2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he followed that with WHAT THE **** IS HE TALKING ABOUT

"They have all these analysts. I just wanted to see someone come back to me with statistics: Is 3-point shooting in the playoffs as consistent as it is in the regular season? Does your 3-point-shooting percentage change because you’re in the playoffs? No one figured that one out. And that’s probably me being obtuse to leave it open at the end. But “goink” is one of those New York expressions that we use, and I will tell you this: I learned something. Someone sent me the fact that if you look it up on Urban Dictionary, you’ll find out what it means in today’s society."

From anybody else this would be the point where you're like, okay, he's just trolling the whole world now. This could actually be worse than Lyles. Mother of god.

From anybody else this would be the point where you're like, okay, he's just trolling the whole world now. This could actually be worse than Lyles. Mother of god.

I honestly don't know what's worse. The fact that he thinks he showed the stat geeks up by thinking nobody has thought to separate playoff from regular season numbers, or that he referenced Urban Dictionary.

I honestly don't know what's worse. The fact that he thinks he showed the stat geeks up by thinking nobody has thought to separate playoff from regular season numbers, or that he referenced Urban Dictionary.

I'm not an ageist but Jax simply comes off as a stubborn old man. There's a bunch I deal with in my profession and then there's my Pops.

He has literally never built a team before and he has now asked to do it at 69 years old to stubbornly fit a system in which there is no imperical data that is is successful.

a huge problem with the GM being married to a system is he isn't coaching it

so he will bring in players for the triangle, have fisher coach it, then quit when he finds isaiah in his office some sunday night

yay

so he will bring in players for the triangle, have fisher coach it, then quit when he finds isaiah in his office some sunday night

yay

Actually, the biggest problem with the GM being married to a system is that the system has literally never worked unless run by HOF players.

The 2016 draft looks like its not going to be that good so not having a 1st rounder is not killer.  But the key is to hold onto 1st rounder for here on out.  That's the only way the Knicks are going to get better.

Chances are Jax blows this draft based on all the information we've seen, so they'll need more opportunities to get it right.

yay

Whether or not the Knicks end up being a good defensive team is way more important than offensive system. The only way to win with Melo is to have Melo and 4 guys who play defense like we did in 2013.

Which is why i don't want Greg Monroe.

The 2016 draft looks like its not going to be that good so not having a 1st rounder is not killer.  But the key is to hold onto 1st rounder for here on out.  That's the only way the Knicks are going to get better.

Chances are Jax blows this draft based on all the information we've seen, so they'll need more opportunities to get it right.

Jackson was entitled to a freebie year or 2 because the team is such a mess. But he pretty much blew the goodwill  by pissing away assets like Shumpert for really nothing and the constant babbling about his beloved triangle.The triangle works great if you have all time great players, otherwise not so much. And those players would pretty much be good playing anything (except 1 guy hogging the ball for 24 seconds and the other 4 standing around, but I digress).

This is not gonna end well. 

Shumpert's an asset lol.

I know this may be breaking news but guards who can't shoot aren't highly sought after in today's nba.

Fair. But he got practically nothing for him, though he did get relief from watching JR Smith slow motion self-destruction and his awful contract.

Whether or not the Knicks end up being a good defensive team is way more important than offensive system. The only way to win with Melo is to have Melo and 4 guys who play defense like we did in 2013.

Which is why i don't want Greg Monroe.

Yet there are articles again reporting today that Jax wants Monroe because he sees him as a good fit for the triangle.

Shumpert's an asset lol.

I know this may be breaking news but guards who can't shoot aren't highly sought after in today's nba.

FYI, in 2014 the Thunder offered their 2015 1st rounder for Shump but Jax told Mills to say no because Shump was a good fit for triangle.

True story. If Knicks make that trade they have 2 picks in this year's lottery.

Fair. But he got practically nothing for him, though he did get relief from watching JR Smith slow motion self-destruction and his awful contract.

Outside of the 2012 season in which he did a good job as our 6th man Smith has been atrocious since returning from China. Shump got nothing in return besides helping dump JR's contract because he's terrible. He's an average defender with no shot and he always gets hurt.

FYI, in 2014 the Thunder offered their 2015 1st rounder for Shump but Jax told Mills to say no because Shump was a good fit for triangle.

True story. If Knicks make that trade they have 2 picks in this year's lottery.

Great 20/20 hindsight. Thunder would have had one of the last 4-5 picks in rd 1 instead of a lottery pick had Durant not gotten injured but Phil should have known

Great 20/20 hindsight. Thunder would have had one of the last 4-5 picks in rd 1 instead of a lottery pick had Durant not gotten injured but Phil should have known

Phil should've sold high on Shump.  That's what good GMs do.  And even if Durant was healthy, a late 1st rounder is still better than the crap Jax got for him.

I don't know why you defend Jax so much when he has been an unmitigated disaster.

And, BTW, Jax's BFF Charley Rosen is again in the news talking up Monroe to the Knicks because he's a "great fit" for the triangle.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/21/phil-jacksons-pals-plan-to-bulk-up-the-knicks/

Jackson was entitled to a freebie year or 2 because the team is such a mess. But he pretty much blew the goodwill  by pissing away assets like Shumpert for really nothing and the constant babbling about his beloved triangle.The triangle works great if you have all time great players, otherwise not so much. And those players would pretty much be good playing anything (except 1 guy hogging the ball for 24 seconds and the other 4 standing around, but I digress).

This is not gonna end well. 

It didn't start out so great.

C'mon.  If the Knicks had traded them Shump would have picked up Durant's slack and the pick would be in the high 20's.

Yes, and a 1st rounder in the 20s of the 2015 draft is better than a 2019 second rounder.

This isn't difficult.  There were questions of whether Knicks would tender Shump going into this season.  Knicks weren't keeping him and a good GM trades him for an asset, such as a 1st rounder in the 20s rather than wait until there is no value and makes a trade for nothing, which Jax did.

Yes, and a 1st rounder in the 20s of the 2015 draft is better than a 2019 second rounder.

This isn't difficult.  There were questions of whether Knicks would tender Shump going into this season.  Knicks weren't keeping him and a good GM trades him for an asset, such as a 1st rounder in the 20s rather than wait until there is no value and makes a trade for nothing, which Jax did.

Are you trying to intimate that Jackson is not a good GM?

This isn't difficult. There were questions of whether Knicks would tender Shump going into this season. Knicks weren't keeping him and a good GM trades him for an asset, such as a 1st rounder in the 20s rather than wait until there is no value and makes a trade for nothing, which Jax did.

He was kidding.

Shumpert isnt worth a 3rd rounder.

Shumpert isnt worth a 3rd rounder.

I was there his rookie year and he was a plus defender before he blew out his knee.  He always gave me the feeling of one of those guys that would have the tease of an offensive game, but never really put it together.  Then he blew out his knee and I kind of stopped even hoping.

I was there his rookie year and he was a plus defender before he blew out his knee. He always gave me the feeling of one of those guys that would have the tease of an offensive game, but never really put it together. Then he blew out his knee and I kind of stopped even hoping.

In all fairness, it's not like anybody could possibly have known that Shumpert was a bum and Faried was amazing.

He was kidding.

This is a difficult time for me right now as this is the most important draft the Knicks have had in 30 years and the Knicks have someone running the team that makes Scott Layden look like Jerry West.

This is a difficult time for me right now as this is the most important draft the Knicks have had in 30 years and the Knicks have someone running the team that makes Scott Layden look like Jerry West.

His worst move was the move you liked the most though....and was likely heavily influence by the owner.

I don't know why you're getting your hopes up for this. You know how this ends.

Archived