Marvez: Dan Quinn will be next Jets head coach

Jetfan13

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless were adding Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Wagner, it won't matter. That defense is largely predicated on Earl Thomas being the best free safety in the league.

So coaching has nothing to do with their defense?

Earl Thomas and Chancellor were drafted in 2010, when Gus Bradley was the dc. Richard Sherman and Maxwell were also drafted in 2011, when Gus Bradley was still the dc. Nice try though. 

Btw, that Seahawks defense went from 27th in 2010 to 4th in 2012. And Bradley sucks with the Jags. If you want the person responsible for turning that team into a dynasty, you want Pete Carrol. Who gained an eye for talent from being on the college scene for so long. But needless to say, he's not leaving the Hawks.

Pete Carroll was a defensive coordinator who ran ground and pound in Seattle and everyone was hopping on his nuts, I don't see why the next coach needs to be offensively groomed "just because?"

Difference is Pete Carroll can evaluate talent. Hence all the steals they got in the lower round. Quinn is kinda like Idzick 2.0, a guy who is riding the coattails of the Seahawks success despite having little to do with the creation of the dynasty.

Rex's defense is awesome = Rex coach, motivator, genius

Quinn's defense is better = it's the players

Everyone needs an agenda, otherwise, what fun is the internet? Wait, cat videos and Antoine Dodson... nevermind.

Difference is Pete Carroll can evaluate talent. Hence all the steals they got in the lower round. Quinn is kinda like Idzick 2.0, a guy who is riding the coattails of the Seahawks success despite having little to do with the creation of the dynasty.

My fear too.  Check out the Jags HC who was Quinn's predecessor.

You have literally no proof to back this statement up.

You have literally no proof to back this statement up.

I have Gus Bradley, the guy who was their since the beginning of the Seahawks dynasty, looking like crap on the Jags. I also have Idzick, another former Seahawks guy was an awful GM for the Jets. All the former Seahawks guys I've heard of have been total sh*t. A lot of guys seem to be forgetting that before Carroll came that team was in the dumpster. Carroll basically turned that team around. And last time I checked, Carroll isn't leaving Seattle.

Thats exactly what Im implying. Do you think Seattle's defense will suddenly stop being dominant next year ? What has Quinn shown to anyone that separates him from other DC's? Those players were developed under Gus Bradley who is now a Head coach. Its an Allstar defense. It was extremely successful before Quinn and will be just as good next year with another DC. Same deal as Adam Gase in Denver. 

In Seattle there is no special scheme - no amazing play calls on defense. Its a simple defense and Sherman, Chancelor and Thomas erase all mistakes.  Try to do that when your best secondary player is Marcus Williams.  I do not hate this guy at all - But he is not the reason Seattle is special - and thats the reason we are hiring him.

I'm not gonna take on the role of Dan Quinn's big advocate. I am happy with the choice, though. From the outside, the back-to-back #1's in both yards and points for his defense is very impressive. He didn't just maintain a good defense, he was #1 in both critical categories two years in a row, something his predecessor wasn't. I also have some faith in Casserly and Wolf to come away from a six hour interview with the man determining that Quinn was their guy.

The lack of obvious scheming doesn't bother me. He's obviously put his players in position to succeed at an extremely high level.

I have Gus Bradley, the guy who was their since the beginning of the Seahawks dynasty, looking like crap on the Jags. I also have Idzick, another former Seahawks guy was an awful GM for the Jets. All the former Seahawks guys I've heard of have been total sh*t. A lot of guys seem to be forgetting that before Carroll came that team was in the dumpster. Carroll basically turned that team around. And last time I checked, Carroll isn't leaving Seattle.

Gus Bradley has worked wonders with a dead team who's fans don't even want to be there.

Gus Bradley has worked wonders with a dead team who's fans don't even want to be there.

3-13. He's definitely worked wonders on that team. He's managed to consistently get them top 5 picks if anything. At least the Jags get to look forward to the draft every year.

Edit: If that's what we get to look forward to with Quinn, then sign me up. I mean think of all the value we'll have in the draft, picking in the top 5 every year.

Archived