's what you do when you "preside" and don't talk to other teams, agents or players.

The easiest $12 million ever made.

It's really impressive how much he doesn't give a **** about flaunting it either. It's like when he put that hat on as soon as he passed Auerbach. Suuuuuuch a tool.

**** hope, but maybe ... just maybe, Jackson, because of Jeanie Buss has inside info on what the Lakers will do which helps out the Knicks.

For instance, the latest rumors are that the Lakers, if they can't trade for Cousins, will pick Russell rather than Okafor.  In that scenario, it forces Sixers' hand to draft Porzingis because they'd try to trade down to accumulate another asset, but can't because the Magic will jump on Porzingis at 5.  That means Okafor will land in Jackson's lap.

Pipe dream, I know, but Jax smoked dope and might be sly as a fox.  Or he simply doesn't give a ****, which is likely, but still...

I'm already prepared for the most disappointing draft since I heard Steph Curry's name announced right before the Knicks selected Jordan F'ing Hill, and being told that he was going to be Antoni's Amare 2.0.

I really don't know why I continue to watch sports and actually care.  Next year will mark 30 years since I got to see one of my teams win a championship.

I'm already prepared for the most disappointing draft since I heard Steph Curry's name announced right before the Knicks selected Jordan F'ing Hill, and being told that he was going to be Antoni's Amare 2.0.

I really don't know why I continue to watch sports and actually care. Next year will mark 30 years since I got to see one of my teams win a championship.

Just draft Mudiay.

No Kaminsky, no Herzonja and no Porzingis

It's Not that hard

Just draft Mudiay.

No Kaminsky, no Herzonja and no Porzingis

It's Not that hard

I agree with you on the picks, but, unfortunately, all the names you're saying "no" to, including Lyles are picks that Jax is in favor for.

I agree with you on the picks, but, unfortunately, all the names you're saying "no" to, including Lyles are picks that Jax is in favor for.

I don't think he's dumb enough to take Lyles or Kaminsky at 4 he knows that's an insane reach. He's trying to trade down. F that just stay put and get Mudiay.

Only trade down I'm not intensely opposed to would be to 7 to Denver for Ty Lawson and WCS.

I really don't know why I continue to watch sports and actually care. Next year will mark 30 years since I got to see one of my teams win a championship.

Continue to watch. And care. And come back just to flagellate over the most pointless draft this side of baseball.

Continue to watch. And care. And come back just to flagellate over the most pointless draft this side of baseball.

I don't disagree... the only time it's not pointless is when you luck into a #1 pick with a can't-miss talent on the board.  Clearly, I wouldn't put Towns in that category, but I do think that his ceiling is as high as anyone's in the draft, as is his floor.  Barring injury, it's tough to imagine him not being at least a good rotation player.  I don't know that you can say that for anyone else in this draft outside of Okafor (who isn't a natural fit on every team) and WCS, which is why the whole process is a crapshoot and one that the Knicks are destined to screw up no matter who they pick.

For the record, I am against the Knicks swapping 1st rounders for an extra player like Bledsoe.  The Knicks need extra picks, real picks, not 2nd rounders.  A 2015 swap, plus a vet and a 2016 1st is worth the 4th pick IMO.

Dropping from 3 to 16 is a hell of a drop for Philly, even with gaining extra assets.

Boston also has the Clippers pick this year and four #1's next year - their own, Brooklyn (unprotected), Dallas (1-7 protected until 2021, when it's unprotected), and Minnesota (1-12 protected, otherwise it becomes two #2's, so the least attractive of the four).

The way Hinkie has been operating, I can seem him going for quantity over quality and avoiding having to pay another top-3 pick.

Just treat the next 7 hours as if we already botched the draft, so when it happens you're not shocked and if it doesn't, you can be relatively pleased.  Similar to getting blown out in the first quarter, you come to terms with the loss much quicker and it doesn't sting so badly at the end. 

Just treat the next 7 hours as if we already botched the draft, so when it happens you're not shocked and if it doesn't, you can be relatively pleased. Similar to getting blown out in the first quarter, you come to terms with the loss much quicker and it doesn't sting so badly at the end.

We are so passing on Mudiay for some scrub like Porzingis

Boston also has the Clippers pick this year and four #1's next year - their own, Brooklyn (unprotected), Dallas (1-7 protected until 2021, when it's unprotected), and Minnesota (1-12 protected, otherwise it becomes two #2's, so the least attractive of the four).

The way Hinkie has been operating, I can seem him going for quantity over quality and avoiding having to pay another top-3 pick.

The amount of shame I feel over the Celtics holding the Nets unprotected draft pick next year is unnatural.

The amount of shame I feel over the Celtics holding the Nets unprotected draft pick next year is unnatural.

I can't fathom why a GM would think it's OK to trade a distant unprotected 1st rounder.

I really don't know why I continue to watch sports and actually care.  Next year will mark 30 years since I got to see one of my teams win a championship.

Even if we had landed Curry Dolan would have just thrown him into the Melo deal.

I have an event at work today between 5:30 and 7:30 pm and have WatchESPN app on my phone so I can torture myself watching the draft.  

For career purposes, I'll try to keep a poker face and not scream out in pain, anger or despair, break anything or throw something.

I have an event at work today between 5:30 and 7:30 pm and have WatchESPN app on my phone so I can torture myself watching the draft.

For career purposes, I'll try to keep a poker face and not scream out in pain, anger or despair, break anything or throw something.

Judge: Counselor, your client is accused of...

SMC: ******* ISIAH

Judge: Excuse me? That is not even a charge and there is nobody named Isiah in this case. And Counselor watch your language or I'll find you in contempt. Now where were...

SMC: STICK IT UP YOUR ASS JAMES

(doesn't realize judge is also named James)

Judge: That does it!

Like nobody at Akerman does that.

Dude, it gets better.  It is a summer associates event with associates, partners, etc.  It's a "mixology" class to teach people to mix his or her own drinks.  People are going to get sloshed and there's a couple of Knicks fans, so it may get ugly/entertaining.

Dude, it gets better.  It is a summer associates event with associates, partners, etc.  It's a "mixology" class to teach people to mix his or her own drinks.  People are going to get sloshed and there's a couple of Knicks fans, so it may get ugly/entertaining.

Sounds like a set up to make some cuts in the office.

Archived