Would you give complete control of the New York Jets to Nick Saban?

CobraVerde

Would you give Nick Saban Complete Control of the New York Jets?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Nick Saban Complete Control of the New York Jets?

• Yes. Give him whatever he wants.
    • No. Nick Saban is not an answer.
    • No. Get Les Miles, Gus Malzahn or Jimbo Fisher instead (or other).
    • No. We need a seasoned NFL coach.
    • No. We need a retired NFL coach.
    • We need to keep Rex Ryan

Guys like Saban and Meyer are known as sensational recruiters. That won't help them in the NFL. 

They recruit players to fit their scheme and from what I can see they are very successful. Is recruiting that much different than the NFL draft ? Who knows the current college class better than a current college coach. Wonder why Jimmy Johnson helped build the Cowboys with all that Florida talent ?

Hire Saban in a heartbeat I may even take him over Harbaugh .... Does everyone forget what a joke The Miami organization was and the real reason why Saban left ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said any decent coach can win at Alabama...not true at all, same can be said for Florida...

Along with being a great recruiter you still have to be a good coach, saban is both.

Saban is not for the NFL, hard to teach Multi-millionaires anything.  In college he is the BOSS.

that's a statement that makes no sense ...apparently someone knows how to teach these so called millionaires how to win because deep down no matter how much you make you still want to win. bragging rights among friends is whats important because the money is coming in anyhow no matter how you slice it.

that's a statement that makes no sense ...apparently someone knows how to teach these so called millionaires how to win because deep down no matter how much you make you still want to win. bragging rights among friends is whats important because the money is coming in anyhow no matter how you slice it.

Many times Teaching involves screaming at players, saban can do this with 18-21 yr olds, for pros not so much. He benches/suspends players for not following rules, in NFL owners are too involved for his style to work

All the knocks are things said about Carroll or Chip Kelly (style won't work with pros, recruiting) except the QB one. I don't know what to do about the QB thing. Maybe he knows a guy? I don't care - Saban makes sense here.

Better chance of hitting lottery than Saban coming to NY, better chance of woody hiring a movie maven to run entire operation, better chance of me bagging jen Lawrence, better chance of Vernon making a sack this yr........better chance at a UNC player getting an A while actually showing up to class, better chance of a 90 degree day in Vermont in Dec

Better chance of hitting lottery than Saban coming to NY, better chance of woody hiring a movie maven to run entire operation, better chance of me bagging jen Lawrence, better chance of Vernon making a sack this yr........better chance at a UNC player getting an A and showing to class, better chance of a 90 degree day in Vermont in Dec

so your saying theres a chance

Jets have ties to Alabama. Sure he blew his first rodeo with the Dolphins but that is because they didnt give him control of personnel, which is what Saban loves about college. Program is still tops but that are chinks in the armor. Would you be willing to give him control of personnel and players and coaching to try and get this organization back to the top? Pete Carroll's second crack has turned out alright i would say? Chip Kelly isnt doing half bad, with Sanchez btw...

Thoughts?

Not after he gave Rex's playbook to Belichick...

Many times Teaching involves screaming at players, saban can do this with 18-21 yr olds, for pros not so much. He benches/suspends players for not following rules, in NFL owners are too involved for his style to work

So I guess guys like Parcells who not only screamed and belittled players for being idiots would never work eh ? There are methods for getting the best out of players money or not. Sure some can never be reached (see Santonio Holmes) but for the most part the right style works fairly well. Just like the Owners the players are attention whores as well or the would not be dancing like idiots after tackles and TD;s . I personally don't like celebrations I think they are idiotic and childish but it does show what most of these guys are made of and they are reachable by any coach and Saban is apparently reaching players . Either way I think Saban is a pipe dream I don't think he wants anything to do with the pro circus and we are the ******* ring leaders at this stage and what our current Idiot coach has built will take some time to repair

So I guess guys like Parcells who not only screamed and belittled players for being idiots would never work eh ? There are methods for getting the best out of players money or not. Sure some can never be reached (see Santonio Holmes) but for the most part the right style works fairly well. Just like the Owners the players are attention whores as well or the would not be dancing like idiots after tackles and TD;s . I personally don't like celebrations I think they are idiotic and childish but it does show what most of these guys are made of and they are reachable by any coach and Saban is apparently reaching players . Either way I think Saban is a pipe dream I don't think he wants anything to do with the pro circus and we are the ******* ring leaders at this stage and what our current Idiot coach has built will take some time to repair

it is Saban who does not have the patience for this, it worked for parcels for sure. Saban's salary approaches $10M, he does not need NFL

There is no evidence that happened other than Finebaum claiming it in his book. And Finebaum is a dickbag yokel who definitely has it in him to make that sh*t up.

there are records that show the brand new house Saban is living in was purchased by the Alabama boosters. And then given to Saban. He got a new deal and a new house. 

there are records that show the brand new house Saban is living in was purchased by the Alabama boosters. And then given to Saban. He got a new deal and a new house. 

I'm talking about the $100 million. That sounded like a crock of sh*t when he claimed it, and the fact that nobody has corroborated it and it's Finebaum doing the boasting is all that needs to be said.

I'm talking about the $100 million. That sounded like a crock of sh*t when he claimed it, and the fact that nobody has corroborated it and it's Finebaum doing the boasting is all that needs to be said.

i was not aware of that... just talking about his on the record deal, which is mighty huge. 

• 4 weeks later...

College recruiting is vastly different from NFL drafting and personnel. Saban has way more booster money to slither under the table illegally to alleged high school "graduates" than any NFL team has in their entire salary cap.

Pete Carroll doesn't have personnel control in Seattle.

Other than those two minor points, it's a good idea

Pete Carroll most certainly does have final say.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2010/01/20/leiweke-carroll-has-power-in-tie-breakers/

Archived