Amari Cooper

Wreckingball

he is ... possession wr  lmao

Coopers a great college receiver....Julio was a thoroughbred built for the NFL. I see Cooper as a productive slot chain mover in the NFL. He's undersized and not a freaky enough athlete (ala Beckham)

Maybe the Jets should draft Geno Smith part deux

Coopers a great college receiver....Julio was a thoroughbred built for the NFL. I see Cooper as a productive slot chain mover in the NFL. He's undersized and not a freaky enough athlete (ala Beckham)

watch more tape dude

I don't get what geno's relevance to this is... But I don't know definitively about Cooper's measurables. He could be once the combine numbers comeback, but you don't need to be an athletic freak to be great. The guys in the NFL are gifted anyways btw look at Jordy Nelson yeah he wasn't a "freak" like OBJ/Julio but he's damn good WR nonetheless.

I don't get what geno's relevance to this is... But I don't know definitively about Cooper's measurables. He could be once the combine numbers comeback, but you don't need to be an athletic freak to be great. The guys in the NFL are gifted anyways btw look at Jordy Nelson yeah he wasn't a "freak" like OBJ/Julio but he's damn good WR nonetheless.

There's a Geno Smith playing for Alabama...

quote name="Matt39" post="2610532" timestamp="1417322280"]There's a Geno Smith playing for Alabama...

LOL that's who I thought you were talking about until I saw "part deux" part. Sad thing is we probably should've turned in the card for this Geno Smith at least he's a CB. better him than the guys Idzick scouted at his local Stop N Shop. [

He'll be in someones camp...depends on the stipulations...is he on a roster week 1 I'd probably take. $50 he's not on the Colts Im definitely in for.

Trent Richardson is a bust as to where he was picked in the draft. He's one of the many examples as to why you just don't pick a running back early in the draft anymore.

He will be in the league next year as someone's second back or possibly just riding the bench as a backup. I don't think his career is over just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent Richardson is a bust as to where he was picked in the draft. He's one of the many examples as to why you just don't pick a running back early in the draft anymore.

He will be in the league next year as someone's second back or possibly just riding the bench as a backup. I don't think his career is over just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not a change of pace guy and he's been terrible in his early down role...I don't see what value he brings at this point.

Cooper is very interesting, but the guy I still love is Parker.  I'd rather trade down and pick Parker than go for Cooper, IMO.   Don't get me wrong, I love Cooper and wouldn't mind it one bit if he's on the team, but to me personally, I think Parker is the better value because he has very similar upside but won't cost as much.   I think Parker could go mid first round right now, so if we could do something like the Browns did and move down about 8 spots and pick up an extra first round pick, I'd love to do so.   

The guy is on the same playing field as Sammy Watkins, if not better. He has a very similar game to Julio Jones. I'd be ecstatic if the Jets drafted him. It'd give us a top flight receiving corp for whoever the next qb is.

If we had Cooper, Decker, Harvin, Kerley and Amaro next year, you might be able to convince Farve to come back.

Cooper is very interesting, but the guy I still love is Parker.  I'd rather trade down and pick Parker than go for Cooper, IMO.   Don't get me wrong, I love Cooper and wouldn't mind it one bit if he's on the team, but to me personally, I think Parker is the better value because he has very similar upside but won't cost as much.   I think Parker could go mid first round right now, so if we could do something like the Browns did and move down about 8 spots and pick up an extra first round pick, I'd love to do so.   

Yes Yes  Yes

Trade down and get Parker!!!!!

by this logic Stephen hill must be as good as wait for it..... Calvin Johnson.

I don't recall Stephen Hill playing like Calvin Johnson in college. Only resemblance I recall were his measurable a and alma mater. Megatron was a beast and pulled off one of the better one handed catches I've ever seen. So to make a long story short.....NO

I like Cooper so long as we can get some decent free agent pick ups at OL.

I defer to others on any college player, but I've always felt that, on offense, it's a lot easier to get OLmen than a difference-maker at WR (or QB for that matter). Especially now, with the rookie salaries under control.

I was more able to be swayed on this when a top 5 pick was getting $10M+/year (when the cap was in the $100-110M range). Then, the last thing a horrible team could afford - even more than missing out on a great player - was getting buried by a terrible, guaranteed deal on TOP of missing out on someone special. And OLmen have generally or historically been less risky if they're valued that highly. Obviously there are huge exceptions.

But whiff on your #5 overall pick and you still need protection from your QB and still need that playmaker and you're also wasting time force-feeding your bust onto the team. So you're also not going to go all-out in FA to correct the mistake until you've given your bust every possible chance in the world.

Nowadays, though, it's a lot easier to recover from a bad pick (cap-wise). I think it makes swinging for the fences, on higher risk playmaker/difference-makers, a more worthwhile gamble.

Archived