Who should the Jets fire?

slats

Who should the Jets Fire?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Jets fire?

For the sake of the franchise, we need the pro-Rex movement and all its adherents driven into the sea. None can survive.

Rex is a goner.

If there's a thing where what the fans think actually has an influence on what they do, it's the ones holding onto some sort of misguided hope that John Idzik has any level of competence as a GM that need to be voted off the island.

Big, big fan of airplane banners and billboards right about now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What quality head coaching candidate is going to come work for a GM who is on thin ice?  If Idzik is retained, you're limiting the pool of coaches who will be willing to come here.  

Even your boy Bevell might not take that risk.

Money talks.

Jets will have cap space and a very high draft slot when its all said and done. The Jets are at rock bottom. A new GM cant possibly do worse.

My opinion is as valuable as the toilet paper I used to whip my ass after my morning coffee.

I can't tell if your coffee isn't strong enough or if it's too strong...

I'm new and all and I am convicted of many a typo, but I just couldn't pass that up after the visual it gave me....

Izdk has been a front office guy since 1993. After 21 years shouldn't his drafts be better than this?

I wouldn't trust him after Geno.

you act like idzik drafted geno with a number 1 pick to be our franchise QB, he used a second round pick on geno when geno was projected to be both a first round pick and the best QB in the draft. when we drafted geno I think the intention was to bring in young blood and try to put some pressure on sanchez to fix himself unfortunately sanchez went down with an injury (Rexs fault) in the third quarter of a pre season game.

I can't tell if your coffee isn't strong enough or if it's too strong...

I'm new and all and I am convicted of many a typo, but I just couldn't pass that up after the visual it gave me....

lmfao - my coffee is strong and I like it black, like my women.

you act like idzik drafted geno with a number 1 pick to be our franchise QB, he used a second round pick on geno when geno was projected to be both a first round pick and the best QB in the draft. when we drafted geno I think the intention was to bring in young blood and try to put some pressure on sanchez to fix himself unfortunately sanchez went down with an injury (Rexs fault) in the third quarter of a pre season game.

If that was the case, why didnt they retain Sanchez this season and why didnt they actually have someone compete with Geno instead of handing him the job? 

Rex: 1 win seasons are not the norm for Rex Ryan. He's only had 1 losing season in his career. This myth that he cant win games, is very near sighted. Rex has always had his teams in "contention" and was a game from the SB twice with an average team. This is the first season he hasnt at least been "in the hunt", even though they finished way out of it in 2012, they had a shot at one point to salvage the season if they could have strung some wins together. He's clueless on offense, genius on defense and has some clear deficiencies as HC, just like 95% of Head Coaches in the NFL.

1). Rex has had only 2 winning seasons out of 6. In 6 years, Rex has never had the Jets in "contention" for a division title, never finishing closer than 2 games out.

2). The "genius" on defense has gone downhill every single year since he took Mangini's players to the #1 ranking in 2009. His defense this year will set an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a seasons. Teams that can not create turnovers are soft, slow, undisciplined and poorly coached.

1). Rex has had only 2 winning seasons out of 6. In 6 years, Rex has never had the Jets in "contention" for a division title, never finishing closer than 2 games out.

2). The "genius" on defense has gone downhill every single year since he took Mangini's players to the #1 ranking in 2009. His defense this year will set an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a seasons. Teams that can not create turnovers are soft, slow, undisciplined and poorly coached.

1) **** a division title.  He took his team on the road in the playoffs and beat HOF QBs with Mark Sanchez.  

2) Idzik traded away his best player the second he got here and currently has street FA's playing corner in the most pass happy league we've ever seen.

Nobody questioned Rex's coaching ability when he beat Manning in his house and followed it up by stomping a boot heel in your ass in NE during the playoffs. 

Rex is a goner.

If there's a thing where what the fans think actually has an influence on what they do, it's the ones holding onto some sort of misguided hope that John Idzik has any level of competence as a GM that need to be voted off the island.

Big, big fan of airplane banners and billboards right about now.

I haven't seen you show this much contempt for someone since we were discussing exes.

