Geno Smith Is Better Than Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington

Maxman

Chad Pennington was awful in high-pressure games, his postseasons were brutal and that was with Hall of Fame running backs, legitimate WR's, and a Top 5 offensive line.

Mark Sanchez was at his best in high-pressure games, his postseasons were terrific and that was with free agent castoffs at skill positions and slightly-above-average protection.

Mark Sanchez was the best Jets QB in the last 40 years and he was run out of town by an embarassed owner who thought it was a way to placate his drunken fanbase. Worst decision in team history to let him go and let Idzik call the shots and Ryan overstay his welcome.

SAR I

So much wrong with this post my friend.

Sanchez at his best in high pressure games?????? You mean like in 2011 where the Jets were sitting at 8-5 and all Sanchez had to do is win one game out of the final 3 to make the playoffs? He crapped the bed in all 3 games.

Or the San Diego playoff game where he completed 12 passes for 100 yards, 2.3 YPA and a pick? Sanchez was lucky SD's Pro Bowl kicker missed 3 chip shot FG's??

Or his gaffes and turnovers in the AFCCG's??

Sanchez had one outstanding playoff game out of 6, unfortunately, that happened in Foxboro.

Pennyboy was a better, much more complete QB than Sanchez could ever dream to be.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad Pennington was awful in high-pressure games, his postseasons were brutal and that was with Hall of Fame running backs, legitimate WR's, and a Top 5 offensive line.

Mark Sanchez was at his best in high-pressure games, his postseasons were terrific and that was with free agent castoffs at skill positions and slightly-above-average protection.

Mark Sanchez was the best Jets QB in the last 40 years and he was run out of town by an embarassed owner who thought it was a way to placate his drunken fanbase. Worst decision in team history to let him go and let Idzik call the shots and Ryan overstay his welcome.

SAR I

wow strong take

Arm strength wasn't Chad's only flaw. We're talking about a guy who didn't win a single game in his career against a top defense. We get it, its tough to win against tough defenses, but to never do it ONCE? Unforgivable. For Pete's sake, he threw 4 picks at home against the Ravens in his final postseason game. He wasn't nearly as smart as some make him out to be.

We're a bad franchise who outside of 11 games of Favre in '08 and Testaverde in '98 haven't been able to find anything close to greatness at the QB position since Namath. The fact that we're arguing over which sh*tty QB was better and treating Pennington like he was a god in hindsight tells us all we need to know about this terrible franchise.

That's pretty harsh 80.

Don't forget Pennyboy went into Foxboro and destroyed the Pats on Sunday night to give the Jets their only home playoff game in 15 years.

This thread still going? Ha

I loved Penningtons heart. I loved Testeverde running weis offense in 98. I loved that Testeverde called Herm from his couch to QB the team he loved. He's one of my all time favorite jets.

Sanchez and Geno can go take a long walk off a short pier.

And I'll love next years QB in August because, god willing, he won't be Geno. I can't make any promises beyond August.

Archived