Maryota takes shot at Jets/Giants

DaBallhawk

In order to appreciate Dave's cutting edge brilliance, you needed to have seen his afternoon show on NBC and the first true late night incarnation. Show was very different, edgy, and a hilarious departure from the talk shows on the air at that time.

He had Captain Beefheart on once. His ratings couldn't have been that great.

True. But you should really listen to Captain Beefheart. I am a huge fan.

Dude, I was a huge Zappa fan back in my college days.  Got to know "Van Vliet" through his music.  "Trout Mask Replica" is a friggin' classic from that era.  So beyond "ahead of its time" that it's not even funny.

Ratings for that daytime show were a disaster. He had not found his audience. IMO, Dave's edge went into a precipitous drop when he went over to CBS.

Dude, I was a huge Zappa fan back in my college days. Got to know "Van Vliet" through his music. "Trout Mask Replica" is a friggin' classic from that era. So beyond "ahead of its time" that it's not even funny.

ORANGE CLAW HAMMER!!

You both do me proud. Listen to Rory Gallagher and you are diamonds!

In order to appreciate Dave's cutting edge brilliance, you needed to have seen his afternoon show on NBC and the first true late night incarnation.  Show was very different, edgy, and a hilarious departure from the talk shows on the air at that time.

The 12:30 show was completely different than what he's doing now.  Letterman's been impersonating Jay Leno for 15 years now.

Jimmy Fallon is horrible.  I really never got him.  Kimmel I can get the appeal even though I don't think he's funny either but Fallon has literally never made me laugh.

Fallon never, ever made me laugh.  Guy should go light a candle for his career.  Just mugging for the camera at all times.  

Remember that disaster when he tried to upstage Steven Tyler?  Fallon actually believed the audience was there to hear him perform.  lol  What a putz.  

This clip is cringe worthy.  Who told this fukkin' guy he could sing?  Even John Stewart at the end of the piece can't believe Fallon's "balls".

The 12:30 show was completely different than what he's doing now.  Letterman's been impersonating Jay Leno for 15 years now.

Yeah, the original show was a must watch every day.  I wouldn't go as far as saying Dave is imitating Jay.  More like Late Nite on CBS went as corporate as its NBC rival.

Also, read recently that Dave considers Jay to be the best stand up comedian he's ever seen.

Archived