Watching the future of the NYJ

LionelRichie

Just posted this in another thread. That is the combo I want besides harbaugh and mariota

Mariota is a no-brainer assuming Idzik is run out of town. 

Malzahn is not really on anyone's list and would be a longshot to make the jump to the NFL.   I like him b/c he brings innovation to the game and if nothing else the Jets would be entertaining.    I have no idea if Malzahn would be closer to Spurrier or Kelly but it's almost impossible to be worse than the offesne we have today.  

The draft is still a long way off.  And we may get a lower draft space if we win.  Not likely. 

I think we need a top five to trade up for him.  Tampa Bay looks at a Hawaaiin surfing

quarterback and thinks they have it made.  It takes a lot of things to go right for Mariota

to be successful here.

The Jets - the way they are currently constructed - would almost definitely ruin a young QB like Mariota. If Idzik stays he will certainly hire Quinn from Seattle as HC. Another defensive coach, who may or may not know offense, but certainly is not 'expert' at it is not the way to develop a QB. Jets should build the offensive line back up - it is woefully inadequate and has led to Geno and Vick looking awful, because they have no time to throw. A new QB would not fix this, it would only hinder hs development. Jets should sign a FA QB or make a trade for one. There should be plenty of options avalable, just NOT RGIII or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Chad Henne please.

Bring in new coach someone like Art Briles

John Idzik should be still here in 2015

Beef up oline and secondary through free agency Guard and Tackle CB and a real FS

Sign Bradford or Cutler

Draft:

Amari Cooper

Another Guard

Bryce Petty

I too like Briles. I also like Bryce Petty and think he can be taken in round two. Baylor lights up the scoreboard every game and Briles RUNS THE BALL very well. Petty had a mild concussion in yesterday's game with Texas Tech but should be fine. He has a good arm and accuracy. Briles seems like a bright offensive minded coach, which the Jets need despeartely. If he is NOT HC he should be OC.

Bring in new coach someone like Art Briles

John Idzik should be still here in 2015

Beef up oline and secondary through free agency Guard and Tackle CB and a real FS

Sign Bradford or Cutler

Draft:

Amari Cooper

Another Guard

Bryce Petty

I too like Briles. I also like Bryce Petty and think he can be taken in round two. Baylor lights up the scoreboard every game and Briles RUNS THE BALL very well. Petty had a mild concussion in yesterday's game with Texas Tech but should be fine. He has a good arm and accuracy. Briles seems like a bright offensive minded coach, which the Jets need despeartely. If he is NOT HC he should be OC.

Briles reminds me of Rex Ryan, just on the opposite side of the ball, has no clue how to run a D, and could care less, Malzahn the same.

Malzahn runs a Pop Warner offense. 

more high school than pop warner but at least he runs it fast.   don't forget malzahn was OC at Auburn when Cam Newton was there and the offense looked a lot different.   he would asdjust his game to the NFL (like Kelly).   regardless....it would be fun and better to watch than we've seen in 4 years. 

The Jets - the way they are currently constructed - would almost definitely ruin a young QB like Mariota. If Idzik stays he will certainly hire Quinn from Seattle as HC. Another defensive coach, who may or may not know offense, but certainly is not 'expert' at it is not the way to develop a QB. Jets should build the offensive line back up - it is woefully inadequate and has led to Geno and Vick looking awful, because they have no time to throw. A new QB would not fix this, it would only hinder hs development. Jets should sign a FA QB or make a trade for one. There should be plenty of options avalable, just NOT RGIII or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Chad Henne please.

Smith and Vick look terrible because they are terrible. This team needs a QB above all else. Nothing else matters

I would love the combination of Malzhan and Mariotta, because I think we need to step away from the run and pound and try to go more spread offense.  Teams still can win with the old system, but they need to have a considerable talent advantage to do so, and we just don't have it.   

Archived