Sheldon Richardson oh boy

Matt39

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-de-sheldon-richardson-calls-ex-ferguson-pig-article-1.2032586?cid=bitly

Richardson, born and raised in St. Louis, hopes the violent protests will stop even though his feelings about the white former law enforcement official at the center of this firestorm will never change.“Darren Wilson is a pig,” Richardson told the Daily News on Wednesday, speaking before the Staten Island grand jury decision in the Eric Gardner case. “I’m not talking about all cops. I’m just talking about one in particular.”

Who are the Jets PR people? wtf

They have  aright to speak their minds-right way and a wrong way to say it though- guess which one Sheldon uses

I must be missing something. I don't see what Sheldon said as being outrageous in any way. He even went out of his way to specifically say he was only talking about the one cop. If that's the way he feels, that's the way he feels. It's not even like he's the only person in the world with that opinion. 

Let him talk, what do you give a sh*t? Just because he plays football doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to speak or voice his opinion. He's no different than me, you or anybody else, we all give our own 2 cents on anything we want. What makes it ok for you to comment on anything you want but he's not allowed to do it? Just stupid.

I must be missing something. I don't see what Sheldon said as being outrageous in any way. He even went out of his way to specifically say he was only talking about the one cop. If that's the way he feels, that's the way he feels. It's not even like he's the only person in the world with that opinion. 

I am sure Sheldon didn't fully illustrate how he feels. I would think a few key adjectives were left out. you know, for pr reasons. its just a bad choice of words and he comes off as being very disrespectful

@ylekram,

I am sure Sheldon didn't fully illustrate how he feels. I would think a few key adjectives were left out. you know, for pr reasons. its just a bad choice of words and he comes off as being very disrespectful

I don't think its disrespectful at all. It's his opinion. If you read the whole article, Manish wrote it to come off as controversial as possible but if you read Sheldon's actual quotes, it's really tame and he comes off as fairly thoughtful overall. 

Richardson said nothing controversial and he has a right to speak his mind.  If people refuse

to see BOTH sides in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases this thread will get nasty.

I respect the police forces of our nation and can only imagine what it feels like to be in a

life and death situation.  But as a black man our perception / reality in these cases is black

people's lives do not matter.  How is it that unarmed men repeatedly end up dead in interactions

with the police and no one ever finds the police guilty of doing wrong???  If the roles were reversed

I know that wouldn't be the case

@ylekram,

I don't think its disrespectful at all. It's his opinion. If you read the whole article, Manish wrote it to come off as controversial as possible but if you read Sheldon's actual quotes, it's really tame and he comes off as fairly thoughtful overall. 

Im with you. I disagree whole heartedly with Sheldon but defend his right to speak.  His clarification of targeting the ONE officer shows he was thinking. 

@ylekram,

his tweets last week didn't come off as tame and very thoughtful. like I said, a bad choice of words and he come off as disrespectful,imo

Richardson said nothing controversial and he has a right to speak his mind.  If people refuse

to see BOTH sides in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases this thread will get nasty.

I respect the police forces of our nation and can only imagine what it feels like to be in a

life and death situation.  But as a black man our perception / reality in these cases is black

people's lives do not matter.  How is it that unarmed men repeatedly end up dead in interactions

with the police and no one ever finds the police guilty of doing wrong???  If the roles were reversed

I know that wouldn't be the case

take this to the political forum

Archived