In fact who do you hate more?  Idzik or the ex wife?

1) **** a division title. He took his team on the road in the playoffs and beat HOF QBs with Mark Sanchez.

Rah, Rah, Yea, Yea. The only reason the Jets made the playoffs in '09 was because the Colts and Bengals sat all their starters in weeks 16 and 17.

And the only reason the Jets won any playoff games that year was because SD's All-Pro kicker missed 3 chip-shot FG's.

How many home playoff games has Rex had in 6 years?

Rah, Rah, Yea, Yea. The only reason the Jets made the playoffs in '09 was because the Colts and Bengals sat all their starters in weeks 16 and 17.

And the only reason the Jets won any playoff games that year was because SD's All-Pro kicker missed 3 chip-shot FG's.

Beat the Pats ass on their home turff by out coaching Belicheat in the playoffs like a boss.

and the only reason the pats won 3 super bowls is because of Kodak. whats your point?

If that was the case, why didnt they retain Sanchez this season and why didnt they actually have someone compete with Geno instead of handing him the job? 

they didn't retain Sanchez because the idiot before idzik gave Sanchez a huge contract that he was not worth. They brought in Vick who already new our offensive coordinators playbook to an extent to compete with Geno however Geno seemed to have improved a lot during the offseason, you cant tell me you didn't see some good signs out of Geno in the preseason. They gave Geno a chance which I don't have a problem with because they gave him a chance cause he worked his butt off to earn that chance they also realized they made a mistake and who is the starter now?

ok Im done with Rex too.  I am tired of hearing him stick up for that dolt Idziot, Geno, and Woddy...he is nothing but a huge kiss ass!

Fire them all 

oh and for all those stupid comments about "poor man will lose his job etc..."  THERE IS NOTHING POOR ABOUT THEM - NONE OF THEM ARE GOING TO END UP ON THE WELFARE LINE.  THEY LIVE IN MILLION DOLLAR HOMES AND GO ON EXTRAVAGANT VACATIONS MANY TIMES A YEAR.  THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN ALL THE PEOPLE COMMENTING AND READING THIS FORUM COMBINED!

I THINK THE WILL SURVIVE

Honestly as long as Rex is I will be happy.  I'm not sure how attractive the Jets look if they fire a GM after 2 years, but if it means Bradway finally gets canned it might be worth it overall.  I'm not sure how attractive the Jets are to any potential coach/gm with Woody as the owner either way.

I haven't seen you show this much contempt for someone since we were discussing exes.

In fact who do you hate more?  Idzik or the ex wife?

The ex, and it's really not even close. She's better looking than Idzik, but fails on every other count. 

In fact who do you hate more? Idzik or the ex wife?

He doesn't want Rex to be marched out of the building by himself. If Idzik goes with him, the victimization angle stays in play forever. Slats is cagey.

He doesn't want Rex to be marched out of the building by himself. If Idzik goes with him, the victimization angle stays in play forever. Slats is cagey.

I'm guessing you've bought your therapist a summer home in the Hamptons by now. It's only people who've spend as much time on the couch as you have who come up with these pseudo-psychological projections imposed on everyone around them. 

I want Idzik out because, like I feared when he was hired, he has no talent for acquiring talent. 

I'm guessing you've bought your therapist a summer home in the Hamptons by now. It's only people who've spend as much time on the couch as you have who come up with these pseudo-psychological projections imposed on everyone around them.

I want Idzik out because, like I feared when he was hired, he has no talent for acquiring talent.

ADMIT YOU'RE COMPROMISED

Geno is a bust and will never be an NFL QB. There were questions about him pre draft and that's why he dropped.

Waste of a draft pick.

Geno is a bust and will never be an NFL QB. There were questions about him pre draft and that's why he dropped.

Waste of a draft pick.

he was projected to be a number 1 pick that we got in round two. in hindsight he was a waste of a pick yes but who had future vision that could have seen it? I didn't like when they drafted geno but I didn't whine about how bad the pick was because we got the best qb in the draft when we needed at the very least a backup qb and we got him in round 2 without wasting one of our two first round picks on one.

Archived